Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hi all,

I am Jason from Murrumbateman, New South Wales, Australia. I am an old codger that played Pacman and Galaga when they had just been released! I signed up a few days after watching a video by SimplyAustin about the state of HyperSpin. Have started using it on my arcade machine. My arcade machine is a hand built, Galaga-inspired, upright machine. It took me years to build because I kept "testing" it rather than finishing it. Now I only have the marquee to do to finish off that project. I get a kick out of playing old games with my kids (Galaga, Raiden, Puzzle Bobble, Bowling etc) and also love watching friends freak out when they realise it's not just Galaga, but a machine that has ALL of the games they used to play back in the day. I also love when it visiting folks realise how HARD and unforgiving some of the earlier games are - no "continue" options, just get good at the game.

Cheers,

Jaso

post-71578-0-28673000-1455693371_thumb.j

Greetings from sunny(!) England,

thank you for your hard work, The videos look great on Launchbox. Currently building a big collection of classic games from all the consoles i have played in my life and arcade units, then hope to build a MAME cabinet.

Cheers

:)

Hi guys, joined today am here through the lovely journey of emulating through SimplyAustins youtube tutorials.. they have taught me a hell of a lot (I knew nothing of emulating before hand) and am now in build of my retro console (R.E.S)... this whole community is awesome and i just want to say a huge thank you to everyone thats been involved in my learning process :) Ta Muchly!!2zewaix.jpg

• Like 1

Great to hear that guys.  This is a awesome scene to be in although once your in you are hooked.  Glad that my vids helped you all out and gave you a taste as to what is on offer and what can be done along with how to do it.  Lots more to  come :D  There are loads of people out there though doing stuff behind the scenes that make it all possible, I hope one day to give them more recognition :D

As for that work Cellsius, its epic!  Make sure you share more of the art as I am very interested into what you have cooking there :D  Looks as if the Padawan has become the Master ;)

• Like 1

Hi guys. Richard here, new member. I run a local hobby-business on the east coast of Canada that restores and rents arcade machines - got about a dozen of them now, 8 on location. 

I recently acquired an older desktop, and am building a personal rig running Hyperspin with Mame and RetroArch. It's got lighted buttons, fight sticks, and is built into a cool old cabinet. I'm currently nabbing the last few MAME videos I need, and setting up my KADE USB Control Boards to map buttons. Hoping to have it altogether and built in the next week. :)

post-72328-0-08343600-1456403695_thumb.j

Hello EmuMovies!  I'm finally posting my "Hello World" message.

I grew up with a good number of these systems, but many moves and housing changes have meant that a lot of my old hardware has been lost, broken, or is otherwise gone.  So, emulation lets me relive tons of memories without having all my old hardware.

Thanks to everyone who makes this community possible.  I'll do my part as well!!

• 2 weeks later...

My name is John.  I've been in the Army for 20 years and I was in the Delta Dawgpound so I was known as PernDawg for a few years.  I nerded that to P3rnD@wg on my name tapes for Iraq and it was a conversation starter for other computer enthusiasts.  I hope that I don't upset anyone here in the first few hours as I try to make 50 posts to save a bit of money.  Once I learn this HyperSpin / EmuMovies process, I hope to help others.  I plan to put a signature on my posts after I get a little time.  If you know where the rules are for the signature please share it with me.

• Like 1

Pleasure to meet mate :D  I was Army too until last year, although 12 and a half years for me. I was LEWT and I loved it, but now its all coffee and cakes for me mmmmmm :D

HyperSpin is a bit daunting at first as it doesnt make sense off the bat.  But once you got the main bit setup and working, added a few systems it just clicks and before you know it, you will be pro.  Let me know if you get stuck mate, happy to help whenever I can :D

You are a seriously great person Austin.  I'm surprised you have so much time to help everyone.  You are really an asset to this community I mean it!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hola, my name is Nic.  Just started getting into emulation about a week ago, so I'm still a bit green, but I work in IT so I have at least a bit of a head start.  I'm currently messing with HyperSpin and also building myself a cocktail arcade machine with a hopefully Jamma 60-1/HyperSpin PC combo.  :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NSimmons151 said:

Hola, my name is Nic.  Just started getting into emulation about a week ago, so I'm still a bit green, but I work in IT so I have at least a bit of a head start.  I'm currently messing with HyperSpin and also building myself a cocktail arcade machine with a hopefully Jamma 60-1/HyperSpin PC combo.  :)

Share your build here http://emumovies.com/gallery/

Would love to see it

Hi, my name is Jake and I'm from Vancouver, Canada.  I've supported this site way back in 2008 but it appears that my FTP information doesn't work anymore :)  I'm currently setting up a LaunchBox system and hopefully a cabinet in the future!  

hi i'm Jay from Hessle in Yorkshire, England

I am using Rom Collection Browser on Kodi for my frontend on my Gaming HTPC

i'm currently building up the rom database.

I mainly play mame or Amiga emulation or PC Windows Games.