All Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hi Folks,

I just joined the forum. I am 36 soon to be 37 and I like to take on unusual projects. About 6 years ago I built my first custom MAME Arcade machine but I built it within my home theater room and I could not get it out of the room when we moved from Maryland to Georgia.... :) Anyway, I just acquired a Marvel SuperHeroes Cabinet that looks like it started life as a Midway Arch Rivals. I replaced the 19" monitor with a 29" Mitsubishi monitor and I am installing the guts of an AMD 3800+ pc with 4GB Ram and about 300GB of drive space. This will run XP and I am still deciding on a frontend but am leaning towards either Hyperspin or Maximus Arcade. This will not only run MAME, but CPS1, CPS2, NEO Geo, Nintendo 64, SNES and Atari Jaguar games. I am excited about this rebuild and am looking forward to using some of the cool flv snaps this site is providing.

Thanks,

Dan

post-4511-127678548551_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I'm falconpage from France.

I'm currently repair an old arcade machine : a René Pierre one (french made).

borne1i.jpg

Using a JammASD my PC become the PCB of the cab : i'm working now with the front-end HyperSpin to add a perfect access to my old games !

I think i'll meet here arcade lovers !

Hi, my name's Seith and i'm from Canada. I found out about emumovies.com through the BYOAC forums, and I just wanted to say that this is a great project the team here has going. I just purchased a month's subscription to try it out!

Hi!

My name is Oscar, im from Argentina, im a big fan of mame, i discovered this whole world today so i hope to learn all about this project =)

My name is Dave and I like long walks on the beach and ice cream. I love emulation. I am working on a site right now calledretro-replay.com and it will be mint some day I promise! I was working on some hyperspin side projects and just found out that all of the HQ videos I made for the Arcadia 2001 were being uploaded here! So I can at least sign up and say whats up! Hyperspin is a great front end, and the community of users that make the emulation movies that show up here rock as well. You guys keep up the good work! I plan on getting a membership here soon!

My name is Dave and I like long walks on the beach and ice cream. I love emulation. I am working on a site right now calledretro-replay.com and it will be mint some day I promise! I was working on some hyperspin side projects and just found out that all of the HQ videos I made for the Arcadia 2001 were being uploaded here to be sold! So I can at least sign up and say whats up! Hyperspin is a great front end, and the community of users that make the emulation movies that show up here rock as well. You guys keep up the good work! I plan on getting a membership here soon!

They are on the FTP and should hit the downloads section soon, since your the creator, check your status :) I think I got all the edits done for Jochitko on those, also check your PM.

Plus I like your site man, great job!

Hi Everybody !

My name is Oliver and i'm from Montreal Canada.

Videogames are a big part of my life, same thing with music and movies. The retrogaming world is making me very happy because I can go back to these so precious moments... You know... Those moments we all shared in front of a TV screen, smashing buttons and forcing joysticks !

I'm 35 so I was like 4 or 5 when my cousin's Atari 2600 hit me like a truck ! I was so amazed to see these big blocky sprites moving in the TV ! And I was controlling them !

But the thruth is that my parents were not very rich and they were taking care of 4 kids so it's a lot of expenses. I ain't complaining ! I was lucky because I had a lot of cousins and friends with a video game console or a computer at their home. So with the time I was rapidly introduced to the Intellivision, Colecovision, the legendary C64, then the NES back in 1986. In 1987 I was graduating at my primary school and I received like 200$ from the Director as a congratulation prize because I was what they called at that time a nerd...

With that 200$, I didn't had enough to go out and buy a NES but someone at my school was trying to sell his Sega Master System... 190$ for a Master System and 3 games was a good deal in my book so in less than 30 minutes my money was gone ! WOW ! I can remember all the good times !

At 16 years old I started working in a grocery store so in one year I was able to buy a Genesis, SNES, Turbografx and an Amiga 500. All my money was spent on videogames and music albums ! I had to keep it secret because for my parents videogames were not a good match with school... Anyway, I was good at school so I was very lucky !

