Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Spectrum Video Snaps

billyc99

Im going to start of the zx spectrum snaps this weekend, but due to the 4801 there is to do, im hoping somebody might like to help. I can sort the essential files in packs of 100's

any help appreciated

(mod let me know if post is ok or if you want me to edit it)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently finishing off the ScummVM videos at the moment but will happily help out on the Spectrum snaps as soon as I'm finished. Have you pushed any to the FTP yet that I can use as reference regarding length / length of title etc.?

My ScummVM snaps are here if you wanted to take a look:

/Upload Here/the_poon/SCUMMVM/Videos

Cheers.

:)

I don't have acess to the ftp yet , but will have soon. I think brolly wants the 32 second game sanp so they can be trimmed to 30. then titles may be loading or menus for 7 seconds that will be trimmed to 5 seconds, titles aren't a problem as I have it all setup at my end to automate them ,thanks to a script by brolly,  we have to just work out what will work best for this. so it will be just game sanps needed

thank you for you offer of helping out much apreciated

I'm currently finishing off the ScummVM videos at the moment but will happily help out on the Spectrum snaps as soon as I'm finished. Have you pushed any to the FTP yet that I can use as reference regarding length / length of title etc.?

My ScummVM snaps are here if you wanted to take a look:

/Upload Here/the_poon/SCUMMVM/Videos

Cheers.

:)

I just had a thought. There is no official xml or even a dat (other than the +3 dat on the No-Intro site). How are these files being named, where are you starting from and how far have you got? I don't want to double up!

I cant tell you that , at the moment im sending them to brolly ready for the title snaps, which ill do after I have gone through the remaining files I have   ive got a 1000+ done upto now and they come to about 12 gig  so I assume he is re-encoding them

Probably FTP only, but that will be up to Circo to decide.

Billy can definitely use some help with this set since the number of games is kinda insane.

yep definitely could do with help :-)

**update** just short of 1600 gameplay vids done, title snaps next then brolly can piece them together

Hello I want to help, but i dont have ftp access.

I've made the 3d covers for this system in HS forum (brolly knows my work) and I would love to help with video snaps on emumovies.

How can I help?

What is the software you are using ? fraps? can I use another?

How about the encoding? is it xvid? mp4?

How about the emulator used?

What script are you using?

How about editing the video?

You only need gameplay video?

Give me details and i will help you finishing this.

What titles have you already done?

We should share a list so we don't duplicate the work.

Best regards

JViegas

Don't know if you are already in contact with Billy, I see he answered you at the HS forums, but follow these guidelines:

http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/topic/2547-video-submission-guidelines-and-tutorial-2011-version-basic/

You can use fraps or camtasia whatever works best for you to capture at 60fps without hiccups. Circo prefers Fraps, but Camtasia works better for me as it's not that taxing on the system.

No need to edit anything, just do gameplay videos with a bit over 30 seconds and title videos with a bit over 5 seconds as separate avi files. The editing and mp4 encoding will be done afterwards.

not sure if brolly is uploading them , ive forwarded all the gameplays ive done upto now to him, just gonna start on the titles and hopefully he can get them passed on to you

They will need some editing first Circo as they are longer than the usual 30 seconds, I'll prepare everything first and will upload afterwards ready for you to encode them.

Btw you might want to move the current Spectrum videos out of the official set, don't know where they came from, but the quality is way below Emumovies standards, besides missing the title screens.

heres a new list of vids to do, 2092 left from the 4800+ vids needed

ive got another 1000 separated for me to do, after I finish the remaining title snaps for the first 1500 vids , but some volunteers would be a great help

file_list.txt

heres a new list of vids to do, 2092 left from the 4800+ vids needed

ive got another 1000 separated for me to do, after I finish the remaining title snaps for the first 1500 vids , but some volunteers would be a great help

I don't understand this list, you need help for title snaps or gameplay snaps ?

Archived