All Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Guest GFatha

Back from the dead, previous supporting member now a lifetime member.. Glad to be back just waiting for ftp access to update my screns & vids. Keep up the good work guys and

Long live emulation

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forums, but have been around for a while. DLed all the avi intros when i used Maximus, i'm in the process of upgrading my emulation PC, and moving to Hyperpsin. It works at the moment but i'm going for dual core to get the best out of it. Went to get the flvs, so i can change my rom names to no intro and realised all had changed here. Nearly finished my cabinet, it's based on Blankas Retrospace. I'm having so much fun tinkering around with my cabinet and the emulator/computer side, i have learnt loads over the past month, what a great hobby. My Wii and Xbox are gathering dust. Although, i am using the wireless xbox controllers for PJ64. Having to wait to get on the FTP though, it's full the whole time :)

Game on!

Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forums, but have been around for a while. DLed all the avi intros when i used Maximus, i'm in the process of upgrading my emulation PC, and moving to Hyperpsin. It works at the moment but i'm going for dual core to get the best out of it. Went to get the flvs, so i can change my rom names to no intro and realised all had changed here. Nearly finished my cabinet, it's based on Blankas Retrospace. I'm having so much fun tinkering around with my cabinet and the emulator/computer side, i have learnt loads over the past month, what a great hobby. My Wii and Xbox are gathering dust. Although, i am using the wireless xbox controllers for PJ64. Having to wait to get on the FTP though, it's full the whole time :)

Game on!

The ftp should be back to normal in a couple of days miner.gif

Hi,

My name is Mike and i'm from Oxford in the UK.

I have started building my first MAME cabinet using Maximus Arcade, already having great fun getting it advanced configured on my main PC.

Before i start using the FTP can anyone suggest if AVI or FLV would be better for a mid-spec older PC?

Cheers

Mike

Hi,

My name is Mike and i'm from Oxford in the UK.

I have started building my first MAME cabinet using Maximus Arcade, already having great fun getting it advanced configured on my main PC.

Before i start using the FTP can anyone suggest if AVI or FLV would be better for a mid-spec older PC?

Cheers

Mike

Unless you are using hyperspin stick to avi.

Hello everyone seen a mame cabinet on youtube right after i payed 500 bucks for sf2 searching for a site to buy new contollers and butttons. Fell in love with it and it gives me something to do so going to start make a cabinet asap.

Hello,

Im new to this site in paticular and looking to download a full set of FLV videos for MAME primearily...

I tried to donate money to the project, but it wont let me since I dont and will never use Paypal because they are useless! I made an account with them and they blocked it. I tried to resolve it but to resolve it you have to login... (erm thats the problem, they have stopped me) So i look for phone number and its an International call. Have tried mailing = get no response. Total morons!

Anyway do you accecpt payments in any other method please?

Thankyou.

Hello,

Im new to this site in paticular and looking to download a full set of FLV videos for MAME primearily...

I tried to donate money to the project, but it wont let me since I dont and will never use Paypal because they are useless! I made an account with them and they blocked it. I tried to resolve it but to resolve it you have to login... (erm thats the problem, they have stopped me) So i look for phone number and its an International call. Have tried mailing = get no response. Total morons!

Anyway do you accecpt payments in any other method please?

Thankyou.

Currently no confused.gif

Hello. My name is plow and I'm a talking truck. I am a member of Pleasuredome, Hyperspin, and now a member of EmuMovies.

I enjoy playing retro arcade games with my two kids and love watching them play the games I grew up with. I have also been lucky enough to turn my knowledge of electronics into a small side business repairing arcade boards. Buying untested or broken boards on ebay and reselling them was lucrative in the past but lately the deals and business has dried up. Many people will not sell on ebay anymore because of their recent business practices and rate increases.

Any way, just wanted to say hello and now I have to go back to work on my cab. See you later.

Guest Tojin

Hello emumovies :bunny:

My name is Charlotte and i'm from the most beautiful city in the world: Paris (kidding ^^)

I'm a 8 & 16 bits Nintendo console fan and I still playing some of my childhood games sometimes... and it brings me back so much good memories !!

I have just discovered Hyperspin yesterday and Emumovies today... and ONE ONLY word comes to me: WONDERFUL

This site and what Circo and other one did (and still do) is an incredible work !! I congratulate all the staff behind these tons of games videos !!

I really hope that I'll help you some day in your work to contribute.

Thank you again and see ya all of you to discuss more.

Hey guys I am TOG Hoppy from down under (Brisbane Australia) I am an old member that hasn't been on the site for a while and need to get the latest downloads for my cabinet before my annual subscription expires.

Great looking site, kudos to Circo and his band of merry men and women that help keep this place rocking!!!

