Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. My nick is vahacris, im from Poland. 35 years on neck so I basiccaly grew up with SNES/NES and COMMODORE 64/AMIGA. That's my childchood. I use different emulators for different systems to this day. Now I try to f*ck with Launchbox, so there's a need for screenshots/infos about games. This way I find emumovies site.

I can't believe that so many peps still interested in retro gaming when all this new shiny games/systems are on market. New games are plastic/without souls for me, and oldies got that soul.

That's all for now folks. See Ya.

All, laz223 from los estados unidos.  I have know idea why it took me soooo long top find a site like this.  Oh yeah, this site kicks @#s!!! My daughters gonna love this with Hyperspin.  GREAT WORK!

Good day everyone the name is hypernova 101, and I have been into emulators for a long time but only getting into front Ends.. I feel rather ashamed that I have never heard of this site until now.. who know there was a site like this this whole time.. I hope I can go to the next level regarding emulation in general.. thank you for having me.

hey everybody I am new to here but have had a htpc since 2013. My name is hyg71886, I joined this site to figure out how to fix emulation issues on my htpc as well as a better way to do it. Hopefully being on here will teach me alot like being on pcmech taught me alot about pc's over the years

greetings  i got linked from a YouTube Video of SimplyAustin about RetroFE. Actually i am trying to build an Arcade Cabinet 32" in Weecade Style and searching for most suitable Frontend. im gonna post some Pictures soon.

Never did get round to saying hi here on the forums and I've been here for little over a year. I'm a media creator over at Hyperspin and I was looking to get some more info on helping out with the video snaps over here. But since the site revamp I can't seem to find the forum anymore which had all the details and tutorials on how to do so.

Hi I'm Nick from Scotland.

I've got an old Sega New Net City cab that someone gutted only leaving the monitor and PSU. 

I built a computer and installed MAME on it and that ran fine until the BIOS chip on the motherboard packed up and took out the partition on the hard drive. 

I'm now looking at building a new computer to go in the cab this time with a frontend and as many bells and whistles as I can get. 

If anyone has any advice on a good Frontend that will run fullscreen and look good in this type of cab then give me a shout.

Nick 

4 hours ago, tazfaedodge said:

I'm now looking at building a new computer to go in the cab this time with a frontend and as many bells and whistles as I can get. 

If by that you mean in your face eye candy, than hands down HyperSpin. Do you want easy set-up and powerful search funcitonality, then GameEX. Otherwise maybe have a look at the new kid on the block LaunchBox (it's still constantly changing due to being in development though)

Maybe take a look in the discussion of the Front-End poll thread

Hi all,

CutterJaxx here from Oz. I have been fooling around with arcade emulators for years, as with probably may of you MAME was the kick off point. The old school arcade games are the favourite of mine. I built my first upright cab about 13 or so years ago and am part way through a pedestal build. Sites like this one are an amazing resource and many thanks go to all the contributors. RETROphiles like myself would be up the creek without them.

I look forward to chatting with you all over time.

Hi there,

I'm Bobaille from France and I enjoy collecting old game consoles and computers.

My favorite machine of all times is the Commodore Amiga 500 (as you can see on my profile pic :) )

I'm currently working on an arcade cabinet and am getting familiar with Hyperspin, which led me here to get some videos. I'll post some pictures of my cab when it's done but there's still plenty of work to acheive before that.

Cheers !