Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hi everyone,

My name is Jake and I am from Savannah, Georgia.I am upgrading my Mame cabinet and found this site in a Hyperspin forum. I look forward to particioatiing in this community any way I can. Thanks guys for all the work you have put it this site.

Hey all, I've been a member of the site for a couple of years now and just wanted to drop a note and say "thanks" to all you awesome people who are constantly improving the artwork and videos here. You make my sickeningly expensive hobby all the more gratifying :-)

Hello all.

I'm Daz and I'm an alcoholic ... Ups wrong forum !! :wacko3:

As well as drinking too much I'm starting on my out arcade cabinet and hope I can find help here.

I've decided to start with Mame using HyperSpin as my frontend ( I found Mala a bit tricky to set up ).

I've got an old MegaTouch Maxx upright cabinet, which I hope to convert to run both MegaTouch and Mame.

I've only just started up in emulators and I'm having to learn fast, but I think it will be worth my efforts.

Thanks for your time and hope I can one-day help others.

Remember .... Life is a game - Play to win. :gamer:

Hello, everyone! I'm Josh from Kentucky. Graphic designer by day, wannabe comic artist by night.

I've always loved Mame and console emulation and have wanted to build my own cabinet for years. I managed to get a mostly intact MK cab for free (with a Street Fighter 2 control panel...weird) and finally got my buttons and sticks a few weeks back. One CRT, old PC, and ipac later and im up and running! Currently using Maximus Arcade (runs well, love it, but lack of future updates sucks!) and may try Hyperspin (saw it running in videos and on a Mame cab at Kart Kountry near Lousiville, KY).

Plan on building my own cab in the next year or two (created and dimensioned the plans myself a few years ago, based on Neon Mame). Just wanted to have an existing cab to see how the pieces were assembled in case my plans need tweaking. It might look great on paper, but may require reworking in Meatspace.

When that happens, I may turn the MK cab into a dedicated MK9 cabinet with an Xbox inside.

Finally decided to join the forum and plan on becoming a supporting member soon! I want to thank Circo and everyone else here for all their hard work!

hi to all who have just joined this site if ya need any help just ask and i will try and point you in the right direction...also Pyre you might wanna google badboy bills mk9 cab also i think there are some pictures over at hyperspin.WELL HOPE TO SEE YA ALL IN THE CHAT... :bunny:

Hi,

I'm basically a honest person, so I will come right out with it: I only joined because of the lovely downloads I want to use for my Emulation setup. But never say never: maybe you will see more of me :D

Cheers from Austria, DS

From Peoria , Arizona, USA working on my third arcade machine he last one I built over 8 years ago. man have things changed since then its a litle bit more involved to build but better end product.

Howdy Everyone! Looks like a fantastic site- many thanks for having all this great content available! I'm working on a cabinet running OS X and using AdvanceMame and Advance Menu- the snap shots will finish thing up quite nicely!

Guest Kamekjay

Hi everyone I'm Giacomo and i'm from Italy, i decided to build a mamecab and i hope here i'll find all what i need to complete my project! BYE!!!

Hello, I'm Carlos, from Brazil, and back in 2001 I developed a Mame arcade cabinet using RedHat Linux and AdvanceMAME, those were the days, and I had to make videos for *ALL* the games for that machine using AdvanceMenu's built in video capture. It was a royal pain in the neck, and I never attempted to do anything like that ever since.

Now I got the itch to make a new cabinet so the kids can enjoy old games (and not actually destroy the flimsy videogame controllers), and I was back in love when I saw hyperspin coupled with emumovies.

So, for now, thank you, thank you all for your efforts, I can surely appreciate the hard work since I've done it myself 11 years ago.

Carlos

Just thought I would say Hello,

Just starting up my next project, First project was what turned out to be a really slick HTPC setup for the house, Now i'm going to start working on a full cabinet arcade system. Mostly because i really don't care a whole lot for games now days. I still greatly prefer the older NES games and have a huge collection of them.

So for my love of the retro game systems and my research into figuring out what i wanted brought me to this site for some artwork goodness. Currently i'm only working on the software end for my arcade setup, while saving to figure out what i want to do with the cabinet. Have a lot of good ideas, but it's going to be costly for what i want.

Anyhow thanks to all the artists and the community for bringing this site together!

Hi,

I'm Stuart... After 2 years of toying with the Idea of building a MAME cabinet ( and not having enough room ) I've finally managed to complete it.. bar the marquee and monitor bezel.

I'm currently using MameWah, but having seen Hyperspin and i'm intent on getting it up and running.

Would be interested to hear what set ups people have with regard to graphics and monitors.

I'm currently using a CRT TV with SVideo which seems to give good results.

Are thinking about a PC Monitor with ArcadeVGA, but don't know if its worth it.

All the best