Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Amiga recordings

bLAZER

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello bLAZER

I'm working at home today and wanted to record some Amiga vids but ....

I'm using Camstasia 7 and winuaeloader 1.72

I select the area that I wanted to record (winuae windowed 720x576) but when I stop to record to preview the vid I have a black screen

The fact is that I can record anything but Winuae .... shame ....

Do you also use Camstasia or other tool to record you vids ?

see ya

Don't use camtasia. Use WinUAE's internal video recorder with the TSCC codec. If you want to help out, I can give you all settings I use, so the whole process (I've set up a lot of automation) can go as smooth as possible. Then you can do a couple of test videos so I can check them, and then play/record away!

Ok, great. The settigns I use in WinUAE launcher is:

720x576 resolution

Resolution: Hires (Normal)

Line Mode: Double

In WinUAE

Sound:

Enabled, 100 % accurate

Sound Buffer size: 4

Channel Mode: Stereo

Stereo Searation: 70%

Interolation: Disabled

Frequency: 48000

Audio Filter: Always off

Outut:

Audio: OCM 48000 khz, 16 bit stereo

Video, Techsmith Screen Cature Codec

Disable frame rate limit: true

Disable sound sync: true

I don't know how you you are with vistrualdub, but if you cut out a 35 secs gamelay and 12 secs title screen and encode them again with TSCC, this time with the option "Better compression", each video usually is only about 10 mb (lossless!).

If you have some questions, just ask.

Thx for settings !

just a question where do you find TSCC codec ? It seems that I haven't this one on my comp' .... :morning2:

It's not free, but I think it's included with Camtasia, what codec do you you with Camtasia?

I made the vid again with Winuae with your configs

I'll post it tomorrow on the ftp hope it'll be ok to make other ones and follow with Amiga set :morning2:

bLAZER -

it is free.

From the aforementioned page .

Video Codec for AVI

TechSmith Capture Codec (TSCC)

Turn your existing screencasts into highly compressed AVI files. The free download includes both the TSCC encoder and decoder for your PC. The TSCC codec does not expire.

Download now

OK, I checked the files and I think you misunderstood a bit.

Upload the tscc-recorded avi-files, also don't bother with editing, just have about 1 minute intereseting gameplay and 15-20 seconds title screen with good part of music and/or title screen greaphics. Otherwise it seems fine (although I can't see if everything's allright since it's an flv), good work.

I might add that when you cut ot the not needed parts in VirtualDub, be sure to use Full processing mode for video and set the TSCC compression farest to the right, Better Compression. That will usually give a file 10-20mb only. Sure, create a folder named "Raw Video" or something. But hold your horses until I see the video is OK, before you start recording like crazy :)

Horses are tired ... :) wheels to complete entire set, vids to help you, kustom wheels because it's cleaner on the cab ... how can I explain that to my deaaaar wife ?! 10 years married 06/17 ...

So I've just created a "FiF" Folder and upped a vid "Mr do run run" (not whdloaded yet but it will come soon :)) changed the compression param to best - hope it'll be ok

Great work! That's perfect :) So go record away all you can now!

A couple of pointers:

• Some WHDLoad/WinUAELoader runs too fast and then I use the ADF-version instead (turning the drive sound off!)
  • Some title screens are skipped/shown very fast in WHDload then I use the ADF-version instead
  • Some games are NTSC (You can skip these for now since I haven't decided how to treat them
  • I have an Excel-document where I marked all games I did, and wrote notes about games that need special treatment for a recording etc. Tell me if you want it (or we could upload it to google docs)
  • Is the recording in WinUAE running OK? If it's too slow, you can record with lowest compression in WinUAE and then compress it with Virtual Dub
  • I Do you know how to use Virtual Dub? If not, I can show you the very basic steps to cut out uneeded parts (so you don't have to upload a 10 minutes long, 290mb big file:)

:)

All runs ok in Winuae, but I don't how to use Virtual Dub .... I'm interrested with the little tuto

Do you wnat I continue the same way ? 2-3 min gameplay and 1min game title ? in avi format ?

Would it be too cheeky to ask for a request?

I know your doing them in order, but im begging you, could I have a harlequin video.

I play this game everyday, and its the one video im missing.

Well you can but ask.

If not , then no problem you are doing a great job and the Amiga games are by far my fav.

Steve

@UKShark Actually I'm not doing them in any order at all... I've created and uploaded the m in batches of 100 though, but I can do Harlequin for you, no problem.

@Fifou, do you wanna record it, or should I? Sure, 2-3 min gameplay and 1 min title is just fine. I'll write down how to do some basic cutting in Virtual Dub soon. Watch this space! :)

Small VirtualDub tutorial:

• Start the program
  • Open the video file or drag'n'drop it to the program
  • Menu: Audio/Full processing Mode
  • Menu: Video/Full processing Mode
  • Menu: Video/Compression (or press CTRL+P) and set it to TechSmith Screen Capture Codec, press Configure and drag slider to the far right

You just have to do the above once every time you start the program

• Now using the mouse or the arrow keys you can navigate in the video. To delete a part from the video: Move to the start where you want to delete. Press HOME-key to set start-point. Then move to the end of the part you want to cut. Press END-key. (The segment should turn blue). Then press DELETE-key. Then do this as many times you want.
  • When you're done, Menu: File/Save as AVI (or press F7). Voila!

To do another video, just load/drag it into the program and cut the parts out and save.

hmm a few questions.

Shouldn't Audio be left to "Direct Stream Copy" since we are not wanting to alter anything.

Further wouldn't it be better to mark what we want to save...then save it...then clear the marks using CTRL+D to clear...then remark a new area?

Hehe I get the feeling I'm going to get pelted with dung. :)

For audio, since we're using uncompressed Wave-sound, I don't think it matters, but to be sure. (Since for example cutting in video without full processing mode, will NOT give the result you want, the cutting will be made at the nearest key frames)

Sure, cutting your way is about the same, doesn't matter... depends if you want to end up with one or two files.

Archived