All Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

New user here. Lonnie from Logansport, In. USA. I am building a hyperpin table and have a mame cabinet. Looking at using hyperspin for my mame cabinet and hyperpin for pinball cabinet. So far looks like a nice site. Circo is there another site for FTP? I tried to set up from directions at hyperspin but gave error. Do I need to use this boards id and password?

Thanks,

Lonnie

This is a completely separate site than hyperspin, for ftp access hit the subscription tab at the top of the screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

I am from Belgium and beeing around the french community of retrogaming for a while now. I am currently working on a fan-made online magazine called Retro Player (if you want to know more... http://www.abandonware-magazines.org/affiche_mag.php?mag=65&page=1)

But anyway, I'm here because I am trying to transform my HTPC into a multi-emulator machine for my kids & myself. Browsing the web to get info, I ended up here seeing your have incredible resources! And, now, I'll try to use them wisely :)

Thanks for the great and impressive job you're doing here!

RyO

Hi I just purchased GameEX and am loving MAME gaming with a very awesome frontend. I look forward to getting all my favorite retro systems running with GameEX and can share my childhood gaming experiences with my kids :)

I wish I knew about this stuff and found this site a long time ago.

I'm gonna get FTP access and start putting together a collection :rofl2:

Guest KlASH

Here i am, from Rio de Janeiro / Brazil, ready to complete my collection inside the Hyperspin, which is installed on my home arcade (a pc inside an arcade case).

At the moment, several artpacks, movies, etc are missing and i hope this community can help me :)

That's all, folks...

Guest JamminJ

Hi all! JamminJ here. I'm 44 & from the USA. Just built my control panel for my cab. Running GameEx as my front-end. Happy to have such a fine site as this.

Hey guys,

Bobbybanjo from UK here. Just started to put together my first Mame cab after wanting to do it for 10 years. Looking forward to getting things up and running :)

You will have to share some pics :)

Hi. I usually don't post on forums since whatever I say has likely been stated elsewhere.Anyhow a year ago I only thought of buillding a mame cab. Today a little over $1500 later. I've built 3.

My favorite is based on the weecade using itx board. it is a tiny bartop speed demon. The steel control panel is just too costy to have made so a wooden top was improvised. id be wiling to share plans as they are converted from metric and have the corrections made (cad showed some pieces don't fit)

my wife wants the kitchen island countertop back.

using windows7 and hyperspin as I have yet to find anything speedier.

Nothing much to say here then Hello from the Netherlands.

Been wanting to build my own Naomi arcade machine for a while.

Slowly things are progressing, got my machine, ordered parts.

All i need to do in the meantime is to get all the digital stuff in order.

Using Hyperspin in a Sega Naomi cabinet, what can a man want more ?

Since today (Day 5) we hit 100+ members I thought it would be a great time for everyone to introduce themselves. Since I still have some time to kill until I can start posting the video snaps for everyone, I thought it would help break the ice.

For starters I am Circo, hopefully most of you know me but I am the crazy fool that started this site almost 5 years ago. Take a peek at this WayBack version of EmuMovies EmuMovies July 2005 (Wayback Machine) for an idea of how far we have come so far. I have a wife that likes to get mad because I hang out in the office too much playing 2 minutes of each video game that I can get my hands on. I swear this project has made me ADD! gamer.gif

I do have a day job that takes up a lot of my time, but I try to touch this site as often as possible. My favorite development over the past year are the contributers. Users like Keno, StarControl, Jochitko, etc have really helped to motivate me, it was getting hard to stay motivated, but with all of the help coming from our members it has been getting so much easier and fun to do. I think that eventually that we just may reach our goal of perfect HiQ video snap sets for every system. I will say that my favorite change to the project is the normalized audio, this has made such a huge difference in testing, and I can't wait to start rolling these out to you guys.

It is my pleasure to welcome everyone to our new forum, and I am pretty sure that this will become the hub of our site going forward. I think my EmuMovies baby is finally starting to grow up, I am so proud I could cry! shout.gif

Enough about me, let's hear from you guys, welcome to EmuMovies.com!

Hey everyone,

I started with arcades when ebay did not exist; back then I was fascinated with the idea to combine cabinets with other consoles making it possible to play arcade conversions for 50 bucks instead of 500, so I placed a sega saturn into a tv ideal cabinet and restructered the cabinet and it actually worked! that was 13 years ago, now there are roms - it is unbelievable to see that e.g. the alien vs. predators rom costs nothing, as it had cost like 600 bucks back then if you were lucky to find it. this is the price for illegality i guess. I wondered why the big companies never took anyone to court. anyhow, the advantage is that arcades never die now. I remember some neighbour of mine accidentally threw away an old box, which unknown to him contained amongst others an original golden axe 2 pcb , a gem, a treasure. it was gone and I cried for i thought such a fascinating thing will never return to earth. now i see it has, thank god!

regards

don :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greets to everyone,

The name is RyteByte. Built a basic MAME system a few years ago from a Kung-Fu cabinet and an old PC. Cab is upstairs, we're mostly down. Wife won't let me bring it downstairs. Attacked the HTPC hooked up to our 46 inch LCD flat panel. Found out about GameEx, then EmuMovies. And here I am! I'll probably have noob-type questions about various things, so please be patient with me. As I said I've been out of the arcade emu scene for several years. Age? Aw it's all in the attitude - but I'm 43 earth years and counting...

-Tom

Hi there everyone !

I have been playing/collecting emulation for the last ten years and have had a mame cab in the past ,my new project is a pretty powerful laptop with hdmi and an xbox 360 wireless controller for all my oldschool gaming needs as well as newer stuff like psx and sega saturn ,i have never collected snaps/vids/manuals and so on before and when i saw hyperspin on youtube when looking for a frontend for my setup it looked too good to pass up.

cheers

Paddy

So Cal Ryder present and accounted for Sir! I'm from... So Cal? Yup San Diego to be exact.

I'm a Pisces, i like long walks on the beach. I'm looking for a man... wait wrong forum. ;)

Just got back into my cab when i saw someone with an LCD Marquee on YT that got me all eager to improve my cab. Simple 2P set-up with HS in a SFII cab. That's how i got here.

I'm a sales guy now but looking to get into IT. Just starting my classes now so any feedback etc would be appreciated. NOt sure what I'm interested in. I have friends in every aspect of IT/IS. I do have an interest in learning to write stuff for my cab and the community to help keep this crazy "sport" going I would be happy to do and help shoulder the burden. I'm married and have a daughter in college. So that means I am broke (and I close my eyes when those GGW ads come on TV). But I still scour CL & Ebay for more things to add to my WIP cab.

Seacrest out!