Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Favorite Controller

painless

Heya! Currently Im using a wired XBOX 1 controller via USB cable. I was wondering what you use for the most part and if you play on a TV or a computer mostly. Mine's on both a laptop/desktop/4k tv

Xbox 1 elite. I really like the ds4 but my computers in the living room on the big screen and I have disconnect/latency issues with it. My actual favorite controller currently is the switch pro controller, but no xinput

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Windows 10. I had to buy a Bluetooth dongle, little insignia, could very well have been the source of the trouble, but when I googled it seemed like a lot of people with different hardware were having it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I am now using my original WII controller + a cheap bluetooth dongle for Dolphin 5. Unfortunately I can not use newer Wii controllers as IO am on Window 7 64bit (refuse to go with Windows 10). These games look awesome with high settings in 4k!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love the DS4 for most gaming. For pure VS Fighting I really like a good Saturn pad though.

Also N64 and Gamecube are just better with the original controllers IMHO because of the odd layout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Currently using wireless XBox 1 & 360 controllers and Wiimotes (in combination with the Dolphin Bar), but i'm thinking of going back to wired controllers as some emulators seem to reset to default settings if i forget to turn on the controller before running the emulator.

In the past I have used both the ps3 controller and the Xbox360, but ever since i switched to the XBOX 1 Windows Controller, mmmm it feels just so solid and well made

Same here, everybody seemed to prefer the X360 over the DS3 controller, but liked the latter more, they were more sturdy and my hands had probably adapted to the form after countless hours on the PS1 and PS2 ;). They were also more sturdy, they still work while i already worn out 4 X360 controllers with much less hours on the clock. The X1 is a different story though, although i really like the improvements made with the DS4 controller as well. But the XBOX controllers are more plug & play with Windows (and i don't have to keep syncing as i have a PS4 but no X1).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love the Xbox 1 wired controller. I personally think it's the best controller ever made. That said, I don't think it quite cuts it for a lot of retro games, so I opt for an 8bitdo SN30 Pro for those. Except Gamecube, gotta go with the OG there. :)

• 3 months later...

I have 2 Xbox360 wired controllers. I have a black and a white one so I know which is player 1 and player 2. I really don't like wireless controllers. Wired is always reliable and ready to go.

I love my SF30 Pro 8bitdo controller when it's working well but the bluetooth connection will randomly start acting up for me every once in a while. I also enjoy the Xbox One controller. However I prefer to use them wired but both of these controllers usb connectors have gotten to the point where the slightest movement will disconnect them for a split second which causes me a lot of problems, especially when it causes the 8bitdo to switch over to bluetooth which changes it's input type.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My favorite so far is the Dualshock 4. The handles feel great in my hands, the D pad is tight and responsive, joysticks are responsive, and buttons are crisp. Being able to use it easily on my PC is the main reason I got it. I got a custom skin for my favorite pokemon and put it on there.

20180111_125038.jpg

• 6 months later...

Archived