But the problem was that their was like so many games coming out at that time for every consoles that it was impossible to play them all ! Games were expensives and renting some of them was the only solution. At that time it was very hard to find used or preowned games.

Long story short... With the retrogaming world we can now go back and play all these games we missed or all the ones we played for days !

Thank you EmuMovies and Hyperspin ! Thank you very much to all the gaming community on these sites because their contribution is priceless !

I wan't to appologize for my bad english because I speak english, french and polish so sometimes I get the wrong word ! Sorry for that !

Hey from Ottawa!

New member, just started building my HyperSpin FE for my "Barcade" :)

It's a wall mounted LCD with two custom fight sticks that I'm building.

I'm building a few different things for my basement and I'll post pics soon.

Cheers!

Gday all.

Luke from Australia here.

bit of a newbie to arcade building, im the process of making my first ever cabinet.

could any one please point me in the correct direction to ask for help with getting MAME video snaps to work, im using Maximus Arcade FE.

but if there is an appropriate help topic ill ask more in there.

Thanks.

Hi all, I'm a new member here. I'm from North Carolina, USA. I'm relatively new to emulation/MAME, but I've already built my first cabinet.

Guest thepriest

Hey all!

I'm also a new member here i'm from the Netherlands

I've already buildt my own arcade cabinet with X-arcade tank stick (2player)

I have some experience with XML for hyperspin and i'm used to alot of emulators Mame,snes,nes,n64,c64,msdos etc.

I just passed for my examen for System Manager for IT.

If u need any help with something message me and i might be able to help u!

I'm using Hyperspin as my front end.

I also got 2 guitars for GH:World tour,GH3,GH:Aerosmith.

I'm also planning to add 2 LCD gun's for shooting games like Maddog MCcree,House of the dead etc.

And i'm adding a webcam for those "eyetoys" games.

And still planning to add Virtual pinball to my cabinet because my x-arcade has controls on the side for pinball games.

And i still need to make a theme or adding random game characters at my cabinet for the look:)

Currently awaiting a new HDD for all the video's and artwork that i'm still missing!

I would love to see some artwork/video's from MS DOS games.

I also created several PC theme's for Hyperspin

Hello Folks

i'm roger from switzerland, curently building a MAME cabinet for the fun.

Planing to use mala as frontend.

Get the idea to show video preview after watching this killer cab on youtube:

Thank to the emumovies.com team for the great work

Roger

Hi everybody

I found EmuMovies through Maximus Arcade and I'm glad I did! Everything you need for an awesome MAME machine is right here! I'd like to make the post longer but uh I have some exploring to do :dash2:

Dan

Afternoon Peeps.

Just decided to relive my youth and get into the Mame scene.

Looking at using Hyperspin and playing through my Media Centre PC hooked up to a 50" plasma. Any hints and tips greatly appeciated.

Cheers

Paul from Notts in the UK

Hello NIVO here. Just an old goat from over at Arcadecontrols.com(BYOAC) and thought I'd come over and tell Circo what a heck of a job hes done with the videos. And a hello to you all. Game On!

Guest basis

Hello all,

New user here - what a great collection. Many thanks!

Regards,

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Darren Heitman

Hiya all, Darren from Kent, UK.

Have been working on a MAME cab for a while using HyperSpin as the FE.

I am using a Wiimote as a gun input through glovepie and ppjoy.

New user here. Lonnie from Logansport, In. USA. I am building a hyperpin table and have a mame cabinet. Looking at using hyperspin for my mame cabinet and hyperpin for pinball cabinet. So far looks like a nice site. Circo is there another site for FTP? I tried to set up from directions at hyperspin but gave error. Do I need to use this boards id and password?

Thanks,

Lonnie

Hey everybody,

Long time lurker here, finally decided to get a subscription to help with this community.

Thanks to all for your hard work.

Hope to help out in what ways I can.

-Junior