Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hello Everyone,

I have been playing around with Mame and Nintendo emulators since the win98 days, but never really got into front ends and collecting the art till recently. Just starting to build my first Cabinet and dedicated machine to all my favorite arcade classics, pinball and a console or two.

Hey Everyone, I am Titch.

I posted a pic of my cab and a short introduction in the games room section but thought I would do a official one in here to.

I am new to Emumovies and Hyperspin but I have been playing with emulators and arcade builds for years. Sadly my upright that I built years ago ended up in my dads house for storage for the last 6 years or so due to house moving lack of space issues!

But I now have it back and the project has resumed right where it left off!

I used to use Maximus arcade but it no longer does what I need to and seen as the dev seems to of stopped supporting it I went looking for a new FE in Hyperspin. So far after pulling my hair out all day (Been at it for about 12 hours at this point!) I am starting to get things working the way they should etc and its starting to look rather nice, Especially compared to my old front end!

Anyways I will post up some pics etc once its fully operational but I am expecting that to be a few days away.

Thank god for bank holiday weekends!

Cheers all, See you on the forums :)

Hi!, i´m a old "new" user, i discovered this site on 2012, when starting hyperspin projects, manage to restore 5 cavs , ahhh great times, now i  want to update all my videos, i´m from Argentina, so $60 is very expensive here (due to local rate convertion)...

Anyway, love retro gaming, retro in general haha

bonjour

je m'appel Anis et je vis en France . je suis un amoureux des anciennes borne d'arcade toute mon enfance (nostalgie). j'ai un petit pack hyperspin et je souhaite continuer a son développement avec d’autre système .

bravo pour votre site et votre travail.

I'm an analog man living in a digital world I just lost my beta-max remote last week so I when to get a VCR, you now I gots to go with the trend and the salesman told me, we don't even sale DVD now just Blu Ray. What the hell I said is that Blue Ray? OK OK I said to Him time are a changing I need to upgrade to digital just get me a Laser Disc Player With Top Gun ..

Hey All,

My name is Dale and I have just recently decided to build myself and the two youngsters a cocktail arcade machine, even tho the kids are only 1 and 3 it 100% helped persuade the wife lol.

I have setup Hyperspin with all my childhood arcade and console games, all thanks to the magnificent guides from Simple Austin. I am just up to doing vids and some game bezels.

Hope i don't have to bug to many people to help me fix things, but if i do thanks in advance for any help.

Hey,

Been mostly lurking here for some years. Made an account a year ago but then I started focussing on other things. Just bought me a Steam Link and that kick started me setting up my retro collection again.

Hope with time I may be of assistance somehow, though I don't feel that knowledgeable.

Greets,

Morph

1 hour ago, Morphineus said:

Hey,

Been mostly lurking here for some years. Made an account a year ago but then I started focussing on other things. Just bought me a Steam Link and that kick started me setting up my retro collection again.

Hope with time I may be of assistance somehow, though I don't feel that knowledgeable.

Greets,

Morph

You learn pretty quickly, please ask if you get stuck

• Like 1

Good day guuyyyyyyyyyyyys (Stole that one from Simply Austin, credits to him, awesome vids :)),

Already being a member here since January of this year, unfortunately I don't have a lot of spare time for my arcade hobby. Last month I'm trying to get some things going on so I thought it was time for an introduction on this site. Who am I:

I am 35 years old, living in the Netherlands. Have a wife and kid (almost 3 years old) and 2nd child coming end of July. Always had a passion for (arcade) gaming, have a lot of retro consoles and games at home and spend a lot of my money in my earlier years in the arcade :-). I always wanted an arcade cab at home but never had te room for it. In 2014 I bought a bartop with and old version of Hyperspin on it, covered with SQ files and movies. Didn't like the quality much, even the settings of the emulators were not great. But hey... I had an arcade at home LoL !!

Last year we moved to a bigger house so I bought an old arcade cab, refurbished it, and transferred the bartop Hyperspin to it and saw it was only getting uglier (from a 19 inch 4:3 screen to a 27 inch widescreen). So I decided to set it up for myself from scratch. Got a lot of HQ stuff on it allready but it's still not enough (will it be ever enough...). I'm really loving all the art here, not only the HQ movies but for example all the 3d artwork. So big thumbs up for you guys!!! In the next months / years I will be busy upgrading my collection so my Arcade Cab will be awesome and everyone can enjoy it. I bought a lot of different retro controllers (USB) so every game can be played like in the old days. My parents love it, people of my age love and allready my kid and her friends love to watch us play on the cab. They even like to button bash it without even knowing what they are doing. I don't mind, it's all about F U N !!

Had Hyperspin for the last 2 years but recently purchased Bixbox from Jason Carr. Really love what he is doing and the pace he is doing it on! I'm going to try to setup RocketLauncher so I can play on both front ends. 

Well this is me :-). If you want to know more or have questions, feel free to ask.

Machello 

Hello campers, just getting my head around Hyperspin and EmuM got my new flat pack cab here ready to destroy!!

My ask lots of noob questions plz be nice lol

Cheers

Samo

• Like 1

Hey 

Thought I'd introduce myself. I've been a member of the site for a while and I've dabbled in the emulation scene on and off. I've got a few arcade cabinets and want to put a PC in one with lots of goodies from my past - Arcade, Megadrive, Nintendo and the like. 

So I've been spending a bit more time here lately. Looking for ideas and the best way to go about things.

This is a great site by the way.

Cheers 

Adam

• Like 1

Hi im Emiliano, im from Argentina, thanks for all the hard work and the superb quality of the content, im currentli using a tablet to play my old games and want to setup hyperspin

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting into this. Wondering if there is a walkthrough or a good place to start?

I have MAME running fine but, I have not been able to get hyperspin to load MAME. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello everyone!

I have been building my HyperSpin setup and currently have completed MAME, NES, SNES, Genesis, 32X, Dreamcast, PlayStation, NEO GEO and Atomisware. I really love this front end, which I will also use for the arcade cabinet (half-cabinet, with a 70 inch HDTV on the wall as screen) I am building. Once we are past the design stage I will be sure to post pictures of all progress here. We are probably not going to use HyperSync, though, because our system will most likely be completely cut off from the internet.