Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Amiga recordings

bLAZER

I haven't mentioned 720 (recently). I record 640x512 in the middle of the screen of what WinUAE shows me. Recording with Fraps would be no different. I had a C= 1084S monitor. I'm not 100% but I think I had black bars on that on American games. Anyhow as I've said before, cropping can be done laters.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100 more done bringing the total to 1100 videos!

I also renamed 50 or so files, so you better synch you folder if you want them all to match the WHDLoad names.

Brenry, how do you want them to be?

Cropped to 640 x 400 and left at that size ?

or...

Cropped to 640 x 400 and resized back to 640 x 480 ?

One other thing, isn't the Gods game on your arcade monitor cutting the top off, or is that what your saying ?

(just a bit confused) :sorry:

All this Amiga talk got me curious and I compared blazer, brenry and bigby videos (the 3 B's pardon.gif)...

blazer

blazer.png

brenry

brenry.jpg

bigby

bigby.jpg

I still have my 405 Amiga videos in TSCC, which I did for the Amiga Xtras for the Xbox.

As blazer mentioned, his original TSCC videos can be cropped and resized to look just like brenry's.

Bigby: I just did that resolution on the spur of the moment. It needs the Front and Backporch settings tweaked .. which changes the amount of screen that gets cropped from Overscan.

This is bLazer's project he can do what he wants, I retired last year from it after making a few hundred of them. There are so many of those games... that are just baaad. bLazer deserves a lot of credit for his dedication. Have you checked out the demobase collection? Man the demos groups have done in the last several years for 060 hardware and AGA are mindblowing.

*edit - wow nice 400. Kudos to you :thumbsup: Commodores are truly beautiful machines.

Brenry, how do you want them to be?

Cropped to 640 x 400 and left at that size ?

or...

Cropped to 640 x 400 and resized back to 640 x 480 ?

One other thing, isn't the Gods game on your arcade monitor cutting the top off, or is that what your saying ?

(just a bit confused) :sorry:

• 4 weeks later...

My thoughts are that if the bars are not suppose to be present, then the original source should be cropped to 640 x 400 then have the display size set to 640 x 480.

Which I think basically translates to a SAR of 6:5 and a DAR of 4:3...or I could be wrong and its a matter of setting the correct PAR...whatever the case is...an actual resizing of the video would be the wrong thing to do...as it results in unnecessary damage and increase in file size.

I have yet to dig into this stuff...but using something like FFMpeg should allow us to correct how the video is displayed to where it is correct and where we are not doing any damage other than encoding it.

SAR = Storage Aspect Ratio / Sample Aspect Ratio

DAR = Display Aspect Ratio

PAR = Pixel Aspect Ratio

I'd suggest reading this article...as it directly applies to whats being discussed here.

Just encase the article goes down the command line given as reference is:

ffmpeg.exe -i in.avi -ffmpeg.exe -i in.avi -sws_flags neighbor+full_chroma_inp -s 640x400 -aspect 4:3 -r 30 -vcodec libx264 -vpre slow -vpre baseline -crf 20 -acodec libmp3lame -aq 2 -f mp4 out.mp4 -aspect 4:3 -r 30 -vcodec libx264 -vpre slow -vpre baseline -crf 20 -acodec libmp3lame -aq 2 -f mp4 out.mp4

Now for us the command line would be different given that the source files are already 640x400 so no reason to scale them or apply any filters. So "-sws_flags neighbor+full_chroma_inp -s 640x400" is no longer needed.

ffmpeg.exe -i in.avi -aspect 4:3 -r 30 -vcodec libx264 -vpre slow -vpre baseline -crf 20 -acodec libmp3lame -aq 2 -f mp4 out.mp4

Here is an example of piping the output of FFMpeg into DivX264...and instead of correcting the DAR in FFMpeg we correct the SAR in DivX264.

ffmpeg.exe -i "C:\SomeFolder\MyInput.avi" -s 640x400 -r 30 -f rawvideo -pix_fmt yuv420p - | divx264.exe -i - -y 640x400 -sar 8:5 -fps 30 -qf 22 -o "C:\SomeFolder\MyOutput.264"

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks Circo, by the way I saw that you (or someone else) cropped, stretched, reencoded from lossy video etc. my videos for the official amiga set. That's fine by me, although I won't use them myself. However there's 1404 videos in that set? Who did those other vids? Are those the old ones from esponaneo (or what's his name)?

• 5 months later...

Archived