All Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I am phoibos from Germany an I just scraped together the coins to do what I wanted to do for a long time... lifetime member :)

I am an old bloke, played pong in 1979, got my first VCS 2600 around 1981, my C 64 in 1983 and after a stint on an Amiga 2000 I chose the pc to be my main platform.

Which of course means I have a lot of old console gems to play now. I use Launchbox & you can find me at their forum under the same name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joined a few weeks ago...

Been playing games since before pong... Think Spacewar on a school mainframe in the early 70's!

Been waiting to set up some retroemulation for a while now... So I've finally jumped in...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

I am Phillyman, some of you may know me from the preservation website Retromags.com. Anyhow I am very happy to find this community and I know how hard it can be to run big projects like this and depend on donations to keep up with demand. So with that I am happy to contribute to this site by becoming a Lifetime Supporter. On a personal note I have been into emulation since the days of AOL 4.0 when I used to fire up that bloody hand cursor in Nesticle and launch ROMs the old school way.....man we have come a long way.

-Robert (Phillyman)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Phillyman said:

Hello Everyone!

I am Phillyman, some of you may know me from the preservation website Retromags.com. Anyhow I am very happy to find this community and I know how hard it can be to run big projects like this and depend on donations to keep up with demand. So with that I am happy to contribute to this site by becoming a Lifetime Supporter. On a personal note I have been into emulation since the days of AOL 4.0 when I used to fire up that bloody hand cursor in Nesticle and launch ROMs the old school way.....man we have come a long way.

-Robert (Phillyman)

Awesome, I have been to your site many times.  Fantastic work!

Sup,  I am an old fart that just started trying to wrap my head around emulation. Been playing video games since Pong came out.  Started trying to figure out Hyper Spin but gave up on that . Took me half a day to figure out how to copy rpi roms into my Launchbox . 

Thanks for reading expect a lot of questions lol!

7 hours ago, Nsayn1 said:

Sup,  I am an old fart that just started trying to wrap my head around emulation. Been playing video games since Pong came out.  Started trying to figure out Hyper Spin but gave up on that . Took me half a day to figure out how to copy rpi roms into my Launchbox . 

Thanks for reading expect a lot of questions lol!

Don't worry about that, i'm not as old, but still trying to figure HS out as well... I've been doing stand alone emulation (no front ends) for years, but now i want to set up a cabinet and i got to say it's a lot to digest....

• 1 month later...

I'm also an old dude and I grew up with Atari 2600 as my first console as a kid.  I spent a lot of time in the arcades with Ms Pacman, Galaga, Centipede and the like.  I got enough info off of YouTube to build my son a Raspberry Pi 3 to play all the Super Nintendo Games that would've come on a SNES Mini, (had I been able to find one) for his birthday!  It was only the most basic setup on Emulation Station, but he was thrilled.  I now have the bug and would like to build a full size arcade cabinet for Christmas, but I don't want to settle for "basic."  I want to build a professional level gaming experience for the whole family.  If all goes well, I would like to start building them for relatives and friends as well...(and maybe morph into a small side business.)  Finding the best starting place is where I am finding trouble.  I like the look and feel of Retro FE or Hyperspin to give the game experience I think I'm looking for at the end, but am unsure the steps to take to get there as far as emulator, etc.  I don't even want 3000 games...maybe 50 at the most, but from many different systems from Various Console Systems, to Various Arcade games.  YouTube has been very helpful, but folks are all over the map with set ups.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, Mostile here from the Mushroom Kingdom. Started trying to make a Hyperspin setup a few years ago, but other things came in between. Nowadays with more options like LaunchBox, it'll probably take much less time to complete a retro setup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there! I've dabbled in emulation before, but stopped due to a busy school schedule years ago. A coworker of mine and I decided to both get back into emulation, and build a complete arcade cabinet from the ground up. 

• 1 month later...

Wish I had seen this earlier ?

Hi everyone, Daniel from Norway here. Happy, peaceful guy enjoying life with my wife. Enjoy gaming, football, watching movies, law, learning new stuff and listening to music. Dislike intolerance, injustice and other mean things.

Not sure what there is to know about me, but please don't hesitate to ask if you are wondering about anything ?

Hey Everyone,

Ben from the U.K Here. I've just started a multi-emulator bartop project, and this colossal cache of information has been invaluable to my quest.

Look forward to showing it off once it's complete!

Hi all! As you can see from my user details, not exactly new as a registered user, but completely new as to actually starting to do something...

As my nick hints, my name is Walter and I am from Argentina, way down south in South America.

I have been playing since the Atari 2600 days, and even though I collect and use real hardware (With a small number of exceptions, I have pretty much every computer or console that has a decent game base since the 70's), I also like emulation and use it as well.

Built myself a bartop as practice for a "real" cab, and came out pretty nice.

Hope to find lots of good info and resources to build my ultimate setup that could be used both on a "regular" PC as well as one within a cab.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

Hey there, new to the site and emulation recently, loving it.  Building out a custom arcade cabinet powered by Attract Mode and includes a slew of consoles and games.  Vidcaps for the screens and such.

Thank you all, see ya around. 

• 1 year later...

Hey all! Scott here
I go as Junpei almost everywhere so, might as well call me Junpei!
Always been a fan of emulation, but I recently got more into it since I discovered LaunchBox, I used it mainly as a more attractive and prettier way of seeing my steam games and such, but I am now using it as a front end to all my emulation stuff as well! Which led me here! I love seeing all this quite nostalgic media stored in one place, so keep up the good work!

• 3 months later...

Not new but dont think i ever posted anything about myself in here.

Long time member from the UK whos and old time gamer 🙂 also a moderator for SIFTD if you ever heard of it.