Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Amiga recordings

bLAZER

Brenry, how do you get the game to fill the screen? Do you use Automatic Scaling in winUAE Filter tab?

Headkaze, why is there no 640 x 480 windowed option in winUAE Loader?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you still making videos Blazer, and what about Brenry?

not me, I got tired of fighting blazer being difficult to work with and moved on to other projects. I dont even know why he's uploading these .flv's if they are unfinished. Circo said he would have to go back and edit them himself to fix them, but blazer says he has the .avi's and wont share access to them to remove the pixel blackness at the bottom. It makes no sense of that being there, even if it was displayed full screen on lcd you have the large wierd borders and squished video. The big issue I had when converting his flv's back to avi, then software stretching, is the quality looked closer to 320x240 at that point.

People use these videos as small thumbnails in FE's and makes even less sense to have that in there distoring the video at small sizes.

As far as the question about full screen. Using Fraps there was no stretching filters applied, that's how it recorded so the pixels are 1:1 ratio giving crisp pixels. The reason his is larger is not because of any quality. It's because he did not change the frame rate to 30 fps like other console sets and is at 50 fps.

Supported sets are 640x480, and that is how they were recorded at using full screen (no window mode).

WOW! I actually have the WHDLoad full romset. Video previews will be a great addition, really great work. I compared Brenys avi previews against Blazers flv previews and they are both great. I do prefer the authentic border look in Blazers previews, they look fine in GameEx, even on a smaller monitor. Either way, both video sets are fantastic so far, keep up the good work guys!

I still have the original lossless videos (TSCC) which I will then convert to avi/xvid when I'm done. Of course it's best to also encode them to xmv/whatever from the original videos then.

Blazer, could you encode these videos to avi so that I can use them for the Xbox, which will be used in the RessurectionXtras Project.

Here is a link explaining what it is all about - RessurectionXtras

I know you said you would when your done, if that is the case, maybe just encode a few samples so that I can see how they would look on the xbox.

Gave it a shot with first converting the tscc avi to wmv with Window Media Encoder, but it couldn't handle TSCC. Do you have some more specific info how to convert to xmv? I googled some and there's not a lot of info/software since xmv is sort of a closed inhouse format my Microsoft.

I had the same problem! What I had to do is convert the lossless TSCC to AVI (Xvid) then to WMV. If you could just encode them to AVI, I could then convert them to WMV later on.

Yep, 64bit - didn't work, tried 32bit and now converts.

Blazer, those tscc vids are 320 x 256. I'm just trying to understand your video creation process.

You record at 720 x 576, right? Then what do you do?

(or are these just samples)

My recording process is:

In WinUAE:

Recording in 720x576

In Vdub:

Crop to 640x512 (which may need some manual adjustments, because all games doesn't center exactly the same)

Resize to 320x256 with nearest neighbour filtering, unless the game have some part of the screen in higer resolution (640x256/640x512) then no resizing is done.

So the end result is a video in either 320x256 or 640x512 with no information loss. Then when reencoding to flv/xvid/whatever one can resize the vids so they have all the same resolution.

Blazer, if I use your settings:

Dislay:

Windowed: 720x576

Line Mode: Double

Resolution: Hires (normal)

No centering, or filter etc.

I get severe slowdown with games.

If I turn null-filter on, I get normal speed but nothing is recorded!

My system:

E6300 core duo @1.86 Ghz

x1900xt GFx Card

2GB Ram

Archived