Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EmuMovies Sync Tool 2.54 Direct Download

With the downloads section Off Line for a few days (It's going to be so worth it btw) I realized that the sync tool was not available for download.  Here you go!

SetupEmuMoviesSync.zip

• Like 2
On 4/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, mehmetfon said:

Can you help me find out where and how I can download the video files in my rom folder.

If you are using the sync app you copy the video files to whatever folder your front end reads them from

i use launchbox is there a way to just sync just the missing snaps or artwork or whatever im syncing with the sync tool once i pick the video folder or image folder it syncs every file missing or not 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2021 at 12:46 AM, j_bennett80 said:

i use launchbox is there a way to just sync just the missing snaps or artwork or whatever im syncing with the sync tool once i pick the video folder or image folder it syncs every file missing or not 

Not really, launchbox renames the files it downloads, but it will also read media downloaded by our sync tool just fine (rom name).  So if you download from sync and copy directly over to the launchbox media folders it will work fine.  This is what I normally do as it's faster.

• 1 month later...

I just got to ask.

If I'm using EMUsync 2.54 and I'm downloading "MAME" for the system, Mame "ROM" folder is the Match for the (Rom) folder and  I make my Launchbox directory the "Download Folder".

Is this how I have manually imported everything?

And another thing. If I do it this way, I saw mentioned that Launchbox will not see the system (rom) imported till I manually do it.

DO WHAT? 

Just a little clarification pls.

27 minutes ago, Hagar800 said:

I just got to ask.

If I'm using EMUsync 2.54 and I'm downloading "MAME" for the system, Mame "ROM" folder is the Match for the (Rom) folder and  I make my Launchbox directory the "Download Folder".

Is this how I have manually imported everything?

And another thing. If I do it this way, I saw mentioned that Launchbox will not see the system (rom) imported till I manually do it.

DO WHAT? 

Just a little clarification pls.

Do not make your launchbox directory the download folder.  They will not match up.  If you are using em sync vs the built in integration in launchbox after the downloads complete you need to copy or move the downloaded content into the correct launchbox media folders in LB.

• Like 1

Great and thanks. So I looked at what was downloaded and there quite a few folders within a "MAME" folder such as:

Advert

Artwork

Artwork preview

background and so on.

There are no corresponding folders in "Launchbox"? Not in mine anyways.

Wait, I just realized you might assumed I have my "MAME" folder within Launchbox. I kept it separate and all those folders do correlate. Since I pointed Retroarch to use the MAMEUI64 executable in that separate folder and where my MAME roms are, is Launchbox going to work with that?

Whew

And the folders are created in say my 2600, 5200 rom folders?

6 hours ago, Hagar800 said:

Great and thanks. So I looked at what was downloaded and there quite a few folders within a "MAME" folder such as:

Advert

Artwork

Artwork preview

background and so on.

There are no corresponding folders in "Launchbox"? Not in mine anyways.

Wait, I just realized you might assumed I have my "MAME" folder within Launchbox. I kept it separate and all those folders do correlate. Since I pointed Retroarch to use the MAMEUI64 executable in that separate folder and where my MAME roms are, is Launchbox going to work with that?

Whew

And the folders are created in say my 2600, 5200 rom folders?

We have more artwork categories than what launchbox uses.  I don't currently have launchbox installed but you kinda just want to set up your system then scrape the categories you need and copy over.  Launchbox will also do it for you internally it just takes a bit longer.  

Hopefully someone with a little more expertise can chime in here.  Last time I set up launchbox on a cab I did it this way but its been two years.  I used standalone MAME though as the RA implementation has only ever given me headaches.

Hi, so long time emumovies user through launchbox premiums integration and Batocera's as well. it's been about 1.5 years since i've needed to download viedos and while it use to work seamlessly if not a little slowly, now i can't figure out how to get launchbox to actually download any of my missing vids for gamecube or ps2 at all. on top of that, i can't even get this dumb "sync" program to find more than a few vids per console and i get stuck with a folder that has only 2 files in it for most of my console collections that say "have" that reads empty and "missing" that has a list of literally every game i queued up to search for so i know it really is identifying them, just returning a result of no videos. For example: PS2 found 6 videos out of 35 games and Gamecube found ZERO out of 120.

i literally JUST paid for the lifetime membership cause i thought vids were no longer in the free tier and it turns out, i'm wrong about that, but maybe everything's just a little broken right now? 

Any help and directions on how to get emumovies to work as seamlessly as it did before this year would be greatly appreciated. I happily paid for automation and now it seems i'm asked to go back to manually downloading vids through some ftp server or some un-integrated to launchbox, sync app799116697_EmuMoviestroubles.GIF.227f224d611698279c8b9f03be19badd.GIF and transferring in a bunch of steps. Headaches.

EmuMovies troubles 2.GIF

13 hours ago, Jasonwinns said:

Hi, so long time emumovies user through launchbox premiums integration and Batocera's as well. it's been about 1.5 years since i've needed to download viedos and while it use to work seamlessly if not a little slowly, now i can't figure out how to get launchbox to actually download any of my missing vids for gamecube or ps2 at all. on top of that, i can't even get this dumb "sync" program to find more than a few vids per console and i get stuck with a folder that has only 2 files in it for most of my console collections that say "have" that reads empty and "missing" that has a list of literally every game i queued up to search for so i know it really is identifying them, just returning a result of no videos. For example: PS2 found 6 videos out of 35 games and Gamecube found ZERO out of 120.

i literally JUST paid for the lifetime membership cause i thought vids were no longer in the free tier and it turns out, i'm wrong about that, but maybe everything's just a little broken right now? 

Any help and directions on how to get emumovies to work as seamlessly as it did before this year would be greatly appreciated. I happily paid for automation and now it seems i'm asked to go back to manually downloading vids through some ftp server or some un-integrated to launchbox, sync app799116697_EmuMoviestroubles.GIF.227f224d611698279c8b9f03be19badd.GIF and transferring in a bunch of steps. Headaches.

EmuMovies troubles 2.GIF

Nothing is changed or broken, you should submit a support ticket along with your missing list and we can check out what the issue is.  And if I were to guess off the top of my head whats broken here I would guess you only have HD videos selected and not HQ as well.  We have made some HD vids but its far from complete.  If you select both it will grab best available.

https://emumovies.com/support/

Any word yet on where to place the downloaded files using EMU Movies sync tool? (after sync has downloaded all the files) to make them show in Launchbox (BigBox)?

And so I don't have to wait painfully slow for Launchbox to do it itself.

Thanks,

Dave

Just going to add to this post. With the lack of response to my request, I must say does not anyone else suffer from the same issue of how to use EMU sync?

It might be faster but if I don't know how to use it or what to do with the files, then what good is it?

Two weeks and "Bueller" "Bueller"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope, Launchbox and EMU still work together albeit, painfully slow. So I paid for the EMUmovies sync capability and now have a bunch of folders I have no idea of how to use them so as to not have to wait on Launchbox and EMU.

Emumovie sync is fast with no place to go.