Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MAME 166 Video Snap Update *Still Going*

Circo

• 4 weeks later...
Cannot seem to find Punchout or Super Punchout mp4's for the life of me. Cant find them on your FTP or am I missing some labeling issue in my XML for those two.

I just looked on the FTP and both are there mp4 480p. punchout spnchout

I have been going back and checking every working game and I'm on letter Z. I added a few to the list because I know you miss making videos. :)

OK I finished going back and once you do my list the ones Brolly mentioned and some of the vertical ones you up-converted we should have a complete set. :) I would like to see you redo the vector games with the settings I mentioned before because it is so hard to see game play in the videos.

Where do you have those settings joe? I'd like to give them a try. How do the games compare with the same game running in AAE? I played around with settings for vector games before in Mame, but was never able to make them look as good as in AAE.

Where do you have those settings joe? I'd like to give them a try. How do the games compare with the same game running in AAE? I played around with settings for vector games before in Mame, but was never able to make them look as good as in AAE.

Actually AAE is dead and not so good. Mame has been working on adding bloom effects in the hlsl (bloom.fx) but not implemented as of now. I am just using the settings screen Gamma 3.000, Contrast 2.000, Brightness 1.000 in the slider control in the tab settings. I like these for now until mame uses the bloom effects.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=302526&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Another example using these settings with ESB

post-5505-0-23522700-1361244917.png

Thanks, yeah I know AAE is dead, besides the latest release has a nasty bug with joysticks that renders it useless on my system so I need to use update 1.1 only and most likely will never be fixed. Thus why I wanted to see if I could get Mame running these nicely, but I was never able to get them to look as sharp as in AAE. I'll try your settings and see how it goes, I tried several different ones already, but always like AAE looks better.

EDIT: Just tested it and it's no good to me, I tried playing around with those options before, there's no glow option for example and without it vector games will never look any good or close to the real thing. There were some developments way back:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=253918&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=

But they never got added to the Mame core, I guess I'll have to wait to see what will come out from hlsl, meanwhile I'll stay with AAE for vector games even though it's not perfect, the trail effect is a bit too much for example, they look much closer to the real deal.

Thanks, yeah I know AAE is dead, besides the latest release has a nasty bug with joysticks that renders it useless on my system so I need to use update 1.1 only and most likely will never be fixed. Thus why I wanted to see if I could get Mame running these nicely, but I was never able to get them to look as sharp as in AAE. I'll try your settings and see how it goes, I tried several different ones already, but always like AAE looks better.

EDIT: Just tested it and it's no good to me, I tried playing around with those options before, there's no glow option for example and without it vector games will never look any good or close to the real thing. There were some developments way back:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=253918&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=

But they never got added to the Mame core, I guess I'll have to wait to see what will come out from hlsl, meanwhile I'll stay with AAE for vector games even though it's not perfect, the trail effect is a bit too much for example, they look much closer to the real deal.

No problem I just mentioned these settings to maybe redo the videos in mame because under the default settings they are so hard to see. Hopefully in the year 2013 we will see some glowing effects in mame.

It does look much better than with the default Mame settings which suck that's for sure, but not having a vector glow setting is a big let down to me.

Same here but like I said at least it's being worked on still. :) (bloom.fx)

http://git.redump.net/mame/diff/?id=9271614d7e8dd528495a3ac19205fc510f63d04d

http://git.redump.net/mame/commit/?id=9271614d7e8dd528495a3ac19205fc510f63d04d

OK enough talk about vector settings we need Circo to get back to work on these snap videos. lol

@ Brolly

I think this is what you were thinking of? lol http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=270989&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1. I forgot I have it looks ok has the glowing in it. I attached the exe so you can try it out. You can go in the tab menu and make adjustments in the slider controls. I attached a screen shot for asteroids deluxe. The build in mame 142 so you might have to rebuild some of your vector roms and see if you like this over AAE until a new mame comes out that supports the glowing. I think we will see this in 2013. :)

mamevec.exe

post-5505-0-24073900-1361467325_thumb.pn

Yeah that's it, I grabbed the diff, but ended up never testing it. I think you can compile it with up to 144u4 after that it won't work.

Thanks for uploading a compiled exe I'll give it a quick try and see how it compares to AAE, hopefully roms for vector games didn't change since 142. Still hoping to see glow and trail effects in Mame one day, if it's this year that would be great :)

Just gave it a try, glow effects look nice and overall it looks good, it's hard to tweak the settings as you can end up with really bad looking games.

I still prefer the AAE looks though, but this might be a good alternative to play the games that don't run in AAE.

@ Circo

Here is a pic of buck roger that I think looks nice for snap video. I couldn't take a snapshot because it doesn't show up when I take it so I just took a picture with my camera.

I'm not a huge fan of this one, but I have started working on an artwork included set as well that I could put that in.

I'm not a huge fan of this one, but I have started working on an artwork included set as well that I could put that in.

No problem, nice to see you back to work on these because I know you missed it. :teehee:

@ Circo

dsfdcta - redo no game play at all - Can't seem to get into game - Circo

Sorry I don't have the CHD and don't want it lol. I think this was from Brolly's list. Maybe ask him for the nvram file.

@ Circo

dsfdcta - redo no game play at all - Can't seem to get into game - Circo

Sorry I don't have the CHD and don't want it lol. I think this was from Brolly's list. Maybe ask him for the nvram file.

I tried to get it to run based on instructions but I just gave up after an hour.  Brolly if you have an nvram file can you attach it to a reply?