Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

POLL: Which Front-End is your favorite

Circo

Favorite Front-End (FE's that support video snaps)  

1,568 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite front-end?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My vote went to XBMC because that is what I am using at the moment.  I do not own a cabinet so I use a HTPC and I like having all my entertainment accessible from a single program.

My first foray into FE's beyond rom organizer's that could be configured to launch emus was MALA.  And I gotta say that it's only limitation is your ability to configure/make it.  Every aspect is fully customizable but it's quite a bit of learning and tinkering.  I started out with a basic skin and just changed the background image.  I soon found myself making sub-menus, choosing what info is displayed and where.  A visionary artistic type would do good to go this route.

RCB on XBMC is the antithesis of that program! lmao... It's very rigid, customization is almost non existent.  But it's fairly easy to set-up and scrapers make adding games/systems easy too.

• 1 month later...

Do I even have to vote? GameEx = #1for me. Might be a few converts when we drop evolution. ;) For me GameEx wins if for no other reason than its a delight and a pleasure to develop for. The plugin interface is pretty awesome, and soon the sky is the limit when it comes to your wow factor. You might reconsider using that on a PC and give up one of your cabs for it, circo. :)

Not anything we're ready to release yet, but from the stuff I've seen/used/demoed, it'll be worth the wait.

When we do put out a video, I'll link it somewhere on the EmuMovies forums though.

I remember posting in this thread awhile back and saying Maximus Arcade was my fav. A year has gone by and I have to say GameEx has won me over hands down. If the original GameEx is any indication as to what the future holds, I'm diving in head first!

• 3 weeks later...

My personal favourite is maximus due to its simplicity but looks like its dead again no updates no updated blogs and forums still locked , I love hyperspin but again lack of an update for over a year now, needs an update to iron out a few bugs randomly crashing and so on , I'm more excited about game ex this year lots of potential and great active forum and always being updated and they have something big in the pipeline this year as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am super new to using emulators with a front-end, but i have to say Hyperspin is my pick. I did have issues finding the correct versions of all the components needed, but when I did everything just works smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hyperspin is the only Front-End that I've really messed with to date. I like how easy it is to customize and it seems relatively easy to set up (although it required a few days to get the learning curve down)

• 1 month later...

I heard Hyperspin was a ballache to set up so I tried GameEx but I'm not impressed, it looks pretty terrible (I can't find any good looking themes, they all look like they were thrown together in paint in 10 minutes) and trying to set up the emulators while having to sit through 20 second nag-screens was too much.

I'm currently using Rom Collection Browser in XBMC which looks nice and seems to work well. I'm not seeing many posts from people using it though which seems odd as I've had lots of luck with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I tried Maximus Arcade but it's not updated, right now I'm trying mGalaxy. I don't know HyperSpin but I see is loved here :D Can you tell me why it's better than the others?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived