Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hello, I'm Kevin From Michigan. Just getting started with the emulation thing and am setting up a Hyperspin build.

Hope to learn more and be able to contribute as time goes on.

Rob from Denver.  I've had an old 60-1 stand up arcade for a while, I recently sold it and bout a 4 person Cocktail Cabinet and I'm looking to put a Hyperspin front end system in it.....I work in IT, but still from what I've read so far it's a lot of work and I'll need all the resources I can find.

On 12/11/2009 at 6:01 PM, Circo said:

Since today (Day 5) we hit 100+ members I thought it would be a great time for everyone to introduce themselves. Since I still have some time to kill until I can start posting the video snaps for everyone, I thought it would help break the ice.

For starters I am Circo, hopefully most of you know me but I am the crazy fool that started this site almost 5 years ago. Take a peek at this WayBack version of EmuMovies EmuMovies July 2005 (Wayback Machine) for an idea of how far we have come so far. I have a wife that likes to get mad because I hang out in the office too much playing 2 minutes of each video game that I can get my hands on. I swear this project has made me ADD!

I do have a day job that takes up a lot of my time, but I try to touch this site as often as possible. My favorite development over the past year are the contributers. Users like Keno, StarControl, Jochitko, etc have really helped to motivate me, it was getting hard to stay motivated, but with all of the help coming from our members it has been getting so much easier and fun to do. I think that eventually that we just may reach our goal of perfect HiQ video snap sets for every system. I will say that my favorite change to the project is the normalized audio, this has made such a huge difference in testing, and I can't wait to start rolling these out to you guys.

It is my pleasure to welcome everyone to our new forum, and I am pretty sure that this will become the hub of our site going forward. I think my EmuMovies baby is finally starting to grow up, I am so proud I could cry!

Enough about me, let's hear from you guys, welcome to EmuMovies.com!

Hi Guys thank you for making all this... great job

Hi all!  Marshall (aka Jason) from Canada.  Been a long time Mame user on my PC but never used any front ends before.  Recently discovered Lightspin and Launchbox which brought me here.  Really like what I see in the youtube videos.  I purchased an X-Arcade controller which should arrive Monday so I'm excited to mess around with this new aspect of my hobby.

Greetings everyone!  This is Chuck from the East Coast of the USA.  I'm building an arcade machine modelled after the Tempest machine using Retropie.  I know that only a few games had the spinner knob, but for me, this was one of my favourite games, so I had to include it.

I know you only get out of something that which you put into it, so I hope to contribute what I can to this forum.

Cheers!!

• Like 1

Hello Everyone. This is Mike and I hail from the southern United States. I am currently remodeling my basement into a barcade and in the pre-construction phase of 2 Vewlix clones. I plan on doing a PS3 one with a retro-pi and a 360 in another with a MaMe PC. They will be setup for head 2 head play when in console mode. The MaMe PC is already built (typing on it now) and is an AMD based AM1 5350 with 8gb ram, HD7770 video card, SSD w/ Windows 10 and a 1tb data drive. Its all in a Node 804 case. The current plans for sound is Rockford Fosgate Prime R400.4D amp running a 2.1 setup running off of a Roswill 650w ATX gold rated PSU. I am thinking about putting the subs in the custom benches I am designing.

I am currently trying to make a nice Hyperspin setup. I hope to lean on some wisdom gained here and when the time comes to pay it forward.

Best Regards!

MD

Sup. Rob here, from New Jersey, USA. Putting together a MAME cab with support mainly for the classic arcade games, some Atari 8-bit era and Future Pinball and other pinball sims. Site looks great!

Hello,

I am novice in emulation, my English is poor but I want to realize an arcade terminal anyway. I am bluffed at what you are able to do.

If I understand correctly, I have to plunge hours, days, months to realize this little dream.

Belga

Greetings all, been hovering around the site for a few weeks now since i discovered hyperspin, think its fantastic all the work that has been put into this, such a great site for all the content that has been created, didnt take me long to decide i wanted to be a supporting member (and lets face it that £30 would of only gone on alcohol in my local pub ;) ).

hoping to become an active member of the forums whilst i build my collection and hopefully long after that.

'WidowMaker'

Hello, i'm from Chile. Ive been always looking for the "complete" rom collection, so here i am right now.

I have a youtube channel, if you want, you can look for MankoDax CMV, its in Spanish though.

See ya and thanks

Greetings,

My name is Coby I live in Otis Oregon just a couple miles from the Pacific Ocean and just across the street from Devils Lake.

I've played with MAME since the early days, but bit the bullet in 2016 and started ordering arcade control panel parts.  In December I got my machine mostly built, but am currently stuck waiting on t-molding that is held up in bad weather.  So I'm starting to figure out what I want for a frontend on the cabinet.

I'm another user who is started the cabinet primarily because of Tempest and that spinner.

CobyR-cabinet-in-progress.png

Hello!

My name is Migs and I hail from South Africa.

I've heard of EmuMovies through LaunchBox and am looking into its features for future use.

Thank you for the good work so far!