• Announcements

• Circo

Testing New Chat System   11/17/2017

Please help test our new chat system, to add a user to your contacts list please follow them in their profile.
titchgamer

So I am very ill - Is it contagious?

So as some of you may recall from my intro post I started building my cab years ago but due to various reasons it had to be put on the back burner.

Anyways now I have my cabinet back at home with me I have not stopped tinkering with it, Infact I think I probably spend more time tinkering with it and inproveing it as well as looking for inspirational ideas than I do play on it LOL

I have dreams about arcade cabinets, I come up with craxy ideas on things to do with it in the middle of the night then cant get back to sleep again due to wanting to go downstairs and play like a naughty 5 year old.

I know I am sick and its not the way a adult man should behave, But I really dont care LOL

Am I alone in this or has anyone else got Obsesivearcadius Syndrome?

:D

I guess we are all sick lol

• Like 1

Nope you are not alone. I am too waking up in the night and search forums for builds and plans, and frontends and controllers and buttons, and ...

Let the addiction live on

It is definitely an addiction, not just the part about building cabinets, but just the whole retro gaming thing in general. Always something cool to build, it has for sure affected my sleep schedule!

Even worse the more I think about it is the fact that I haven't been able to 'Commit' to a design I want as every few minutes it .. changes a little.  I need to just commit. :)

Yeah, this mega cabinet stuff is a real time sink, but it's very satisfying to get a new feature working!

I know there should be a way out.

My father was waking up at 6 in the morning to play with our Atari 2600.

After that period he rarely touched ANY gaming device. He did like Oil's Well on CBM64, but nothing close to a syndrome.

Me on the other hand...

You're definitely not alone. Even though I only recently started building my arcade collection, I still find myself searching for build ideas, emulator news, and frontend configurations at random times..

We all have it, we all sick, we are damned