Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

EmuMovies Front End Poll '16

Circo

Which Front Ends Do You Use  

1,256 members have voted

1. 1. Choose all that you use (Multiple Choice)

• emuControlCenter
    • GameEx
    • HyperSpin
    • LaunchBox
    • Mala
    • mGalaxy
    • Retro FE
    • Rom Collection Browser (Kodi)
    • AttractMode
    • RetroPi
    • Maximus Arcade

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2016 at 8:34 AM, RalphB said:

mGalaxy for sure!!

I second this...and I couldn't choice Launchbox (I really don't know why so much (in appearance) people are on it), I feel that the author is simply ripping the work and ideas of others: the database is a complete rip of thegamesdb, the 'wheel'...well, no need to say more, the 'themes': it's now possible to rip a video from Hyperspin running and use it as a theme!?...Come on!!!)...My opinion, don't want to get in a fight with other users ;-)

Well, I think ripping is a bit much. I mean, I hate it when ppl rip my work and use it as if they created it themselves (especially when they put it on a drive and sell it). All in all, I just make stuff to have people use it. Maybe some stuff is copied, some is inspired, but  it's what we humans do, progress through copying with some changes. It's how we learn, it's how evolution works, it's how we progress. In the end we just want awesome stuff we can use.

Though the usage of HS themes as vids might seem like blatant ripping, I see it as an homage to what HS has achieved.

Another point can be made that HS is ripping off MaximusArcade, go back far enough and we shoud've just stuck with the 1st FE ever, the rest are just copycats xD

Of course I voted HS, it has been my most used FE and I'm an admin over there. But it's not the be-all end-all of FE's nor do I say it's the best. I'm happy for us all to co-exist.

In the end, it's all personal preference and there's no FE that does everything right (yet anyway)

I think the best thing that has come out of HyperSpin is RocketLauncher (can be used for multiple FE's, so if you can set up RL, you can set up HS, so it's not as complicated as it's made out to be) and of course all it's media! Wheels (game logo images), various box/art/cd sets and other artwork that might've not been there if HS wasn't throwing all that eye candy in your face - like it or not :D -  and of course some more recruits for this humble site right here

8 hours ago, thelizzi said:

Launchbox all day. Hyperspin is very much like an attractive woman with no personality. A pain in the ass to set up and entirely too full of itself.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I have only experience with Hyperspin and Launchbox and after a couple weeks decided to go all LAUNCHBOX!

Easier to setup and personally prefer the cleaner and fast loading look with some info than lots of kinda messy graphics to me, humble opinion.

Plus they keep upgrading and adding new stuff, awesome support and even Live videos! what else you need?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, R3615 said:

What can I use to fully control frontend and the emulator with my pad.

Like I want to exit snes9x without going back to the mouse.

On mGalaxy this is managed by mGalaxy itself, you don't need to worry about it (don't know for the other frontend)

On 28/11/2016 at 7:42 PM, jayme65 said:

On mGalaxy this is managed by mGalaxy itself, you don't need to worry about it (don't know for the other frontend)

Thanks I'm using Launchbox but that beeing an issue I'll have a look at mGalaxy.

On 2016-11-30 at 11:39 AM, R3615 said:

Thanks I'm using Launchbox but that beeing an issue I'll have a look at mGalaxy.

Launchbox works just fine with a controller but you do need the premium version to get the best results.

2 hours ago, lordmonkus said:

Launchbox works just fine with a controller but you do need the premium version to get the best results.

I've got the premium licence (thanks to the black friday deal). 

My problem isn't inside the frontend, it's with emulators. I want to be able to go back to the frontend with only my controller (short cut key patern or something)

Lordmonkus thanks you.

I checked that setting and it's working for two emulators I'm using right now.

Need to figure out how to do when I switch from a SNES to a NES controller.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2016 at 0:41 AM, R3615 said:

I've got the premium licence (thanks to the black friday deal). 

My problem isn't inside the frontend, it's with emulators. I want to be able to go back to the frontend with only my controller (short cut key patern or something)

That's what Rocketlauncher and Xpadder are for. All my emulators exit the same way - combo key press and hold on the controller.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived