Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hoy, My name is Naota. I am a 16 year Old Male who loves old school arcade games as well as computers, Computer networking, video games and Anime. I love this site and became a Lifetime Member to help me with my arcade Cabinet projects.

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, but an old timer to the hobby. I've gown up with all the great classics as a child, but thanks to emulation I can relive the past any time I want! I've been using MAME since 97' or 98' its been a great 14+ years of enjoying the classics. Thanks to EmuMovies and it's contributers I can now beautify my Hyperspin FE with HQ movies. It's a pleasure to be apart of this community.

-Megabyte417

Hello,

I'm Kevin, a graduate student at UC San Diego. A few friends and I built a cabinet for our grad student lounge. Just found Hyperspin, which refers people here for videos, so here I am.

Big thanks to the people who put these frontends together and make the artwork, videos, etc!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a happy married 27 year old gamer with a wonder son.

I spend a fair amount of time playing retro games, now getting into hyperspin and like all the artwork.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm BarMac, originally from Underground-gamer, working on HyperSpin Project 2.0!

A crazy brazilian guy, i have monkey puppet and i live on top of tree and i have a cave too :banana:

Just kinding!!!! i like to play games (like most of you) and ride motorcicle every sunny day

Best Regards

post-18304-0-51075200-1331550459_thumb.j

Howdy EM,

I’m a Rhode Islander living in Texas with our family of 4. We’re a long way from home but really like it here.

I just joined up to finish out my cabs Hyperspin convert. I ran GameEx for a few years but really like HS more. I’ll be joining up to run ftp but want to try some dl of game art and see how big this project is going to be first.

Started this journey a few years back when our son wanted to know what video games were like when I was a kid. Playing arcade games in pizza parlors back in the day was great! My brother & I hacked around on a Atari 800 and had a blast playing the classics using bulletin boards to get games. Pre-internet for the old schoolers.

I've got an old Street Fighter cab converted to Mame and console play. I also made a sitdown Pole Position converted cab to play Mame. PP, Out Run, Super Sprint, Tempest... it's pretty awesome. It even has an old school Alpine deck that plays CDs!

I have another cab I'm building with the mother load Gateway Destination 36 monitor. It's a beast but looks great running Mame and the themes in HS. I'm going to make a custom showcase/ pedestal cab.

I'm a graphic designer that’s worked in tv for quite some time. I‘ll be posting some artwork on the HS ftp soon. I did some really cool video pinball artwork for Dazz and he'll have his Twilight Machine on display at the Texas Pinball Convention later this month. I'll post some pics after the event.

Thanks to Circo for making this a great website and sharing the wealth amongst the fanatics!

All the best!

Josh

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi my names ronnie i am from the durham city area in the uk not far from durham cathedral, love emulation

arcade machines ,jukebox creating made a couple in the past use hyperspin at moment have not got arcade

machine yet will attempt to build one sometime :sorcerer:

Hi, I am Chris and like coconutbowling I'm planning to build a MAME Arcade Cabinet. Unfortunately I don't have woodworking skills so far. So it's a long way to build this thing ;)

This great site definitley helps me with my project and I'm glad to be here!

Hello All,

Name's Paul from Southern California. Just started building myself a MAME cabinet and realize what cool videos are out of this site.

Thanks Emumovies for great videos.

My name is Alain.I love gaming and iv'e been working on my Mame trying to perfect it and i'm very happy i found Hyperspin and Emumovies.It is amazing to me what Circo and the fellows at Hyperspin have done for the Mame world.I'm glad to be a member and will always support it.

Long time viewer, First time writer :P

Found this site via Underground-Gamer. Been working on perfecting my Mame cabinet for the past year or so. Using Maximus arcade at the minute, just prettying things up with screenshots and videos :)

Pics of my cabinet are here :

Hi, I live in Germany, I'm just trying to make my daughter an arcade cabinet. I think the stuff you offer will provide the finishing touches it will need. Thanks for being here.

Hi, my name is Remon. I've been building on my mame cab for about 3 years now of and on!! When i grew up i was always fascinated by arcade machine's and especially the midway mortal kombat one! I've build one now from scratch and houses a 24 inch SCART tv! Thank god i live in Europe! Arcade monitors are very hard if not impossible to come by here. It Just needed that little bit of extra and thanks to hyperspin and emumovies it's becoming a better dream come true every day!!! Thanks to everybody who made my childhood dreams come true !-)

post-17879-0-75443300-1333204719_thumb.j

post-17879-0-04026400-1333204782_thumb.j

Hello I put a pc in an old stv die hard cabinet about 7 years ago. It was a slow pc and only ran mame32. Now I have a better, but not great, pc running mala, and in the process of adding my 6th emulator. I am still adding snaps, box art and filtering through the games I don't like. It is fun and takesa lot of my free time. But my kids will like it when it's done.

Hey, I'm Matt from Houston

I've been wanting to setup Hyperspin for a while now and the day I finally decide to do it the site's down! So that's how I found this place.

I'm pretty computer illiterate so I'm gonna need some help. I had to take a C++ class for my major and that just about killed me...lol.

Whats up! Every one can refer to me as Nizzo if they like. I ran into some demos of hyperspin/mame online and got bit by the "bug". Ive screwed around with mame since back in the day but didn't like the oem layout.

In a week I have fixed alot of Bugs and got hyperspin to work/look and act like I want it to, but still am running into conflicts I cant figure out yet. (like pj64 works fine outside hyper but inside wont load roms and gives me a error.) Heard that I need 1.7 beta.....dunno thought. It doesnt help that hyperspin is down for website construction...

Anyway, I am considering becoming a lifetime supporting member, just making sure everything here is legit... Looking foward to meeting everyone!

Hello

I have always wanted an arcade of my own but saw how much they sell for and figured I would give a go at building it myself

Now I have my first podium system with hyperspin and 15 or so systems on it (few not working yet dont know why)

Then I found this site on the hyperspin site when I went to look for help and here I am

I am very new at this only a few months in so I may ask a dumb question now and then