Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

The First Video Game I Ever Played Was...

Riffman81

My God ! Reading this topic, I've been able to find a picture of the first video game console I've ever had in my hands and played with. It was Pong and some other games like Soccer (look the same as Pong, but with 4 lines to catch the ball instead of 2), and other games I can't even remember. Was in the 70s... Feeling old... But thanks to my dad who was already aware of all that in those years, and who put a ZX81 in my hands while I was 10 (guess how old I am now :blum1:) and gave me the "virus". 35 years later, I'm working in computers...

video-superscore.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If it counts my very first would be the Game and Watch called Parachute.   But a true video game would be Christmas 1984 when I got my Atari 2600 with Dragonfire, Robot Tank and Space Invaders.  I cant remember which one I played first....

On 3/16/2016 at 10:52 PM, badflame said:

Well, I do not know if this can be considered a video game, but before having the AMSTRAD played with this:

gameandwatch.jpg

looks like a video game to me and a sweet one at that!

• 1 month later...

Well, I do not know if this can be considered a video game, but before having the AMSTRAD played with this:

gameandwatch.jpg

I had the same one. 😎 I remember it required dying to get the high score at 999, because it was counting double points if you did not die for a while. Without dying the high score would be 998.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think my first pc game was Prince of Persia from 1989. You guys have no idea how long it takes a three year old to get to level 2 of that area, or the joy you feel when you finally kill that jerk guarding the exit. No one will mourn you, you meanie!!

My first console game was sonic the hedgehog for the mega drive. Good times!!

I almost feel a little bad never really experiencing gaming on atari, like it seems so many people here did. I feel like maybe i missed out

56 minutes ago, typingsux said:

Speedway! Spin out! Crypto-logic!

I just dated myself.

Arcade:

I think Space Invaders... Not sure about that one.

PC:

Solitaire

Solitaire! I've totally forgot this game hahah, thanks for the reminder.

Added to my post.