All Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

G'day mates <--- guess where i'm from

I'm a 28 year old guy with 2 kids and a Cab I just built

For some reason I became addicted to collecting emulation stuff and ended up here looking for vids.

This is a great project I cheer everyone involved.

9.jpg

Hodwy... can you guess where I'm from? If you said Texas you'd score half a point. I was actually born in England but now live in Texas.

My name is Shane and I love machine emulation in all it's forms (more partial to arcade and old 8-bit) but still dabble with rest... it's all gravy!

I don't have a cab (yet) as we just had the second "nipper" so funds are sparse at present. But I am working on at least setting up a Hyperspin front-end based system using the wonderful tools Emumovies.com and Hyperspin-FE.com have provided.

Thanks for the welcome and I'm jealous of all you lucky people that have already have your cabinets setup! :gamer:

Hi. I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I don't have a cabinet yet. It'll be a while before I can get one -- I have to recover from the boot my wife put in my ass for hogging bandwidth and spending money on "old crappy games that no one wants to play except me." lol :gamer:

Guest guille0301

hi, I'm from Argentina, 21 yo. Started a mame machine as a weekend project a few months ago. Still don't have the cabinet, but things are progressing smoothly, Yesterday I learned how to import a dat file and use it on RomCenter to make a cleanup of those not-working roms and fred 8gb on my HD :i_am_so_happy:

I love the EmuMovies project, though I can not download any set, because of my sh*** ISP

I already have 2983490832042839423 emulators and front-ends on my hard drive. I'm open for suggestions of which one to use. Remember I'm a n00b concerning MAME stuff...

I'm new here also. My free time goes into my cab and updating and tweaking it. I currently use GameEx now but I've used Mala and tinked around with Hyperspin and Maximus Arcade in the past. Born on Long Island NY but reside in Sacramento CA. Good to be attched to a forum with people who enjoy old school gaming as much as I do.

Hey guys,

I am new to the forums as well. I have been working on a cabinet for the last couple weeks. I built the cabinet from scratch and it is getting close to finished. I ordered the X-Arcade dual sticks as my controller and it is currently in transit to my house, the cab housing is built and painted.

I am using Hyperspin FE, currently working on getting all the wheel packs and game packs and videos. Also I am going through and modifying my gamelist xml, I have all duplicates taken care of, all non joystick games have been removed and now I am going through and deleting all the games I will never play, one by one. If anyone has a good game list I can start off of I would appreciate any help. I am trying to weed through 1500+ games one at a time, no fun.

I am starting out with a strictly MaMe cabinet and will be adding support for other systems as I continually tweak it. I'll try to get a picture up soon of the somewhat finished cabinet.

Anyways, I am glad to be here, nice to meet you all and I just have to say amazing work Circo, I cant believe what a huge and complete catalog of game vids you have!

I'm new here also. My free time goes into my cab and updating and tweaking it. I currently use GameEx now but I've used Mala and tinked around with Hyperspin and Maximus Arcade in the past. Born on Long Island NY but reside in Sacramento CA. Good to be attched to a forum with people who enjoy old school gaming as much as I do.

We have a lot of users here in California, we will have to meet up at California Extreme next summer.

Usually in San Jose

:i_am_so_happy: I spent most my life living in San Jose, I moved to Washington State some years back. I miss the bay area. Especially for those kinds of things, there was way more to do there than there is in rainy Washington.

Hello, I'm Dante. I am currently making my second MAME machine. The first was done with MAMEWAH frontend. After seeing HyperSpin, I had to build another. I am very grateful to you guys for doing all the work. I wouldn't know where to begin. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys. finaly got around to donating as its been takin ages to get my paypal sorted. but now its done i can now get to work on my cabinet thats been in the working process from the past 11 years lol. we'll look forward to speaking to you all in the future. but for now happy new year ^_^ and keep up the good work .

I've been lurking for a while and, having recently built a MAME arcade cabinet, I figured I'd finally join the community here. I'm really enjoying all the great work you guys do, so thank you. Happy New Year to all of you!

Bill Hunt

(Editor of The Digital Bits.com)

• 2 weeks later...

OK hi all

Im a new member ... soon to have ftp access woohoo

Ive been lucky to have found on the side of the road for rubbish day, an old World Rally machine complete without any screen board or seat but did have wheel and pedals if anyone wants them.

And since then have moved forward with its rebirth

post-603-126345115264_thumb.jpg

I know it isnt as fancy as some but for a conversion it is moving allong nicely and the low foot print of a 2 player is awesome for my needs

• 1 month later...

Hi, Just found this site, been using mame, for a while and was looking for a good fronend, recently just moved from the UK to USA, so starting to build a MAME Cab or maybe just a control board side hooked upto my 42inch screen, for the moment. Anway just a quicky to say hi

Here primarily to regain access to my FTP account. I fired up filezilla for the first time in ages to grab some videos for some games I recently added and my login was rejected. Figured something was up and found that basically everything has been revamped.

So currently awaiting PM reply from Circo so I can get all squared away.

Hello,

My name is Thierry and I'm from FRANCE :D

I have just discover Emumovies one week ago (shame on me...) and was so scared to see the site down (I though that I arrived too late and it was closed for good :) ).

I tried to connect again yesterday and was so happy to see the website up :)

I'm now on a big project:

Building my own Mamecab from scratch (Wood, Electronic ...).

And i'm now configuring my Emulator.

I will be pleased to show you the final result :)

Hope to share my passion of arcade game with all of you !

Hello. My name is Andrew and hale from Canada.

I been aware of Emumovies for a few years. I am building a cabinet and figuring it is time to start setting up the computer to go in it. I am going with the new version of Hyperspin and the videos will look great with the themes.