Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hey everyone, another new user here... Just getting to the point in my build where where I need the computer done, so I've started getting all the software together.  I love the look of Hyperspin and donated there to get Hypersync, only to learn that an account on Emumovies is highly recommended... Yay, another forum to try and be active on.

Here's some quick info on my build.  I plan to do a full build post over on BYOAC, eventually :-)

Cabinet dimensions: 84" tall, 31" wide, and a nice petite 19" deep.  The cabinet itself is only 12" deep, but the top and CP stick out another 7".

Artwork: custom created and soon to be printed by GameOnGrafix

CP design: 2 player + trackball.

Joysticks: Ultimarc Magstik plus

buttons: standard ultimarc translucent buttons, 8 per player

Encoder: 2x ZD encoder

Screen: Dell 2001FP -  20" IPS LCD removed from shell

Computer: Custom built and ugly as hell, lol

Motherboard: Asus P5E-VM HDMI

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 11x333=3.66ghz (chosen to allow SpeedStep to function)

Cooling: Antec Kuhler Shelf

Memory: 4GB PC2-1000

Video Card: Radeon 4850

Storage: 2x Seagate Enterprise Series 7200RPM 250GB in RAID 0

PSU: HEC 580w

Intended emulation:

SNES

NES

MAME

Atari

Genesis

MANY OTHERS

thanks for looking!

New member, JD! 

Great site, lots of content...hoping to be here a while! :)

I've got a custom cabinet, running it on a laptop at the mo but will be putting a proper pc rig in there at some point...gonna need a few TB's of drive space with all the media at this rate.

I'm an old school gamer so use the cab mainly for some of the older arcade games (kung fu, green beret, street fighter 2 etc).

Hoping to get a few other systems set up on the hyperspin front end; NES, Master system, Megadrive, SNES and a few psx games as well.

Cheers!

Hey!  I'm Ty, I'm making a nice setup for my home theater in my dorm to easily access my games and emulators.  GameEX had an option for this and I thought EmuMovies would be a great idea!  I already set up my iPhone to activate GameEx with a single touch of a button!  If anyone knows if GameEx has native support for XInput, let me know!  

...So here I am, I may donate... Once I get the money.  Cheers!!  :drinks:

Hi. I'm Vasco and I'm building an hyperspin (mame, snes, genesis, etc) collection that is small, easy to browse and with great fun games. I'm using online reviews and my own experience to do it. I'm hoping EmuMovies provides me with video snaps for that collection. 

Hello all getting luxx here getting into trouble with wife building a mame cab for the new game room .

Hope she's got a lot of patience and understanding, can be a real time sink! :teehee:

Hi All.

Setting up my old laptop as my new retro gaming station. Having lots of fun getting to know the systems but if anyone has any tips or short cuts that have helped them I'd be happy to hear them.

hi all

i've been using emulators on & of for a number of years now (i even remember seeing some of circos work when he first started) usually when i get in the mood to play some of my favourite oldies.

Just started messing about with Hyperspin (wow gets really adictive trying to set up a perfect system) and your movies really bring a great front end to life, great work Circo and all the staff who contribute to this great project :bow:

Hi folks, i'm Slippen from Germany. Got 2 Cabinets. One Vertical with 60in1 and one Horizontal with MAME. At Saturday i bought a Starship Troopers Pinball too... Yess im addicted to Games .....

Hi all,

My name is Jan.   I'm South African and starting my gaming career (ahem) on a Spectrum 48K.  I also used the NES a lot and got really interested in emulation (on and off) about 15 years ago.  I'm really keen on setting up a beautiful Hyperspin system with movies for all the systems that I possibly can.  I might even play a game once or twice (I seem to be a collector/hoarder/organizer more than a gamer at this stage).  During the day I do network training for Cisco equipment, which doesn't always leave me with as much free time as I'd like.

I've purchased a year membership of emumovies already and am considering getting one at Hyperspin too.  The experience I have with a prebuild system is very positive, but I'd like to have better movieclips and art, which is why I joined this site.

I plan on starting to set up my Hyperspin system tonight (pretty much from scratch) as an experience builder and I'm sure I will have tons of questions soon.  The main one I have for now is if there's software for automatically downloading and renaming your movies and synchronizing it with your Hyperspin build.  I believe Hyperspin has something like this, but I'm not sure.

