• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JamminJ

same result here on clicking on that link

I clicked on the link and all it said was this

DeX Games Media Download Service API

thats it

Thats what it should say. The download utility accesses that site on port 80. I really dont know why you cant login then, something must be blocking the app as others can access with your login ok.

what could possibly be blocking it?

Are they any programs i actually need to run it?

I tried it on my other computer and i logged in just fine??? So I guess im going to have to transfer my files through an external HD until I can figure it out...

It works on my home pc but my arcade pc it does not work out...

what could possibly be blocking it?

Are they any programs i actually need to run it?

I tried it on my other computer and i logged in just fine??? So I guess im going to have to transfer my files through an external HD until I can figure it out...

It works on my home pc but my arcade pc it does not work out...

It might be a dependancy is missing or disabled, but I am not sure what.

Just released 0.6!

Thanks tspeirs for the work and utility. With all the versions I have never had any problems logging in once I understood it changed to forum username and pass.

Hi everyone!

First time poster. I just wanted to thank everyone involved in this download service. When I was first let in on the beta I was so excited at the prospect of automating what essentially was (for the longest time) an exciting, yet somewhat very manual process. I was further impressed when the tool actually delivered the emulation media goodness as promised on its first run!

So, my feedback, while not of a technical nature is extremely positive. Keep up the good work. A lot of the suggestions posted before me seem like great additions down the line (especially the one about enhanced folder control. )

Finally, I wanted to thank one person specifically who really made this new found hobby of mine possible. TSpiers. It must have been around '05 or '06 when I first downloaded GameEx. It was a bear to wrap my mind around it all at once, but, with persistence and a little research I was able to fully configure my own gaming machine. I was so impressed that I was more than willing to plunk down the $$ for the full version. A decision that I have never regretted. There were two times that Tom has specifically helped me with an issue (both regarding the usage of the regedit key). The first was just a general "how do I implement this" question, of which he was more than happy to help me with. The second was even more impressive: In '09 I made the switch from XP to windows 7, rendering the previous key unusable. A quick email to Tspiers and about 30 minutes later, I had my answer.

Recently, I've been on this somewhat obsessive quest to fill in my media gaps in my extensive rom libraries. Through one way or another, I caught wind of this site and began my manual quest of researching and downloading. You can imagine my surprise when I got the email informing me of this new fandangled service. I had to try it. To find out Mr. GameEx himself is part of this creation just makes sense.

Keep up the great work guys. I was able to log in and download perfectly fine a few days ago when I got the email. I'll have a lot of time tonight to really dive into it and I'm guessing I'll have a similar experience all the way.

Take care and I'm hoping to spring for the lifetime membership after this final month of my subscription.

Matrix

unfortunately I removed it already and I don't have the link anymore . If you have it I'd love to have it back .

Thank you .

Can you post a screenshot of the login tab?

I have been testing the Download Service Utility and it is working great so far!

One question though....

I'm not sure if this would work or if we would have permission to do this but could we (I could do it if it isn't looked down upon) upload the wheel art for all Hyperspin users?? This way we could use this great utility for also the wheel art used in Hyperspin? This would help with the naming of all the wheel art.

I understand if this would be a problem, but just a thought, or maybe I shouldn't have said anything.......

I have been testing the Download Service Utility and it is working great so far!

One question though....

I'm not sure if this would work or if we would have permission to do this but could we (I could do it if it isn't looked down upon) upload the wheel art for all Hyperspin users?? This way we could use this great utility for also the wheel art used in Hyperspin? This would help with the naming of all the wheel art.

I understand if this would be a problem, but just a thought, or maybe I shouldn't have said anything.......

Be patient cool.gif

I have no idea . Its been like taht since I downloaded it . My login name is blacked out . It is the correct login .

If you see me on hit me up in chat, are you using facebook connect to login by any chance?

Archived