Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

The First Video Game I Ever Played Was...

Riffman81

Something on Commodore 64... I don't remember the name. There was a man on the left of the screen and something (a bag of money i think) on the right, some kind of acid rain in the middle and some points with little roofs to avoid the rain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pac-Man for me as far as coin-op. For consoles I used to play Combat with my cousins on Atari 2600. It was the pack in game. All we had for a bit. Later got Pitfall, Ms. Pac-man, Cosmic Ark and Frogger.

I think this is my first post here. Anyway, I think my first video game was 1942 at the local roller rink in around 1986 or so. Followed shortly after by Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 at home.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember exactly but it was either Zelda ocarina of time or Yoshi's Island on the super nintendo. Can't remember the order, they were both my cousin's. But I do remember being like 8 and being amazed at how beautiful Ocarina looked. 

I can't remember exactly but it was either Zelda ocarina of time or Yoshi's Island on the super nintendo. Can't remember the order, they were both my cousin's. But I do remember being like 8 and being amazed at how beautiful Ocarina looked. 

I still play the zelda game from time to time :)

Hello All, i am 42 yo. I remeber that evening when a was a kid playing Donkey Kong and pacman in a console. Maybe an Atari... I was hypnotized from then to the old school games!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The first game I ever remember playing was Vs. Super Mario Bros.  They had an arcade machine at a gas station near my house and my parents would always send me in with a quarter to play a game while they filled up the car.  Unfortunately, there were almost always teenage kids at the machine and they would never let me cut in.  When I did get to play, I vaguely remember not getting very far.

haha yeah!  two games... you have to cross the road to get your skis and then, come back.  If your safe you get to ski down the slope dodging trees, navigating slope and hitting checkpoints... LOVED IT! hehehe

Toledo Ohio, 1978 "The Blizzard of '78"

My Dad walked 8 miles in the blizzard to purchase a "Pong" system from a store called "Cooks / Rinks"

I played it on a 9" black and white TV and it was the most boring electronic system I ever touched; still, the bug had bitten me.  I had no life from that day until this very moment when I am up at 1:30 am doing nerd stuff.

Thanks Ralph Baer.

hahaaa yeah!  I forgot about the black and white thing.  I had to play my ZX Spectrum on my sisters black and white TV.  Nothing back then could be plugged into the "big TV" (12 inch hehehe) So I was at the whims of my sister.  The black and white was tiny and I remember it had a knob you had to turn to tune the channels in.... including the ZX hehehe.

ahhh them was the days :D

I do remember the first day we had video too... a device that transmitted movies to our TV at will?!?!?!!?  VOOOODOOOOOOOO!!!!!  We had it 2 weeks and I recorded EVERYTHING!  My mum and dad got so fed up of watching the same 2 episodes of Turtles I taped from Kids TV they finally gave in and allowed me to choose a vid from the Video Shop (the paper shop who had some dodgy copies of movies).  I chose The Never Ending Story!  I had only dreamed of such a thing..... 10 mins into it and just when the dog dragon thing turns up BOOOOM.... static!  I spent the last few weeks watching soo much Turtles that the heads needed cleaning.  Of course no one back then knew of such a thing or how to fix.   Dad got rid of it and I had to wait 3 more years to watch that Movie on TV!

Earliest I can remember would be either Pong at a childhood friend's house or Space Invaders in the arcade, during the early eighties when I around 7 or 8, might have been others before that but that's the earliest I remember.