Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MAME 166 Video Snap Update *Still Going*

Circo

I have that checked to use clones but the parent name is moomesa. The theme name in hyperspin is moo. I had to copy the video and rename it to moo for the video to show up. I have the themes synced with mame. Also I am having a hard time to launch aladdin in hyperspin. Says the rom is not there but it works in command line and also in mala and mameui. (aladmdb)

The hyperspin is theme is named wrong for that game. The parent name is moomesa but the theme is named moo. I have to change the name of the snap video to moo for it to work. I can't change the name of the theme.

uh? What db are you using, did you grab the .148 db from HyperList? moomesa video works fine, and there's no moo on the db so I'm assuming you're using the db that came bundled with HS, that's old very very old.

where can I get the new DB? I'm a noob to hyperspin.

Edit: I found it. :)

Is there a mame148u3 xml DB? If not how to I create one? I deleted some on the DB I D/L like roms that are test. Example: 30 test, qbert board test, konami test board and test tape.

Thanks

I only update the db on every major update as the process requires a bit of work. You can create a db from your romset using HyperROM2XML, but you'll loose all the extra info like genres, etc. RomLister can also export directly to HS format.

Yeah I need to remove some stuff from the db, I always keep forgetting about it, actually if you have a list of test roms and such please send it to me.

30 Test isn't a test board though, it's an actual game, it requires an overlay and clickable artwork though. This is the real machine:

http://blog.kei.pucchimoni.jp/?eid=776392

And on Haze's blog you can see there seems to be a layout for it (scroll down), but I can't find it anywhere:

http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2012-a-year-in-mame/

Maybe you know where it can be found?

OK I didn't know 30 test was an actually game. Would be cool to get rid of the others. I only found 6 more. Qbert board test (qbtrkst), test tape (ctcttape), konami test tape, (kontest), galaxian test rom, (tst_galx), sente diagnostic cartridge (sentetst), and deco cassette system (decocass). I will look for that artwork for 30 test. I deleted them on my end. :)

EDit:  Also tst_invd remove.

Thanks joe, those will be removed on the next updated.

About 30test, I read a bit more about it and it uses an internal layout, this is included in the MAME sources so it doesn't seem to require any external files, you can see it here:

http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/layout/index.html

Thing is I have no idea on how to activate it, I'd assume this would show up by default but that doesn't happen.

• 3 weeks later...

@Brolly

Was curious if you are going to add some fruit machine that are marked working in the next DB for mame. Example of one is Dr. Who The Timelord and the clones. It's marked working and has artwork.

There are no plans to add mechanical games to the db anytime soon, right now all mechanical games (Fruit Machines or PinMAME) are filtered out from the db regardless being playable or not.

Most persons use MFME or Visual Pinball to emulate these anyway.

@ Circo

I know you have other things to do besides mame videos but the list is getting a little long in the tooth again. :) I think the next stable release will be next month to 149

@ Brolly

I think you should remove the megatech.c games in the next release from the DB of mame149. All these games are marked not working. 48 games in all unless of course they get marked working in the next release which I highly doubt. :)

post-5505-0-74672900-1369679911_thumb.pn

They are actually added because someone at the HS forums complained about them being missing from the db and told me they worked just fine even though they are marked as non-working.

I did test a few and didn't see anything wrong with them, so why exactly are they marked as non-working?

I'm not sure but just leave them in there since they seem to work I will ask someone why they are marked not working.

The actual bios rom that makes it a "megatech" machine, the one which deals with coins and timing out when time expires and selecting installed games isn't functioning 100%. Until that time, all games for this machine are NOT_WORKING even if the games themselves seem to work working when played like normal genesis/megadrive games.

http://www.mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php?title=GNW#megatech

Great find, had no idea such a page even existed!

But if that's the case, then I'll leave them in the db as you can play the games anyway even if the timeout isn't working properly.

@ Brolly

Try these setting for astdelux ini. You will have to change the rom path and artwork path or just copy the settings to the one you have. Getting a little closer to AAE

ps. You have to be using mame148u5 or just compile to the newest svn which I did. :)

astdelux.zip