Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Download Service Beta Testing

Circo

Just reiterating myself at this point, while updating Nintendo 64 video snaps a good chunk of roms didn't have a video downloaded. I'm doubting at this point that just listing the games off probably isn't help so I won't bothering doing it. Anyways if there is anything you would like me to report on as I move through all of my collection let me know and I will. Also I'm not sure what kind of time-frame was set upon

I'm almost finished with my Gameboy Color audit/update, i'll do snes next. After i'm done will you test again?
but just let me know that it's ready to be tested and I will try it out.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it., but I get an error .

search error: maximum free downloads for this system and media

Believe its because it shows me only as a member when it should show lifetime member.

Would be cool if it would remember your asset and system location. Then you only need to set up each system once,.

I like it., but I get an error .

search error: maximum free downloads for this system and media

Believe its because it shows me only as a member when it should show lifetime member.

Would be cool if it would remember your asset and system location. Then you only need to set up each system once,.

I fixed your group, your a lifetime member again

Hi, I am a registered user of GameEx and Emumovies and in GameEx it's included the Download Service Utility 0.6.3. I tried to login with my username and password but it says "Login failure". I tried with my complete email also.

How can I fix the problem? I want to use this great utility.

Thanks.

Hi, I am a registered user of GameEx and Emumovies and in GameEx it's included the Download Service Utility 0.6.3. I tried to login with my username and password but it says "Login failure". I tried with my complete email also.

How can I fix the problem? I want to use this great utility.

Thanks.

It wont work with your email, ill pm you the correct login.

Just thought of something, For those of you who have your forum account saved in your browser. Your display name and your login name are not necessarily one in the same, depending on how you set it up. You may have forgotten what your actually logging in with on the forum.

I fixed your group, your a lifetime member again

Thanks Circo.

Will the download service updates to new versions be automatic. Or do I need to download each time.

To available media can you add 3D boxes, Controls, system video and snap and nstructions

Also I have a problem with when the update service is download when I'm not at the computer, it lets the computer go inti hypernation mode and it stiops downloading.

Hi Circo

I have just tried using the latest version of the download service (6.3), and I have a few questions I hope you can answer:

1. My interest lie with MAME FLV videos. In the past (along time ago) I had downloaded from you FTP service FLV HiQ mame videos. Using the download service I notice FLV HiQ is not in the available media section. The only media I can find is: VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL, and VIDEO_FLV. Has VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL replaced FLV HiQ?

2. Is there any difference between the FLV HiQ and VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL files? ie. Are the VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL a higher standard of encoding / better quality?

3. When using the download service, how can I find out what release version of the MAME VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL videos you have before starting the download process using download service? If the detail are not shown on the download service, will it in the future release of the download service?

4. What is the current release version of MAME VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL videos on the download service? Is this on par with the FTP server? And Is the VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL video release on par with MAME .139?

5. If my download path on the download service is the directory where I have my FLV HiQ files, will all my files be updated/deleted when downloading the VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL files? Or should I just start with a new download directory specific for VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL video files?

The download service looks promising. Keep up the good work.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

D

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think an advanced tab with those types of directory options would be a bad idea. It would also be nice to have last update date viewable in the app.

IE: Snaps (08/21/2010)

I have to say this would be a good idea as if I have say my 2600 box art under "c:\assets\atari 2600\boxes" , when I use the app it created all the files in "c:\assets\atari 2600\boxes\atari_2600\box"

I'd either have to change all my folder names to match the downloaded folder names, then edit all of gameex paths....or move all my files to the new said named folders, run the program to update, then move them all back.

on another note....why does it say i joined on Jan 24th this year???

Hi Circo,

I have been using the Download Service Tool quite often and everything has been running great till the other day. Everytime I log in now it comes up with an error saying "Login Failure". This hasn't ever happened and I was wondering why its happening now. Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi...This is my first message here. I am a complete Noob related to Download Service. I've just paid the Year Subscription to download Mainly preview movies. I've downloaded the 0.7 download service, but when logged in it's showing me that banner to became a Member and the FREE MODE ...

