Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

POLL: Which Front-End is your favorite

Circo

Favorite Front-End (FE's that support video snaps)  

1,568 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite front-end?

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not going to vote since I'm a newbie and trying out different front-ends at the moment but I'm surpised LaunchBox is not the list...It's very easy to set up, good looking, pretty much everything is automated, will get the infos, covers, etc for you.

Seems like a very strong contender to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would vote if launchbox was an option.  Hyperspin looks really nice but two years ago when I tried it I got tired of the hassle after I had it partially set up.  Will probably try again sometime in the future though.

52 minutes ago, beev said:

I would vote if launchbox was an option.  Hyperspin looks really nice but two years ago when I tried it I got tired of the hassle after I had it partially set up.  Will probably try again sometime in the future though.

I feel exactly the same. I felt in love with hyperspin at first sight but I'm slowly getting tired of all this setting up and I'm considering Launchbox more and more.

3 minutes ago, Thordelan said:

I feel exactly the same. I felt in love with hyperspin at first sight but I'm slowly getting tired of all this setting up and I'm considering Launchbox more and more.

Doesn't hurt to give launchbox a try for the most part it sets it self up.  I didn't prefer some of the recommended emulators, it's not hard to configure others though.  I think it's still $20 for lifetime premium if you fancy it.

I feel like I could teach my computer illiterate parents to set it up.

RetroFE for me. I realise there's work to be done on it still, but it's got huge potential, is F/OSS, and cross platform, while supporting a ton of artwork including wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Right now I'm using Launchbox/Big Box and love the simplicity, but I just recently (yesterday) started tinkering with HyperSpin and although my setup is still incomplete, it is the nicest visual layout I've seen on a front-end. I just wish it wasn't so damn complicated lol! PS: Does anyone know the name of the retro video game magazine program that can be added to HyperSpin? If you have any pointers please let me know, thanks in advance. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a tough call for me, I haven't settled on any one in particular, every one I try seems to be missing some feature I want, that another has, that's missing from the other one :)

I like Hyperspin and RetroFE because they have the system main menu's - I like seeing the system intro videos, but I wish they had Attract-Mode's snap/video screensaver.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/5/2016 at 8:56 AM, guzzla said:

Hyperspin for me, its like a beautiful but crazy girlfriend. Intoxicating

hahah you have the point, loving hyperspin, but maybe will ve more great if they update more frecuently.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm certainly a Hyperspin fan despite its failings amongst many strong contenders out there. I'm certainly looking more and more at Launchbox. Am I right in saying it'll scrape all the artwork automatically from the internet? This sounds very interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

None that are in your list.  Launchbox gets my vote to enable not only Mame & emulators but pc games as well under one program / interface.

@ RetroNutz - Yes it scrapes automatically & you can set what you want & what you dont.

Archived