Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

POLL: Which Front-End is your favorite

Circo

Favorite Front-End (FE's that support video snaps)  

1,568 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite front-end?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi I go by the name of Rooster this is my first post here and I can not vote because my frontend is not listed My frontend is the #1 frontend on the maket and no other frontend even comes close . when it comes down to Mame and Pinball and Fruit Machines this one tops them all . The name of my frontend is 3D Arcade. This one has all the bell and whistles as frontends go , but no other frontend has an 3D environment attached to it . For me It's all about the arcades , because without the arcades there would have been no consoles Anyway there no better way of showing off your games with a 3D model in listbox mode with data and artwork or video ,website . It has been out for over ten years now. Unfortunately It is best known for it 3D arcades.

I admit it takes a lot of time and patience but it is the most configurable frontend on the market . Mame and Pinball are already set up You can take it as far as you want to go with it Only downside is renaming the the artwork and video to match your roms But what frontend doesn't .(Circo, Please use proper names like U instead of USA ) If interested you can get it here

http://www.rivetedstudios.com/mame-downloads/cat_view/40-mame-files/41-3d-arcade.html

Almost any emulator can run in this frontend if it run by command line(if not there always autoscript) .But there aren't many arcade left anymore. Need help check out forums here http://www.mameworld.info/3darcade/ But sooner or later Hypersin or Gamex will rip otf the 3d environment Microsoft already has for commercial use.on Xbox360 in its online Gameroom http://www.giantbomb.com/game-room-trailer/17-1847/

most of all, its free all you have is your hard work and dedication and love of gaming .It like having Your own muuseum of games through out time. For most of us we started out at the arcades so if you are looking for a little nostalgia this might be the frontend for you.

PS (Circo could you email me I have'nt recieved one scince joining and unable to download Without confirmation If links are unacceptable please remove them). ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to point out that only 5% of our members have voted. Make yourself heard, and are there any suggestions for other front-ends to add? Only condition is that it must support video snaps.

Hi I go by the name of Rooster this is my first post here and I can not vote because my frontend is not listed My frontend is the #1 frontend on the maket and no other frontend even comes close . when it comes down to Mame and Pinball and Fruit Machines this one tops them all . The name of my frontend is 3D Arcade. This one has all the bell and whistles as frontends go , but no other frontend has an 3D environment attached to it . For me It's all about the arcades , because without the arcades there would have been no consoles Anyway there no better way of showing off your games with a 3D model in listbox mode with data and artwork or video ,website . It has been out for over ten years now. Unfortunately It is best known for it 3D arcades.

I admit it takes a lot of time and patience but it is the most configurable frontend on the market . Mame and Pinball are already set up You can take it as far as you want to go with it Only downside is renaming the the artwork and video to match your roms But what frontend doesn't .(Circo, Please use proper names like U instead of USA ) If interested you can get it here

http://www.rivetedst...-3d-arcade.html

Almost any emulator can run in this frontend if it run by command line(if not there always autoscript) .But there aren't many arcade left anymore. Need help check out forums here http://www.mameworld.info/3darcade/ But sooner or later Hypersin or Gamex will rip otf the 3d environment Microsoft already has for commercial use.on Xbox360 in its online Gameroom http://www.giantbomb...railer/17-1847/

most of all, its free all you have is your hard work and dedication and love of gaming .It like having Your own muuseum of games through out time. For most of us we started out at the arcades so if you are looking for a little nostalgia this might be the frontend for you.

PS (Circo could you email me I have'nt recieved one scince joining and unable to download Without confirmation If links are unacceptable please remove them). :morning2:

Just saw this post, I'll add 3D Arcade to the list. Hoping you read about the PM to get FTP access so I am assuming your good???

As far as the naming, the (USA) vs (U) is proper now, No-Intro seems to have overtaken the Good naming convention by a wide margin these days. If you update your roms to No-Intro naming the videos should match.

• 1 month later...