It's not possible to download video sets using Download Service ? None system is listing VIDEOs for me, just Snaps, and other kind of artwork. :(

Thanks in advance for any help. ;)

Depending on the time, it can take a few minutes to sync with your new account status. Is it working now? And yes videos are supported for supporting members.

on another note....why does it say i joined on Jan 24th this year???

I'm betting I had to manually add you to the new site? ANybody who was a member before I opened up this version of EmuMovies.com is going to look a little screwy since none of that info transferred over. I'm just assuming that Jan 24th is just the day I upgraded your membership on this site.

Hi Circo

I have just tried using the latest version of the download service (6.3), and I have a few questions I hope you can answer:

1. My interest lie with MAME FLV videos. In the past (along time ago) I had downloaded from you FTP service FLV HiQ mame videos. Using the download service I notice FLV HiQ is not in the available media section. The only media I can find is: VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL, and VIDEO_FLV. Has VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL replaced FLV HiQ?

2. Is there any difference between the FLV HiQ and VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL files? ie. Are the VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL a higher standard of encoding / better quality?

3. When using the download service, how can I find out what release version of the MAME VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL videos you have before starting the download process using download service? If the detail are not shown on the download service, will it in the future release of the download service?

4. What is the current release version of MAME VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL videos on the download service? Is this on par with the FTP server? And Is the VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL video release on par with MAME .139?

5. If my download path on the download service is the directory where I have my FLV HiQ files, will all my files be updated/deleted when downloading the VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL files? Or should I just start with a new download directory specific for VIDEO_FLV_HI_QUAL video files?

D

Hello,

Just hoping the staff of this site help me with the above questions.

I may have the post in the wrong forum, so I will post it else where also.

Thank you.

Dariusz

Hi Circo

I have just tried using the latest version of the download service (6.3 - not the latest version), and I have a few questions which I hope can answered:

D

[

Hi Circo

I have just tried using the latest version of the download service (6.3 - not the latest version), and I have a few questions which I hope can answered:

D

[

Despite the slight name changes they are exactly the same thing.. The service will be expanded and worked on of course. Right now top of my list is download throttling and turning off standby while running. The versioning of sets may take a little more work if it happens although Im speaking my own opinion here and the main issue with it is keeping it up to date. There is already a lot of work involved by Circo and the others just publishing the sets so this feature may be a little while to come along if it does happen. Sorry that I did not answer sooner.

I didnt quite answer all your questions. I guess the last one is really your preference. I dont think there is really a right or wrong way in this case but the path within the system is fixed to the asset type name right now. I suspect most people will just copy the file across once there downloaded. AFAIK the FLVs are not the newer 0.139 WIP ones although could be wrong.

Hi. I can login no problem and the downloader seems to be working away. I set the path to my mame roms and the artwork path to my flv preview videos (hq). I bought the hq flv previews on dvd (0.137) a while back. I knew i was missing some flv previews so i put the downloader to work. It told me that i was missing 3868 videos of a 8000 odd rom collection ! Could this be right ? It's gonna take a day and a half to download the missing ones. No big deal - just wondering if it's replacing only the ones i'm missing or doing something odd. Thanks.

;)

Hi. I can login no problem and the downloader seems to be working away. I set the path to my mame roms and the artwork path to my flv preview videos (hq). I bought the hq flv previews on dvd (0.137) a while back. I knew i was missing some flv previews so i put the downloader to work. It told me that i was missing 3868 videos of a 8000 odd rom collection ! Could this be right ? It's gonna take a day and a half to download the missing ones. No big deal - just wondering if it's replacing only the ones i'm missing or doing something odd. Thanks.

;)

It is probably auto duplicating for clones? I havent had any feedback about MAME.

works great but... i would suggest moving the music files (mp3's) to it's own section like the vids are.

i have no real use for them on my cab and it makes downloading "all artwork" longer as well as takes up space.

it's a great bonus that they are there, but err.... it's not artwork.

btw, the new server SCREAMS! i'm hitting 2mbps!

Archived