Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hi all I was a member on the old Emumovies site. My name is Chris and I have been out of the loop for a few years but have recently gotten back into gaming. I am like many users using the Hyperspin FE. I have a pc dedicated for this. I do not have room for a cab but I have a fractal node 605 case which looks nice in my media rack. I am in the setup stage and want to thanks everyone upfront for the future help!! 

Thanks again.

Chris

Hi - I am a Mame user and I will be using HyperSync to set up my environment. Looking forward to figuring this stuff out and getting my first cab working with hyperspin & emumovies.

What's up everybody. New user here. I'm in the process of checking "Build My Own MAME Cabinet" off my bucket list (going with the bartop Weecade style for now). I've already ordered the control parts & I'm currently looking for a cheap computer off Craigslist.

My frontend will be Hyperspin & I've recently become a supporter of Emumovies. Right now I'm stuck at trying to get HyperSync to work, but for some reason I keep getting this "Could not verify account information" error when I enter my account info for the Emumovies login. Maybe someone could help me get past this roadblock.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here & I look forward to learning from you all.

whats up fellow arcade enthusiast, ive just gooten interested in building a mame cabinet. ive become a supporting member and am having trouble logging into account under hyperspin. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Hi all, I am Rupes, and I am from Sydney Australia.

I started working on my Mame cab 2 years ago, then stopped due to work commitments.

Back into it now, and I am close to putting the pieces together and ordering all of my joysticks, buttons etc.

On the computer side, I am updating all of my files, so I will be ready to slot it in when the cab is done.

Cheers,

Rupes

Hello all,  My name is Steve and I have been messing with MAME for along time now and decided to start working on a new computer for a cabinet.  I have decided to go with Hyperspin as it seems to have the best support.  I am now at a point where I want to "eye candy" up the system with videos and hyperspin lead me to here.  I can't wait to get this thing all finished. :bow:

Hi the name is Al

Ya it sounds like i am not the only big kid out here that has more than $10 in quaters in his pocket.Now it is no less than $1000 in the pocket to get one of these cabinets going.

I started, and now have completed a hyperspin arcade cabinet and got hooked big time. Now i am into a Hyperpin pinball cabinet.

I am humbled by the knowlegde that you guys have regarding these things. It is amazing what you have accomplished and i say a big THANK YOU to all who have made it possible for me. The forums are great reading material.

To take my cabinets over the top for me and my family the art and videos are fabulous!!

Thanks again.

Hello,

My name is Anthony, been into emu for quite some time off and on since working taken up my time. Now I'm looking into wanting to build my own cab and even my oldest son like all the old skool arcade better.

Hi, Im James. Ive been into emulators and such for ages and decided to build my own arcade cabinet, Decided Emumovies and Hyperspin was the best way to go for a front loader and art/videos/etc

Hello Everyone,

My name is Eric, I live in Illinois and have been working on building my own Mame Cab for about 5 years now. Have owned 4 arcade machines 

(3 Wonders, Atari Road Blasters, Gals Panic 2 & Contra) but had to part with them when I had to move, so I recently purchased a worn out old Rampage Cab for about $100. This Cab was converted into a World Class Bowling Cab. Worked great the first time I brought it home, then about  6 months later the 25" 15 khz monitor died (could be a fuse) and Isolation Transformer old as a dinosaur buzzed so loud you think arc's of electricity would fly out. So the original burned out guts are in my basement for repairs. I might use it for testing game boards, Still Have (World Class Bowling) if i can get it running again. I decided to go modern and upgrade my Cab to a Mame Machine wasting no time to spend $1500 on parts, i have replaced monitor with a 26" Led Hd Lcd Hdmi/Dvi display, The computer system is a  Newegg custom : Acrylic see thru logisys case with 3 replaced Enermax Vegas Duo Led 80mm case fans (which also put 2 120mm ones in speaker grills for looks and cooling) Asus M5A99X Motherboard, 32 Gb DDR3 Corsair Vengence memory, Amd Fx Vishera 6300 unlocked and overclocked to 4.1 ghz processor, 1 TB Western Digital Harddrive, And to give my Mame Cab It's graphical glory a Asus HD 7950 3GB overclocked 900mhz GPU. The Cab also has a built in Bill Acceptor that I think was hooked up to 110v line, When I put a dollar in it clicked the coin switch 4 times so adapting to the Ipac should be no problem.

kept the original light fixture for the marquee but also installed 2 ceramic light sockets to use compact florecent bulbs under the wooden monitor tray to light up the computer area on lower part of Cab, The computer is held in place by a grey metal bracket bolted to Cab with strong tiedown strap (my brother gave me his old computer desk bracket, his case did not fit it) Also Purchaced a black USB 3 " Trackball and 12 black player buttons six each, 2 pinball side buttons  for pinball action, First & Second player start buttons and 2 8 way joysticks, the Controll panel is most likely going to have to be remade.The sound for the Arcade because I replaced the speakers in the cab with lighted fans, Have a USB to 5.1 surround sound adaptor hooked to it instead of mono or stereo only if i want those I just turn off my bass speaker and put it in mono or stereo mode on the exturnal Amp. The monitor also has the Hdmi hook up so i threw my Xbox 360 in there to see how it looks , Well not bad :) You may ask why I Spent so much money on a computer system for mame? The Answer is it's also my Personal Computer .. Routed a spare monitor keyboard and mouse to my desk so the ARCADE could programmed\setup from my Desk ! , I just told Windows to have two accounts : (Arcade System) and (Eric). This is a never ending work in progress so any ideas are welcome. if you would like to see videos of the Cab goto my youtube @ user : darkthcrevolution.

Thanks for Reading, Laters :)