1. I am the developer.

2. I am lazy

3. Yep, deffinitly a bit on the nutty side.

LOL.

in response to your comments T

1. you system is not that bad to setup for a media centre

2. I know lazier coders

3. Nutty is relative, if you weren't nuts then we would have a nice selection of frontends to play with

in response to your comments T

1. you system is not that bad to setup for a media centre

2. I know lazier coders

3. Nutty is relative, if you weren't nuts then we would have a nice selection of frontends to play with

Thanks for the response, although it was just my humor, I was not feeling down on myself :)

I realise sarcasm and dry humor gets lost on some people state side (and Germans too) :)

EDIT: It looks like your from the UK, surprising ;)

Thanks for the response, although it was just my humor, I was not feeling down on myself :)

I realise sarcasm and dry humor gets lost on some people state side (and Germans too) :)

I'm actually fairly shocked that only 28.7% of our users are from the states. This has been a huge shift this last year. Good thing european vids are being added.

Visitors to the site view an average of 8.3 unique pages per day, and it has attained a traffic rank of 718,738 among users in the US, where we estimate that 29% of its audience is located. Visitors to Emumovies.com spend approximately 24 seconds on each pageview and a total of five minutes on the site during each visit. Approximately 9% of visits to this site are referred by search engines.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like GameEX because of the easy navigation of huge lists of roms which can show a boxart, video and description of the game onscreen at the same time.

Hyperspin is cool because of the Artwork but is lacking in other areas that GameEX is strong in. I may eventually just setup both frontends so I can have the best of both worlds but I prefer GameEX.

• 2 weeks later...

If you've gone through the trouble of making a cab and making it pretty, it's hard to resist the flashiness of hyperspin. It seems like something you'd see in the arcade.

Your cab should'nt be better looking than you front end. or should it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why does practal's post get marked as unread, which keeps bringing this topic into the 'view new posts' option?

Edit: When I posted this, I got an error about the database, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Did you try clicking "mark all items as read"? When I do that it typically does the job. But there are some database issues going on with circo's host. I got that error too.

This is the full error:

capturehh.png

Did you try clicking "mark all items as read"? When I do that it typically does the job. But there are some database issues going on with circo's host. I got that error too.

This is the full error:

capturehh.png

I have corrected the error, sorry i was basically offline for a few days and this popped up.

T why do you sound surprised I'm from the UK

I'm a Londoner and humour is normally lost when I try to translate it anyways :)

Why does practal's post get marked as unread, which keeps bringing this topic into the 'view new posts' option?

Edit: When I posted this, I got an error about the database, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Every time someone votes and doesn't post it updates, thats why it keeps showing up.

T why do you sound surprised I'm from the UK

I'm a Londoner and humour is normally lost when I try to translate it anyways :)

No worries ;)

Ive got strong links stateside. If there not well travelled while not taking offence they dont always get the joke when your joshing with them or ripping them up a little. You spell Humour correctly though :)

• 2 weeks later...

No worries ;)

Ive got strong links stateside. If there not well travelled while not taking offence they dont always get the joke when your joshing with them or ripping them up a little. You spell Humour correctly though :)

you do have a point T. and I have a oxford engrish dictionary next to me (deliberate mistake there :))

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While GameEx doesnt have HS's "flash"it does have other features that HS just cant touch.I wish there was a way to combine the two......the features of Gameex paired with the flashiness of HS..........just a dream :)

There´s a new version of HS about to drop, which has some new features people requested after experiencing them in other FE´s like GameEX. Like a new search function.

HS is far from finished and a continually evolving FE. We´re out of the water, but not standing up yet :) Let´s just hope all these new features, graphical styles won´t become overwhelming! :woot:

My goal is to have 2 versions of HS. One in it´s standard flashy style with all possible eye candy for on a cab & one clean cut XBMC style version for on a htpc.

I´ll refrain from posting the whole list of changes, so here´s a link: http://www.hyperspin...ead.php?t=10128

Maybe give it a try if you still have your HS setup saved back somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive just got back into the emu scene after watching King of Kong recently. I converted a jamma cab about 5 years ago and used arcade OS i think in that. So ive been testing out all the recent frontends ( only running on my laptop for now but do have a scorpion xg controller which is very sexy)and i love the look of Hyperspin but i found the easiest one to configure and get going with very little hassle is Maximus just a shame the project now seems like its dead. When i get a dedicated PC for the emus i will give Hyperspin a try

Archived