All Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hi All,

my name is Michiel, i'm from the Netherlands. I got hooked on arcades during my vacations to the US when i was little. I remamber going to the mall and playing TMNT and stuff like that. Awesome.

We don't realy have arcades over here like they do in the states so everybody was very suprised when I started my project. Why on earth do you wanne build that? MAME what? I'm currently finishing off my first MAME cab (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101687.0)

After finaly taking the step from MALA to Hyperspin last week i decided, what better time to join EmuMovies.

So here i am! let the games begin.

What's up yo? I've been messing around with emu's for a while now, and consider myself a mid level user, since I still have issues trying to configure new emu's and especially front ends. I'm into classic 80's arcades and street fighter games mostly. Bye!

Hi.

My name is Alex. I'm 38 and live in Toronto, Canada. I joined a few weeks ago while I was building my cabinet. It's done now, so I figured i'd do my introduction to the forum.

I'm running the GameEx front-end with the high quality avi's from EmuMovies.

I built my cabinet from scratch using plywood. I wanted to keep the wooden look, so I made sure my joystick mounts were done from the bottom. I sanded, stained and varnished it and I think it turned out really well. I'm a programmer, not a carpenter or woodworker. This was my first attempt at something like this. -I guess all those Sunday afternoons watching "This Old House" and "The New Yankee Workshop" on PBS as a kid finally paid off :)

post-6431-128622753099_thumb.jpg

More details and pics here, if you are interested : http://lxicon.com/mame/

Sup yall i just joined can someone tell me how to convert these avi previews to xmb so i can play them

i'm not sure what format XMB is. are you referring to the playstation 3 cross media bar? these avi files should play on a PS3, but i doubt that's what you meant.

if you can't play the avi files on your PC, then you might be missing the correct video codecs. i would suggest you install VLC : http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC comes with almost every video codec you could need built in, and it's great open source video player.

some mame front-ends (like GameEx) suggest installing FFDShow to allow your PC (or cabinet) to display the video files with the least amount of CPU resources http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow/

if you need to convert the files for some reason, try format factory or the built-in coversions in VLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is George. In the 80's I use to fix the classic arcade machines. I love having MAME so I can relive the good old days. I came to EmuMovies hoping to find just a few attract videos for my 3d Arcade. Is that possible or do I need to download a giant file with all the videos?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

I am new to the emulation world and I am still learning the ropes. I am quite thrilled to be here. I was amazed when I found this site! Great work to all who work and help out!

Paskoe.

Guest ufo8mycow

Hi all. My name is Corey and I setup my mame cab about a year ago with a very basic mamewah FE and now I am starting all over again but I want to make it really look great so I am going to be using hyperspin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,

Let me splain something to you. For I am ]{eyser Soze aka (+_+).

All kidding aside. I have been addicted to the scene evey since a friend of mine introduced me to the Mame emulator around 8 years ago.

Good to be here enjoying all of Circo and Co's hard work. Thank-You very much !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi i would just liek to introduce myself my name is Dave i am 38 years old and live in Cornwall, UK

I have been into gaming since the days of the Atari 2600 and Philips G7000 but my fav all time games machine is the C64

I converted a jamma cab around 5 years ago but had to be sold due to lack of space,after recently watching King of Kong i have that arcade bug again and seeing as most of the local arcades have either closed or moved to mainly fruit machines the best idea was using mame again

Currently using a Scorpion XG controller with my laptop but will build a cab soon to house a pc,monitor and the controller.

Its nice to show my sons what real gaming is :)

Hey folks.. satchman2000 from Scotland here!

Im a big fan of retro gaming, and have about 18 consoles, from 1977 up to 2011!

I have aspirations of building a MAME cab, but my problem is I want too many control schemes to fit on one panel!

anyhoo, just thought I'd say hello.. if you'd like to know anything more, drop me a line!

cheers

Dave

Hey Everyone,

Kevin from Clayton NC here.

I remember getting a 10 dollar roll of quarter and hitting up the Pavillion @ Myrtle Beach every weekend as a kid. Those were good days in my life.

Love the Mame scene. Hopefully will be building a small VP machine this year...using a 19" for back splash, and a 26 inch for the playing field.

I have a 4 player LED Control Panel, and I'm using a 42" Plasma as my monitor with a pretty beefy PC.

I have two small children, so I don't get to play a lot anymore....but I guess that comes with the territory.

Glad to meet everyone

Kevin_lane

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I love retro gaming and this site is just what I was looking for! I love primarily C64, the 8 and 16 bit console era, but I still play my well assorted collection of PSX games. Thank you for your work, I will contribute as soon as I can! See you in the forum!

G'day all!!

As you've guessed im from Australia and the name is little confusing so i'll let ya's all know it's pronounced swank-sta lol. But my real name is Shaun, im 22 and have been hooked on games since i was a kid.Not much has changed since playing MK on my Mega Drive, i still love games hence i work at a game shop. I've recently built my own arcade cabinet and have set it up with the Hyperspin FE, i'm not a real whiz when it comes to editing and what not but where ever i can help i will. Hope to chat yo you all soon!

Cheers,

Shaun.

Hello everybody, I live in Paris.

Emumovies I found on You Tube is great. I have an Egret II with PC / Mame and I plan to shine a little sister to Mini Cab to win a vacation. Your community is going to be very useful for me, thank you.

Zamak

Hi all,

My name is Dale, im 34, I live in Australia and am currently building a mame cab, Found this site throught maximus arcade and had a look at some snaps on a cab on youtube and am hooked.

I Can't wait to finish my cab.

Catch you all later

Cheers,

Scutchy.

• 1 month later...
Guest lllborusslll

Hey Guys! How are you?,

my name is Alejandro I am from Denver CO, I have working in MAME and Hyperspin cabs for all most 1 year, and

I was thinking, why not to add some art to my cabinets?,,

thankyou for emu movies for the amazing job you guys do. :greeting: