Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hello Everyone I'm Mason.... First off I would like to thank everyone who is a part of the EmuMovies community for keeping such an amazing site and service up and running and all the Admins who are always hard at work and continue to bring us all new content... hats of you to all, I can only imagine how much work that can be..... with the help of this site and community and a few other helpful forums I am almost done building my 3 arcade cabinets, I would say I'm at 80% done so thank you all you may not realizing it but everyone on here has been such a great help and inspiration that I felt confident enough to take on the task of building my own which ended up turning into 3 cabinets sooooo thank you all so much.... I'm looking forward to being a part of this community for a very longtime.....heres a link to a small video i made of the cabinets in the works------>   http://www.kizoa.com/Video-Editor-Movie-Maker/d57906459k3968122o1l1/custom-build-arcades-

Hey all!!

Just started a MAME project and this is surely the best community I found. Hope I can learn a few things and also help if I'm able to.

I'll post some pictures when things are more advanced ;)

Thanks!!

@saitoh00 I just finished building a bartop cabinet a few months back. The frontend I used was retropie and I upgraded the pi2 to a pi3 it's a bit faster and wifi build in which is awesome, wifi was the main feature I loved cause I'm able to upload and delete roms and bios from my PC by just going into my network option. The only issue I really have with the Pi units is the n64 roms and them being laggy even when I overclock my pi3 but aside from that everything else worked flawless. If you need any help setting it up just send me a msg. Goodluck with your project 

• Like 1

Hey all. 

Old time user but decided to say hey! 

Ive been dreaming to build my own cabinet for more than 3 years now. I have even made a small bartop but now im going for the big one. I attach a sketch for you guys

Wish me luck! 

Screenshot_2016-08-08-07-59-03~2.jpg

Hello,

I'm Koffdrop. I don't have any ambitious plans like the rest of you! (Good luck ecb116)

I live in a modest 2-bedroom flat with an awesome cat and understanding, patient wife. I like to tinker with software applications as much as playing games.

The first community I ever participated in was an emulation one. It's been a while. Hold me.

• Like 2

Hello folks,

since many years a love emulations. Currently I try to setup my HTPC with LaunchBox and EmuMovie stuff. Maybe a Arcade and/or pinball cabinet will follow after. I am also active in saving old games and I am owning over 1000 big boxes of PC games.

Hello People,

I got here after setting up my LaunchBox on my HTPC. This is great service and community. I hope I can learn something and peek around to other people setup.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2016 at 0:17 AM, Koffdrop said:

Hello,

I'm Koffdrop. I don't have any ambitious plans like the rest of you! (Good luck ecb116)

I live in a modest 2-bedroom flat with an awesome cat and understanding, patient wife. I like to tinker with software applications as much as playing games.

The first community I ever participated in was an emulation one. It's been a while. Hold me.

Welcome! You could try digging your hands on a small bartop. It doesn't take so much space and it will scratch that "arcade"  itch

P. S. Also a big welcome to TheSpawn and TokMudim

Hello, My name is Jose Miguel, I'm from Chile and my english is not very good :)

I have recently found this website from "LaunchBox"  and I think it is a great project, because every retro gamer has dreamed of something like this.

That's all ;)

Hi,

I'm Simon. I have a newly made cocktail cabinet with flipper buttons, spinner, and trackball. It runs Hyperspin. I'm into all the old school arcade games from the late 70s and early 80s.

I'm a big fan off all things Pinball! Pinball FX2, Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, The Pinball Arcade. I visit play expo in Manchester, UK every year to play all the pinball tables. Will see you there this October!

Also a big Commodore Amiga fan.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RetroBasic said:

Hi,

I'm Simon. I have a newly made cocktail cabinet with flipper buttons, spinner, and trackball. It runs Hyperspin. I'm into all the old school arcade games from the late 70s and early 80s.

I'm a big fan off all things Pinball! Pinball FX2, Visual Pinball, Future Pinball, The Pinball Arcade. I visit play expo in Manchester, UK every year to play all the pinball tables. Will see you there this October!

Also a big Commodore Amiga fan.

Welcome buddy. Id love to see some pics of your cabinet

Hello Members!

I am P.S. and I’m have been setting up my family’s media to be more organized and centralized for streaming. From Plex to Drobox to Calibre and now I have made it to the video games and wow has emulation advanced in my time away from Mame32 : )

I am in the process of getting Launchbox/SteamSync set up and I am glad to see such an active community for scrapping media.

I really don’t know where to start, but glad to not be alone : )

Regards,

P.S.

• Like 1

Hey P.S.

Fellow Plex and Calibre user here. Plex gets far more of a workout though. What a wonderful application!

I'm also using Launchbox - setting Retroarch as my emulator of choice. It's a beast.

• Like 1

Hello all, I'm Tim. I have been into retro games since they were originally released, and I have been into emulation since about 1996 or so. I am 40, married with 2 kids. I hope to one day have a small arcade in my garage, including a mame cabinet. I collect retro game systems and games, as well as current gen systems. I am hoping to start up a YouTube or Twitch channel focusing on retro gaming. I enjoy spending time showing my kids the classic games I grew up with and we spend a lot of time gaming together. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone :D

my Name is Yo and I got excited about this website from the "launchbox" application.

I'm seeing that you guys are really into building arcade cabinets which look really awesome.

I never was in any way part of a forum or website community so I'm totally new to this whole thing.

Hopefully I can be of use in any way to some of you for any help.

Besides I'm from Germany so my English is not that good so I think I can learn some about grammar here.

Endgreetingz 2 everyone :D

1646011.jpg

Hi All, 

Strange how i've only just signed up because of trying out LaunchBox. But looking around it seems I should have joined a long long time ago... 

Have been emulating a while before using Mala, currently comparing mGalaxy (like it) vs new install of LaunchBox (lets see this baby!). Used RetroArch from the beginning but it's still not the perfect solution, eg. Amiga support is really bad :( . 

Also spend my nights working out my folder structure! I used to have seperate Roms folder, Emus had the bios,images etc. But now I figure its best to keep resources (roms,saves,bios etc) separate from Emu's, in Console folders. And leave Emu's just to them selves.

Currently have evolved to (using N64 as example):

Emulation > Consoles > Nintendo - N64 > Roms / Saves / Screenshots

Emulation > Emulators > Project64 2.3

Emulation > Emulators Frontend > mGalaxy / LaunchBox / RetroArch

I'll probably change it all back again once I get round to re-sorting MAME! grrr but :)

Guest poppiestar

Good morning all!

My name's Drew and I've just discovered this amazing site. I built my first arcade cabinet in 1999 when I was a teenager in Australia, using an old PC I had lying around. Back then, things were a lot more primitive! Now, I live in the UK, I own my own house and I've decided it's time to fill the empty space in my room with a mini-arcade machine that I've been designing and building over the last couple of months.

I'm somewhat floored that the Raspberry Pi 3 I'm using to run everything is stupid times faster than my old PC, costs £30 and fits in the palm of my hand. I've been playing around with RetroPie, which has made my life significantly easier, but I'm not a big fan of EmulationStation so I've been looking into alternative front-ends. I've been looking at AttractMode which looks a lot closer to what I was imagining.

Hopefully once it's all done I'll have the nerve to show it off to the world, but until then it's still just a bunch of crude drawings in a notebook and a pile of controls and wires in my spare room.

Nice to meet you all!