See ya round diggers,

Cheers,

Hoppy

Hi, I´m from São Paulo, Brazil.

Looking foward to see a complete and full working Mame 0.136 video collection. There´s something casual on old arcade games that I love. You just press start and you´re already in the game, and it´s already awesome. You learn the controls and mechanics in less than a minute. You finish the game in one playthrough. I love the new games too, but sometimes all the tutorial, story, long gameplay, etc makes the experience similar to watch a movie or read a book, while sometimes all you want is to watch a crazy YouTube video or read a comic strip with some friends. That´s why I love Mame, Maximus Arcade and EmuMovies makes the experience so much better.

Really looking foward for the Mame complete set.

Guest WarFado

Hi guys!

What can I say about myself? I love gaming, since I was little (I'm 33 now), my ultimate goal is to have a great MAME setup going to enjoy with whatever friend visits me.

I'm not talking about building a MAME cabinet, no!!! My wife won't let me :) . I'm talking in the likes of having a good old and fatty SONY analog TV connected to my computer with a tank 2 player X-Arcade stick on its front, and the TV displaying a complete HyperSpin Front End, with all Console Emus / MAME snaps and videos running smoothly.

Right now I can run my MAME in my video wall projector but with no FrontEnd just the snaps+cabinets+posters+marquees+control panels.

BTW I'm running MAMEUI 64 0.136 on my new Windows 7 64-bit since my old HDD just died on me a couple a days ago, so I'm starting this project from the ground up.

So I could really use all your knowledge to help me out setting up my HSFE with all EMUMOVIES flv's.

Other thing, I was a EMUMOVIES member and donator, but old FTP account is not connecting to the FTP server anymore. But Circo is helping people out on that matter!

So I hope to make lots of new friends here!

Thanks Circo! :)

Still got a bit to do on it, but my mistake was getting it playable before finishing it :)

I, uh, am in the same boat as you.... Got it running before finishing it. Just finally put T-molding on mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Billy and I have have been around the emu community for awhile now. I started back in 98 over at arcade @ home. I kinda got side tracked for about ten years with all the emu related stuff out in the wild. I am a member at klov and byoac but frequent the klov forums the most. My collections atm is two mspac's, two stargates, centipede and a pit-fighter.

I am currently trying to get all the pieces for a Mulit-Williams project together. I still need an iso, monitor and stencils for that project. One of my mspacs is up and running and the centi. So I have a spare mspac that i want to run a 60-1 in and the pit-fighter that should make a really nicer Hs project. My second stargate is a complete restore that im in the process of as well.

I love your site and I will need to hit the subscription button in the near future so I can finish my hyper-spin pit-fighter project.

Rock on...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everybody!

I'm a generation X video gamer from South Africa, grew up with consoles and PC's all my life and I play a lot more retro games than I do my XBOX360 or PC!

Looking forward to making some friends on the Boards!

Gjini

Guest demonseed

Hello

I am a arcade guru and have made several cabinets!! love this site!

thanks

Jim

Since today (Day 5) we hit 100+ members I thought it would be a great time for everyone to introduce themselves. Since I still have some time to kill until I can start posting the video snaps for everyone, I thought it would help break the ice.

For starters I am Circo, hopefully most of you know me but I am the crazy fool that started this site almost 5 years ago. Take a peek at this WayBack version of EmuMovies EmuMovies July 2005 (Wayback Machine) for an idea of how far we have come so far. I have a wife that likes to get mad because I hang out in the office too much playing 2 minutes of each video game that I can get my hands on. I swear this project has made me ADD! gamer.gif

I do have a day job that takes up a lot of my time, but I try to touch this site as often as possible. My favorite development over the past year are the contributers. Users like Keno, StarControl, Jochitko, etc have really helped to motivate me, it was getting hard to stay motivated, but with all of the help coming from our members it has been getting so much easier and fun to do. I think that eventually that we just may reach our goal of perfect HiQ video snap sets for every system. I will say that my favorite change to the project is the normalized audio, this has made such a huge difference in testing, and I can't wait to start rolling these out to you guys.

It is my pleasure to welcome everyone to our new forum, and I am pretty sure that this will become the hub of our site going forward. I think my EmuMovies baby is finally starting to grow up, I am so proud I could cry! shout.gif

Enough about me, let's hear from you guys, welcome to

EmuMovies.com!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there !

I'm FiFou from Paris

I'm a video games collector

Emulation is the best way for me to keep old must have games alive

I have a NewAstroCity cab with Hyperspin in it

I made some arcade themes for this fantastic FE

Actually I'm completing Amiga Set with Ripsnort06 (wheels, boxart) and wanted to help bLAZER with vids (still much to do)

see ya !