Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hello all!

Putting together a Mala front-end for a HTPC and this site and service has been a *wonderful* resource. So much fun and nostalgia to see some of these old game maps :-)

- Z

HI.  Former console gamer who has pretty much just played PC games for the past several years.  The last system I owned was a Nintendo 64.  I played with NES and SNES emulators a bit ~10-15 years ago on my PC but the experience wasn't right with a keyboard.  Had a random conversation about retro gaming recently and did some internet searching out of curiosity, reading about how emulators have progressed, all the systems that have been emulated, and the cool front ends available.  It was pretty exciting to learn about and to see how far things have come.  

I don't have an interest in building an arcade cabinet, but I am planning to build a PC for HTPC duties and emulation, probably using XMBC and Hyperspin.  I'm currently working on customizing my Hyperspin installation and that's what brought me here.  Very impressed with the community.

Hi, been emulating games for over 10 years when I first discovered ZSNES, having owned every Nintendo and Sony console I count myself as a big gamer and looking forward to look through the nostalgic content this site has. Looking to put together a HTPC with Hyperspin so that's how I found out about this site. Looks amazing!

Hello my name is Murphy worked for 11/2 years on Mame emu console and on the basis of Mala course with summer breaks will soon start the construction of the Gatehouse Unfortunately, my English is not so great as the bad translation ago M.F.G Murphy

Been around a while. Built my first cab in 06 using GameEx. Been messing around with Hyperspin lately. Redoing the system in one of my cabs and finally decided to make the plunge and purchase an emumovies account. Happy to be here.

Hi all,

I am here to make my hyperspin setup as good as it can be. I have been on a few retro forums over the years. Namely GameEX, hyperspin, pd, mameworld. My obsession with retro gaming doesnt seem to be fading although these days I seem to spend more time studying gaming's past rather than playing.

J.

Ey up!  Just thought I'd introduce myself and my cab.  I've been working on this for a while now and have almost completed it now.  Just a few more vinyls to design and print, and a few CPS rom issues to deal with, but other than that, all perfect!  I have also recently installed my lightgun from arcadeguns.com (awesome bit of kit!) and configured in all emulators.

I've attached a few pics of my cab, but here's a video to showcase it properly, with the LED tubes installed behind the cabinet :-)  The logo in the centre is now also backlit.  All vinyls were printed matte, with rough laminate upper layers to protect them.

post-39923-0-22048600-1383574422_thumb.j

post-39923-0-08120100-1383574424_thumb.j

I've attached a few pics of my cab, but here's a video to showcase it properly, with the LED tubes installed behind the cabinet :-)  The logo in the centre is now also backlit.  All vinyls were printed matte, with rough laminate upper layers to protect them.

Looks nice.  Unlike mine I bet yours can get moved up stairs.  Once mine became playable all progress stopped for over 3 years ;)  I'm just getting back to making it a complete setup that I don't have to babysit.

Looks nice.  Unlike mine I bet yours can get moved up stairs.  Once mine became playable all progress stopped for over 3 years ;)  I'm just getting back to making it a complete setup that I don't have to babysit.

Cheers.  I didn't post pics of the inside now did I? ;-)

Mine is just sat inside on a shelf, with the monitor on top but angled perfectly to the screen.  The plexiglass is attached but I couldn't move it in a hurry!

Hi to everyone.

I've been thinking about building a cab for ages. I'm at the start of what I think will be a long process, but am looking forward to having a lot of fun and I'm sure some frustrating times as well.

Hello everone, my name is Nick, and i have been interested in emulation since i moved on from my ZX Spectrum way back and discoverd that my new Amiga could actually behave like my trusty little black box with rubber keys!! :no: . hope someday to build myself a retro arcade machine ( but who dose'nt ).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am meatparsden. I am trying to make an awesome media centre at the moment. I'm using windows media centre with media browser and the game browser plugin... It's taking a long time to get it how I want it but it will be worth it in the end. Thanks meat :)