Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Spectrum Video Snaps

billyc99

And i've done it the first 100 gameplay vids.

They've become 2,6 GB.

Where can I upload them?

From the list I've gave before I couldn't do 2 games:

Gauntlet III - The Final Quest (Europe).tzx

Mission Impossible (Europe).tzx

The first one I can't load tape b, the second I can't play that game at all.

I don't understand what are the keys or what is the purpose of the game.

Please help making the gameplay capture for those two.

I upgraded your account status to Content Contributor. You now have ftp access and can upload to the Upload Here folder.

Cheers!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I upgraded your account status to Content Contributor. You now have ftp access and can upload to the Upload Here folder.

Cheers!

Thanks Circo.

I've created a folder on Upload Here\jviegas\zx spectrum\1\ where I'm uploading the 1st set.

After I finish the 2nd set I'll create a folder Upload Here\jviegas\zx spectrum\2\ and so on.

Inside Zx Spectrum folder I'll create a folder for each set.

I have a question. I have done the gameplay snaps billy has done the title snaps.

Now who will crop, merge and code the videos? Circo? Brolly?

Brolly and I might end up double teaming this.  With cropping needing to be done it could amount to an epic undertaking unless it's the same crop for all games.  I'll have to take a look to know for sure, if the crop is the same it will just be a few simple batch jobs.

You mean cropping or trimming?

I'm trimming billy's videos, but I'm not doing any cropping as they are already cropped as far as I can tell. I guess I need to download a few of your videos tonight to see what you mean.

it will be trimming ive checked and the video aspect is the same as mine as far as I can tell :)

A little tip, you can make rzx files to record from, this will allow you to create unlimited save points that you can keep rewinding to if you go wrong.

This is great to make perfect gameplay videos every time without having to keep restarting. See a site called rzxarchive to see what they look like.

If you are using spectaculator press alt+ f8 and select rzx then OK then when ready press insert key on keyboard ,this is your first save point ,then again when you feel it maybe a good time to save again press insert, if you die or make a mistake press the del key an it will rewind to the last place you pressed the insert key. Once done you can stop the rzx recording in the control menu of spectaculator , you then just play the file back in spectaculator and record with screen capture software you are using

A good example where it comes in handy watch the mission impossible vid I did for you ,I probably died 50 times but it just looks like I played it all with ease

You mean cropping or trimming?

I'm trimming billy's videos, but I'm not doing any cropping as they are already cropped as far as I can tell. I guess I need to download a few of your videos tonight to see what you mean.

I meant cropping, but I havent looked at them yet. If they are properly cropped and trimmed it would take me about half an hour to process. :)

Cropping is done, they only need to be trimmed. I can do that since I'm already doing it for billy's videos.

jviegas: Is it safe to assume all the videos you made are around 1 min. or longer?

In average they have around 1 min or longer, but there are a few games they they have around 50 sec and others around 40 sec.

If you donwload them to your computer and on Windows Explorer you change the view to details you can see their length and know the ones I'm talking about.

how you getting on jviegas? ive just about done 500 new ones , still got around 550 to go through , but if your close with the ones your doing, ill do the titles for them, ive already sorted the roms ready

how you getting on jviegas? ive just about done 500 new ones , still got around 550 to go through , but if your close with the ones your doing, ill do the titles for them, ive already sorted the roms ready

Well I've been sick so my mind isn't on gameplay snaps. Sorry.

However I'm not stoped. I'm doing more slowly then last set.

So far I've done 80 gameplays.

• 2 weeks later...

you're fast...

I have my set almost done. Maybe tomorrow I'll have all done and uploaded.

But my set is only 250.

Listen you could publish a list of what games are missing.

Onde question, Where are the finished videos for zx Spectrum?

Is there a folder with them?

these ones are fast because they are text based adventures, I only need to use a walkthrough for them, im sure the last 1600 will be slower.

brolly has the videos trimming them before sending to circo to re-encode I think he has nearly done the first batch so hopefully they should be upped soon

great news on your set btw

I've finished my set.

This file you've uploaded is considering the ones you've choosen?

I mean your choosen games are in the list or you have taken them out?

cool good to hear you have finished yours, ill get the titles done for them ones

the list doesn't contain the ones im doing , I just selected all the remaining a to g games and t to z , should keep me busy for a while as some games are just weird and need a bit of figuring out im hoping to have them done within a month though

Yeah, fantastic work guys this set is moving at cruise speed :)

And to think we basically didn't have any Spectrum videos before.

jviegas, you can upload that 2nd batch to the FTP if you want I'm almost done with the editing for stage 1. Just need to process a bit over 100 videos from billy that needed to be remade.

Then I'll jump into the 2nd batch of videos you and billy made.

brolly I'm having some trouble with my internet connection.It's always breaking down.

The assistant guy will come to my house friday night to see and to solve the problem (I hope).

So until then I can't upload the set. But I promise that as soon as my connection issue is solved, I will upload the set.

I've forgot to do some gameplays, I'm missing only one that I'm making at the end of the day.

However, I'm starting to upload the ones I've done.

But I had some issues that couldn't do all the games I said I would do:

Cricket (Europe).tzx    There are a lot of game with this name. That is the brand for this game?

Tennis (Europe).tzx     There are a lot of game with this name. That is the brand for this game?

Name                                    Issue
Apocalypse Expansion Volume 1 (Side A) (Europe).tzx            Add-on for Apocalypse
Apocalypse Expansion Volume 2 - Chapter 1 (Side A) (Europe).tzx        Add-on for Apocalypse
Apocalypse Expansion Volume 2 - Chapter 2 (Side A) (Europe).tzx        Add-on for Apocalypse
Confrontation (Europe).tzx                        Didn't understand the game
Confrontation Scenarios - Volume 1 (Europe).tzx                Didn't understand the game
Confrontation Scenarios - Volume 2 (Europe).tzx                Didn't understand the game
Empires - Player 1 (Side A) (Europe).tzx                Game start error
Empires - Player 2 (Side A) (Europe).tzx                Game start error
Empires - Player 3 (Side A) (Europe).tzx                Game start error
Empires - Umpire Strikes Back, The (Side A) (Europe).tzx        I can't run the game
Endzone - 87f Rosters (Side A) (Europe).tzx                I can't run the game
Endzone - 88e Program (Side A) (Europe).tzx                I can't run the game
Endzone - 88e Rosters (Side A) (Europe).tzx                I can't run the game
Endzone - 89e Rosters (Side A) (Europe).tzx                I can't run the game
Endzone - 90f Program (Side A) (Europe).tzx                I can't run the game
Endzone - 90f Rosters (Side A) (Europe).tzx                I can't run the game
European Champions (Europe).tzx                        Game freezes
Football Director II (Europe).tzx                    Game freezes
Krazy Kong + Panic Island (Europe).tzx                    Game freezes
Laser Squad Expansion Kit One (Side A) (Europe).tzx            Update Files
Soccer Rivals (Europe).tzx                        Game error
Star Trek - The Computer Program (Europe).tap                Game error

The list counts 24 games that I couldn't do.

Please can you help me making these?

Archived