Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

POLL: Which Front-End is your favorite

Circo

Favorite Front-End (FE's that support video snaps)  

1,568 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite front-end?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have used MA but am working with hyperspin now. I'ts more work, but looks muck nicer in the end smile.gif Also I'f you only want the standard consoles with all stuff already made for them I'ts not harder to set up than any other FE out there. Yeah, and there is a lot of quality support over at the HS forums ^^

Pretty obvious where the majority of our users are coming from in the first 24 hours. Viva la hyperspin lol

Where are the GameEx users??????? Come on guys show your support. I'm going to have to PM Tom smile.gif

I started using Mala back in 2008. I was trying to make an all in one video game system for my son. Then I came across Hyperspin in 2008 . I kinda just looked around at stuff for a month then decided to become a member and try it out. Well The rest is history because I love Hyperspin. I used the L word and I don't care. I've made some of the coolest theme's , add-ons for this frontend. There is no limit to really what you can do.I think I've proved that many times by now. I also just love the community that HS has these are the coolest guys. Everyone is way cool and wants to help. With Emumovies HS is totally rocks. Thank you Circo

Koolbrez67

I personally hate to pick, I primarily use two front ends right now HyperSpin (Cabinets) and GameEx (PC) I think both programs are good and are tailored to different needs. I did use Mala for quite awhile before GameEx, I left when Swindus was still running it before loadman took it over. There was a problem with the video system (and that's kinda my thing) and I left. Although I do have it installed for testing and it is a very solid FE. Before that was MameWah and well that is just the Grandaddy FE to me and I have very fond memories (who needs a stinkin installer!) reminded me of my DOS days.

Anyone notice how neutral I was there, man I should be in politics. biggrin.gif

I'm a GameEx fan. Hyperspin is a thing of beauty. But I love GameEx because it is feature rich, a pleasure to implement and has limitless applications, endless customization and I can use the theme I made.

post-2-125759584836_thumb.jpg

Basically, the same as the above poster said. Love GameEx. Hopefully they add more options for artwork. Some console games have front covers, back covers, inlays (sometimes 2), disc labels, maps, manuals, game guides, etc...

Would like to see a front end implement some sort of 3d boxart thingy. Taking all the artwork and slapping it where it belongs. Would need artwork to follow some sort of standard, but if the front end is there, the people will follow with content. smile.gif

I wish XBMC had all the functionality of GameEx.

Yeah there are a lot of 3d box art packs for Hyperspin already. I am actually working on rotating 3d SNES box art right now. Hyperspin is my vote, I love the way it looks and works and it just keeps getting better. And as already said the community is very good, lots of people willing to help and contribute.

*Currently GameEX has more substance/features and HyperSpin has more Flare. I'm learning to toy with Hyperspin for now and takes more work. Of course it's early in the stages.

Guest BSebastian01

GameEx FTW!! Now if I can only make it do EXACTLY what I want it to do. ha ha. I'm working on it.

I kinda wish the devs of 3darcade would come up with show back up in the scene. Their forum still seems to have a lot of active modelers. Loved just to browse the artwork of old cabinet design. Ah well guess I'll stick with youtube with people's great gameroom setups.

I kinda wish the devs of 3darcade would come up with show back up in the scene. Their forum still seems to have a lot of active modelers. Loved just to browse the artwork of old cabinet design. Ah well guess I'll stick with youtube with people's great gameroom setups.

With the speed of todays computers and just limitless hard drive space they could really do that front end up right. A front end truely before it's time.

I like the LOOK of HyperSpin, I am still working on getting it set up but so far it's really cool. Just got the mame videos installed and even my girlfriend thought it was pretty sweet. Can't wait to get all of the other systems set up!

Thanks Circo and Team!

i have tried different front ends and by far i must say HYPERSPIN is the best. Its easy to learn and work with. If you need help, there is a great set of people who know tons about it! Bottom line... you cant go wrong with Hyperspin (thanks billy and team) and the movie clips that circo (and team) has provided!

Archived