• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This was finished long ago, as I recall from the photos at the .uk site. 

I believe he mentioned this earlier in the thread, but issues with site upgrades here at the time gave him the incentive to move it elsewhere.  My guess is being done with the project doesn't give him a lot of reason to revisit these so he may not even be aware.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, have just re-visited this forum/page and found your comments.

I have actually finished the cabinet apart from the side art and the build steps can be found on my own site

neilmansellauthor.co.uk

Unfortunately I am moving house in January (from Essex to Suffolk, UK) and my new house does not have the capacity to hold my new cabinet, let alone store it.  I have thought of putting it in storage until I can find the room but I don't know when that will be, so have come to the reluctant conclusion that it will need to go.

It is fully working, requires the T-Molding fitted (supplied) and side art work (not supplied) to be completed.  I will also include a spare PC of the same model in case any parts need replacing.  It runs XP (the most stable for me) with GameEx menu system alongside video snaps and manuals.

With two hard drives for lots of space for games etc  I can leave some roms on there for testing purposes only ?

it includes the complete setup of the following emulators: 3D0, Amiga, Amiga 2600, Atari 2600, C64, Dreamcast, DS, Gamecube, GBA, MAME, Pinball, N64, Megadrive (+ master), NES, SNES and Vectrex.

All parts are quality arcade components and include iPac Ultimate, LED RGB buttons, trackball (LED), 4/8 joysticks (LED), spinners (+ steering wheels for spinners), 2x Amitrack Light Guns (need setting up in MAME but sensor has been fitted above monitor), pinball flipper buttons, start/coin buttons and extra buttons (menu. escape, etc) - all buttons can be re-programmed to your choice if need be, but are fully setup and working as they should.  It also starts up with its own Star Wars Startup Sound and Windows 'X-Wing' Loading Screen, then goes straight into the menu system.

The buttons run through LEDBlinky that shows appropriate buttons for specific games and/or emulators.  Example is that when player 2 player games, the 2 player buttons light up, else they don't. or when playing fighting games 6 buttons light rather than 3.  These can be programmed to your choice, etc 

The PC inside is a Dell 745 with nVidia GFX Card, 2.1 Sound Bass System with separate volume control, 4 and 8 way joystick adapters (servostick), oh and two Amitrak Light Guns (need setting up in MAME but sensor fitted above monitor).  LED Lights in roof section and rear marquee, coin door with tray and keys, seat storage compartment, wheels that turn the spinners into driving games.... and much more.. It was my Ultimate Cabinet Build and I'm very sorry to see it go!!!  It also includes the large TV for the screen linked via HDMI.  The perspex is all dark for best effect (much like the original Star Wars Cabinet - albeit this one is 2 player capacity)

The cabinet can be split into two sections (front and rear) and the roof comes off.  It really is a unique cabinet, I don't think I have ever seen a 2 player cockpit design cabinet.

I have attached some photos (note: controls image does not show the black monitor bezel which has now been fitted) and genuine buyers are welcome to view the cabinet beforehand.  I will attempt to get a video uploaded on my site to showcase it better and so you can see it in action!  

At this stage I am open to offers (PM).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived