Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MAME 166 Video Snap Update *Still Going*

Circo

If you check my list:

dsfdcta (no gameplay video, error screen?) (Couldn't figure how to start even with the instructions...)

I was hoping joe would have the nvram for it since he seems to have nvrams to pretty much all the games, if he doesn't I guess we are out of luck. I spent quite some time trying to figure how to run it as well, but couldn't make it as I have no clue what's the game and install carts the instructions refer to.

So you're back on the video making Circo?

If you check my list:

dsfdcta (no gameplay video, error screen?) (Couldn't figure how to start even with the instructions...)

I was hoping joe would have the nvram for it since he seems to have nvrams to pretty much all the games, if he doesn't I guess we are out of luck. I spent quite some time trying to figure how to run it as well, but couldn't make it as I have no clue what's the game and install carts the instructions refer to.

So you're back on the video making Circo?

I just didn't want to download the chd but will and give it a try. Yes Circo been updating the list on page 10.

I asked on mameworld for the nvram and got one but still stuck. This one I got further then on my own but still no luck maybe you can try it until I see if I can get a working one. If you think you messed up just delete the nvram and reinstall it and try again.

dsfdcta.zip

I asked on mameworld for the nvram and got one but still stuck. This one I got further then on my own but still no luck maybe you can try it until I see if I can get a working one. If you think you messed up just delete the nvram and reinstall it and try again.

I tried it and it worked like a charm!

Yeah no luck for me either with that one, also got stuck, but ended up starting fresh and managed to figure it out, good way to waste half an hour of my time lol working nvram is attached to this post.

Btw joe, do you keep a copy of those nvram files you have been sending to Circo when he is making the videos? If you still have them somewhere I could use them too as some of the games can be pretty confusing to setup.

Nice to see you back Circo, I was starting to miss seeing you around.

dsfdcta.zip

lol

Now I see Circo also managed to get it work, I couldn't make it work with the posted nvram though, doesn't really matter now all is good now and the video can be done that's what matters.

In game options make sire its set to game cartridge.  It may be helpful to post those nvram files in the download section.

I'm stumped I started the game then after it did the first download part I changed it to game cartridge then move the cursor to the left side and started it and then it loaded it again but I still can't load the game. :(

Never-mind I got it. :)

Yeah no luck for me either with that one, also got stuck, but ended up starting fresh and managed to figure it out, good way to waste half an hour of my time lol working nvram is attached to this post.

Btw joe, do you keep a copy of those nvram files you have been sending to Circo when he is making the videos? If you still have them somewhere I could use them too as some of the games can be pretty confusing to setup.

Nice to see you back Circo, I was starting to miss seeing you around.

I have 579 nvram files in my folder (2GB). Which roms are you having a hard time to load?

I'm not having problems with a particular rom, but once in a while when you start the odd game you'll have to do a complex setup process like this one, if we had the nvram files already this could be skipped. I know you came across a few when checking the missing videos and sent some to Circo to speed up the process, I was hoping you'd still have those around.

I usually can figure how to get the games to start, it's just a bit annoying when you have to spend several minutes to try a game and usually play it for less than 5 minutes and never touch it again :)

I'm not having problems with a particular rom, but once in a while when you start the odd game you'll have to do a complex setup process like this one, if we had the nvram files already this could be skipped. I know you came across a few when checking the missing videos and sent some to Circo to speed up the process, I was hoping you'd still have those around.

I usually can figure how to get the games to start, it's just a bit annoying when you have to spend several minutes to try a game and usually play it for less than 5 minutes and never touch it again :)

Yes I still have them all. Example of another hard one was super grand safari (sgsafari)

294502-sgsafari.zip

invrvnge - redo this game has no sound and also they removed the color overlay. 0.147u2: Andrew Welburn added 'Invader's Revenge (set 1)' and clones (set 2) and (Game World, single PCB). hap removed Invader's Revenge color overlay, it doesn't have one. Hook up color prom. Disable the overlay before you make the video in the TAB settings. I attached a screen shot. 

I disabled the overlay (and everything else) and its still in color. 

heya joe. Give this one a shot

whoops i think i upped the wrong one.

ok better skip this one for now joe, Error 71 and wont go past the screen

Mametesters is down right now so I will wait and see if there is a bug for these or if it needs to be reported. Homepage mame also down to see if there is a specific way to load these.

Edit: I got the poker games to work :) not sure the nvram will work but I can upload it. I believe the save state is saving it also.

Please post the nvram, how did you manage to get it working? The instructions did nothing for me, game just sit at the main screen and wouldn't take any input.

Didn't work without the save state, it went a bit further than the Error 71, but eventually I get and ON/OFF error alongside with a constant beeping and it goes no further.

I tried with the save state (activated auto save too), but it errors out when loading it saying the save state has an invalid header, don't know why this is happening?

Didn't work without the save state, it went a bit further than the Error 71, but eventually I get and ON/OFF error alongside with a constant beeping and it goes no further.

I tried with the save state (activated auto save too), but it errors out when loading it saying the save state has an invalid header, don't know why this is happening?

Delete the sta and nvrwm and do a fresh nvram install. I forgot the exact thing I did but kept hitting 9 0 o and plus minus buttons and it finally loaded. Also I hit f3 a few times.