Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MAME 166 Video Snap Update *Still Going*

Circo

Circo

Is there any plans to update the mame video set on the FTP server to 0.152. I note the last update was made for the Mame 0.148 release back in Apeil 2013.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Dariusz.

Videos in the FTP aren't for 0.148, there have been lots of updates after that (just read through this thread). I don't think all files are properly named to match a particular version anymore though.

Current set should be for 0.152 except for the games in joe35car's post above.

Hi Brolly

Thank you for the update.

I just hope Circo or someone else can then rename the directory on the FTP server to match the current version status.

Thank you.

Dariusz

Hi Brolly

Thank you for the update.

I just hope Circo or someone else can then rename the directory on the FTP server to match the current version status.

Thank you.

Dariusz

I'm working on the update now and will rename when uploaded :)

Btw Circo, you should run MAMERenSet on the FTP folder everytime a new update comes out otherwise you'll get a few files with wrong names on each release. I see joe is posting renames on his updates list and there should be no need to do that since it can all be done automatically.

Btw Circo, you should run MAMERenSet on the FTP folder everytime a new update comes out otherwise you'll get a few files with wrong names on each release. I see joe is posting renames on his updates list and there should be no need to do that since it can all be done automatically.

I have been just adding the renamed ones as he tells me.  I leave the old one in there for folks using older mame sets.  There really isnt that many of them but it does keep it a bit backwards compatible.

Actually MameRenSet will run the naming backwards if so desired. So one can go from 0.152 to 0.148 if they like.

The only downside is if a prior set requires a file that got deleted when going to the latest set. Course deleted in this context should be a separate folder and not actually deleted...if I recall correctly. However I don't believe I have any code in place to check the deleted folder...to add back an asset upon rolling back...hmm maybe an update will happen to MameRenSet. :)

If a game was deleted I doubt it was ever playable in the first place so chances of a video existing for it are very slim. But sure, an update would be welcome :)

Nologic is correct, there is no point of keeping older sets for compatibility sake, you should only keep a set with the latest version and it's up to the users to use MameRenSet if they are on an older version.

Right now current set on the ftp is kind of messy since the naming isn't really matching any MAME version you have romnames there that don't exist anymore. You can't simply use MameRenSet directly now due to this, but once fixed it will be super easy to keep it clean. See what I mean here:

http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/topic/8005-dat-file-for-mame-video-snaps-480p-v0150151/

Nice to see you posting again Nologic ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Circo

Thank you for your help resolving my FTP issue the other day.

I was investigation to determine if the Mame 480p video snaps have been updated to the latest Mame version.

I note that on the FTP, the Mame 240p video snaps have been updated to Mame 0.152 on the 20140301, but the Mame 480p video snaps are still at Mame 0.148 dated 20130408.

Will the Mame 480p video snaps be updated to Mame 0.152 in the near future?

D.

Hi Circo

Thank you for your help resolving my FTP issue the other day.

I was investigation to determine if the Mame 480p video snaps have been updated to the latest Mame version.

I note that on the FTP, the Mame 240p video snaps have been updated to Mame 0.152 on the 20140301, but the Mame 480p video snaps are still at Mame 0.148 dated 20130408.

Will the Mame 480p video snaps be updated to Mame 0.152 in the near future?

D.

• 1 month later...

Hi! I'm having difficulty finding the videos for svgpcb and theglad...

It looks like they were added, but I'm unsure where to find them.

Hypersync doesn't download them, and I can't seem to find them on the FTP here...

Thanks!

Updated and moved list here.

Videos that need to be redone or missing using mame155. (The Player's Edge games are all parents not clones)

cgold - missing - Caribbean Gold needs some trivial input changes, as currently it has a logic door error on boot, however if you hit the coin input the error goes away and allows you to key in to perform a memory reset and finally coin up.

cgold2 - missing

fhunter - missing

gunnrose - missing

pex0538p - Can not find this in 155

pexmp002 Can not find this in 155

pexmp003 Can not find this in 155
pexmp004 Can not find this in 155

ace snapshot

post-5505-0-96414100-1409185252.png

Edited by Circo
Updating Progress

There aren't that many games for those so I don't think Circo will be very mad. 100 times better than doing all those Player's Edge videos :)

FX-1 Games:

ftimpcta

gdarius2

mgcldtex

psyforce

raystorm

sfchamp

G-NET games:

chaoshea

flipmaze

gobyrc cant get past calibration

kollon

mahjngoh

nightrai

otenamih

otenamhf

otenki boot sequence loops, can't get into game

psyvaria

psyvarrv

raycris

shangtou

shanghss

shikigam

soutenry

sianniv boot sequence loops, can't get into game

spuzbobl

usagi

xiistag

zokuoten

zooo

Not exactly sure if all the games have music though, but I'm guessing they do.

First the HL update and only afterwards I'll start on the XML update.

There's still no renameSET or Catver32 for .153 so I need to wait anyway.

Edited by Circo
Updating Progress
  • Like 1

Yeah, just saw it. Now get me Catver32 :)

RenameSET is the most important one anyway, I can do it without Catver, but having it up to date will help out with the process.

• 3 months later...

I note that the Emumovie FTP server still has the mame video set for 0.148 and not 0.153.

Is there a reason for this?

I also note that there is a hypersync tool is available now to download emumovies. Is the hypersync tool more up to date than the FTP server? ie. Will hypersync be up to date with the mame 0.153 video set?

Also I note that to be able to download videos using hypersync, I will need to have the latest xml file(s) for an emulator (ie. mame). Is there a location (ie. emumovies ftp server or other web site location) where I can source latest xml files for emulators?

D

• 2 weeks later...