So, to learn and to build! 

Jan

PS I'm not really building a cabinet, even though that'll be cool.  The wife would disown me as we don't really have space in the house.

Hello, Just discovered this site through the Hyperspin Front End. I have been wanting to build a cabinet for a long time and the day is finally here. I have collected all the necessary files to play the games I want on the cabinet now, I really want to make the cabinet special with the videos from this site. Once I can get everything up and running with no glitches I will likely subscribe to make life easier.

Hi my name is Steve i have built an awesome arcade from mame, and mamewah, i worked on it for about a month. And i finally have everything working on it, i built a mame arcade, and a n64 out of mamewah. All arcade game works just right and video snaps, it took a min. to figure out the settings or command lines to put in. I'm just greatful that emumovies exist. because the video snaps just look so much more better that the plain old snaps.

Just let you now i tryed all the frontends out there mamewah is the best one to use, it's so much more flexable, it just require's you to put in commandlines if you learn how to put in the commands for it, it works great, and i'm new at this too, it just took a lot of reading from different people apply different setting to make this work. but once you get it once then it is set. mamewah will play any program game out there the will go on a pc. even just load straight into one game. if any one need's a commandline to make it work just let me know.

There are no signs at all of windows when it is running , when it starts, or shuts down,

If you have any questions just ask.

I attached my mamewah file's for the arcade and the n64, if you would like to place the video snaps

Mamewah files for mame & N64.zip

I plan on starting to set up my Hyperspin system tonight (pretty much from scratch) as an experience builder and I'm sure I will have tons of questions soon.  The main one I have for now is if there's software for automatically downloading and renaming your movies and synchronizing it with your Hyperspin build.  I believe Hyperspin has something like this, but I'm not sure.

Not sure about renaming the movies, but hypersync will keep your files up to date. You need to be a platinum member to use this though.

Hi my name is Steve i have built an awesome arcade from mame, and mamewah, i worked on it for about a month. And i finally have everything working on it, i built a mame arcade, and a n64 out of mamewah. All arcade game works just right and video snaps, it took a min. to figure out the settings or command lines to put in. I'm just greatful that emumovies exist. because the video snaps just look so much more better that the plain old snaps.

Just let you now i tryed all the frontends out there mamewah is the best one to use, it's so much more flexable, it just require's you to put in commandlines if you learn how to put in the commands for it, it works great, and i'm new at this too, it just took a lot of reading from different people apply different setting to make this work. but once you get it once then it is set. mamewah will play any program game out there the will go on a pc. even just load straight into one game. if any one need's a commandline to make it work just let me know.

There are no signs at all of windows when it is running , when it starts, or shuts down,

If you have any questions just ask.

I attached my mamewah file's for the arcade and the n64, if you would like to place the video snaps

Hey Steve,

Just curious what you've done about the N64 controls for your cab, are you using an xbox controller or something similar?

I have been trying to cancel this account since September and they keep charging me 5 dollars a month to renew the account I do not use.  i cannot find anything oin this site where I an cancel my account and support has not responded since they refunded the money the first time they renewed it back in November.  Anyone thinking abnout using this site beware. I have opened a dispute with paypal since no one from support wants to help resolve my issue.

Thanks a lot

hey everyone my name is dan. im new to the emulator world. im building my hyperspin setup now and its taking a while to get the databases set up with the roms i have. id like to build a cabinet when this is all said and done. not sure if the wife will leave me or not but its gotta get done. im starting out with a pc to my tv and a couple joytick controllers. im hoping to have my cab up and running in the next year with a fish tank as the marquee. i love the old arcade games from when i was growing up and would love for my kids to enjoy them as much as i did.

I have been trying to cancel this account since September and they keep charging me 5 dollars a month to renew the account I do not use.  i cannot find anything oin this site where I an cancel my account and support has not responded since they refunded the money the first time they renewed it back in November.  Anyone thinking abnout using this site beware. I have opened a dispute with paypal since no one from support wants to help resolve my issue.

Thanks a lot

A shame to hear you're having probs with cancelling your payment, admins house move and lack of internet connection might explain lack of communication.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.

with a fish tank as the marquee

Awesome idea! :) Sounds a bit tricky though and not sure how happy the fish would be if you're anything like me and get a bit carried away with the joystick rattling! ;)