Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

POLL: Which Front-End is your favorite

Circo

Favorite Front-End (FE's that support video snaps)  

1,568 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite front-end?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Off top of my head so far....

HyperSpin

GameEX

Maximus Arcade

RetroFE

Launchbox/Big Box

Attract Mode

Mala

Big Blue (Terrible FE)

Emulation Station

3D Arcade

Kodi/Rom Launcher

More Launchers but still can be FE if you are a being fussy:

RocketLauncher

RetroArch

Then you can also go into the PinBall stuff.  But I think thats the main players.  Please someone correct or add if I missed or messed something?!?!?

I have chosen GameEx because I am a "light retrogamer" (just a dozen and a half systems, a few hundreds games) and therefore I wanted a "light front-end". HyperSpin has too many calories for me :thumbsup:

LaunchBox is very nice indeed.  Its also amazingly easy to set up.  However it hasnt got he WOW of HS, but it does have many extra features HS doesnt.

I would say Launchbox is good if you want a HTPC setup... HS if you wan the full arcade or flashy looking setup.

LaunchBox is my front end of choice.  I've tried many of the other front ends and they have been such a pain to setup.  Launchbox/BigBox is so easy to setup.

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out hyperspin and always end up leaving frustrated.

Thanks to Austin, I've become a little more proficient at HyperSpin.    I guess all the flexibility, power and customization comes at the price of being complicated/complex.

I'm hoping to have some time over the next couple of weeks to configure Launchbox and see how all the bits play together.

I've been thinking of buying an X-Arcade Tankstick, which comes with a free copy of Maximus Arcade.  Guess I'll try to give that one a look as well :)

TankSticks are nice... but you will become increasingly frustrated as they are limited by layouts and not being able to add the buttons you need for a FE etc.  If you got he time.. I would make your own CP.  Ultimarc is the best there is

Sys not sure if you are into getting a little more creative but i cut custom holes and installed japanese Sanwa buttons and joysticks in to my arcade machine.  I put some pics up in the Gallery.  The quality is ridiculous and the controls are very responsive.

Have you looked at any reviews of the tank stick on youtube?  Some people are even replacing the joysticks out with Happ joysticks because they have better responsiveness.

I have zero experience with any of the above until today.  I've started with HyperSpin, I've invested as a Platinum member and I plan to be a lifetime member here.  Like it or not, I'm sticking with it.

Hyperspin all the way. I actually started with Maximus until I discovered Hyperspin. Tried GameEx as well because at first I found Hyperspin hard to setup but went back to Hyperpsin because of the wheel. Once I learned the ins and outs I never looked back. I wwish it had  widescreen support and submenus but otherwise it's the best FE out there by a mile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived