Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

I have found my new home! YAY! :-D

cleverest

I'm 39 years old....but 10 when it comes to gaming fun and memories :-) I'm so happy to be here!  Emulation has always been a huge part of my computer experience; as I started out with it when the first NES emulators were coming out, very broken implementations; but alive and well with the spirit of hope and excitement.  Fast-forward (to now), and my mind is blown that so many systems now enjoy incredible emulation....recently discovered how far PS2 emulation has come and it blows my mind, because I used to struggle to get SNES games to even PLAY or genesis games to have any audio!

...One thing however I've always been lazy (and lame) with, is front-ends, interfaces, etc...My goals here are to A.) contribute how I can and B.) get a front-end interface up that combines as many emulators as I can + STEAM, playable and awesome.

Also I have the complete Exodos and his 300+ GB Windows 3.1 release, forget the name) game packages...I realize nothing interfaces ALL of these others WITH those, but it would be awesome to get something front-end together for everything else at least.

I have a ton of CONTENT, arcade, console and computer wise...stuff I've been collecting and updating my collection since it all started, probably in 94-96, should I try to figure out how EmuMovies Sync works and start there?

Is there a walk-through / step-by-step tutorial available that I missed to take a large collection and transform it into an organized playable masterpiece?  

Thanks everyone, it's nice to be here!  I will be contributing as much as I can in the coming days/weeks/eons...

- Brett, aka "cleverest"  

• Like 2

I use LaunchBox as my front-end its incredibly user friendly .

Simply Austin made a good review and set up guide but its a little outdated now. LaunchBox has come a long way since this video and has many new features.

• Like 1

Nice to see someone so enthusiastic. When I found Hyperspin and saw what it could do for the first time, I was blown away. Launchbox is also very good, especially if you like frequent updates. The one constant that you should use no matter what your front end is though , is rocketlauncher. There really is no other program that can tie everything together so nicely.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great! Thanks everyone!

First, I will probably try Hyperspin with Rocketlauncher ....in the process of setting it up now and learning its quirks...seems to be the ideal platform if I had an actual arcade unit with control sticks, etc..but still seems fun on an actual PC too...

I may try Launchbox / RetroArch next though (wanting to install it and a limited ROM set on a Raspberry PI 3 soon so that will probably help to know...) but I'll see which one I really like after I get Hyperspin configured...Hyperspin definitely has the WOW factor when it comes to selecting your system and game (previewing it) in the bag....  :-)

So I've gone the RocketLaunch / Hyperspin route....starting to figure it out...what a beast...when things start to work, can't help but crack a smile.

IS anyone aware of an option / addon that allows you to launch and play the actual game WITHIN the preview graphics window that the video snaps play in? I can see very limited use for that, but for the portable systems where graphics/art don't block the screen for example, it sort of makes sense...would be fun to try...

Thanks.

- Brett

2 hours ago, cleverest said:

So I've gone the RocketLaunch / Hyperspin route....starting to figure it out...what a beast...when things start to work, can't help but crack a smile.

IS anyone aware of an option / addon that allows you to launch and play the actual game WITHIN the preview graphics window that the video snaps play in? I can see very limited use for that, but for the portable systems where graphics/art don't block the screen for example, it sort of makes sense...would be fun to try...

Thanks.

- Brett

As far as I know that has not been done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 20-4-2018 at 12:07 PM, Koonuxx said:

I really love Launch Box, so i moved onto Big Box, the customization and community is just great

Agreed, i don't know about the current state as i just got back into it, but i liked the fact that the developer is so active in his community. Love the devotion to making it a great experience.