Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Download Service Beta Testing

Circo

I am thinking that the download meter is misleading for most people. ( See Circo's video for an example )

I understand what it is doing. It starts a scan of existing roms, local media, and server media to create a download list. Asynchronously, in a second thread, it begins downloading files queued for download. The meter counts through the scan and when the scan is complete it resets with the number of files marked for download minus the completed files. This double count is confusing in itself and in addition the confusion is reflected in the Time Remaining calculation before the scan is complete.

I recommend two progress meters, one for Scan one for Download. Have separate est. times for each, and either don't calculate the download ETA until the scan process is complete or have it recalculate upward every time a file is queued for download.

Exactly and what you say makes sense to me. Ill do that. Thanks.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried the Version 0.2 and it have problems with long filenames e.g. No Intro GBA Set. The programm aborts and complains about filename lengh > 255.

But it's a great programm. And a good feature to see the missing text file for completation.

But it's a great programm. And a good feature to see the missing text file for completation.

A have.txt and missing.txt is already generated in the download folder.

Version 0.4 has just been released and PM's have been sent.

Whats New:

- Will retry search on an error (no search error if connectivity is temporarily lost, eg if I update the server application)

- Download time remaining added

NOTE: Please login with your EmuMovies username and password. The Download Service Utility is now tied to your forum account and user class. Great work Tom!

Beta testing is currently open to the following user classes:

Administrator

Developer

Content Contributor

Lifetime Member

Supporting Member (Must have post count of 5 or greater)

I tried downloading the vids for Genesis for these 2 roms (No-intro) from PD

desert demolition starring road runner and wile e. coyote (usa, europe).zip

zool - ninja of the 'nth' dimension (usa).zip

The videos are named:

Desert Demolition (W) [!].avi

Zool (U) [!].avi

The downloader returned 0 matches.

Admittedly, from my experience with writing Skinny Match, I knew those two were a PITA.

I tried downloading the vids for Genesis for these 2 roms (No-intro) from PD

desert demolition starring road runner and wile e. coyote (usa, europe).zip

zool - ninja of the 'nth' dimension (usa).zip

The videos are named:

Desert Demolition (W) [!].avi

Zool (U) [!].avi

The downloader returned 0 matches.

Admittedly, from my experience with writing Skinny Match, I knew those two were a PITA.

can you save me the trouble and attach those two vids in a zip?

*great Tool!*

I am using Version 0.4 and in the Nintendo Gameboy Advance System i am using the no intro GBA Set.

Here you will get an errormessage:

Search Error: Search not valid. Search string too long or short.

First of all THANKS CIRCO FOR THAT INCREDIBLE TOOL!!!

Only one question:

It's possible only download the missing media not all media?

I.E.: If i have a snap folder for NES system, and have some snaps there, it's possible to download ONLY the missing snaps acording to my NES roms?

At the moment i'm trying the 0.4 version and it works fine for me in windows 7.

(Excuse my english)

Only one question:

I.E.: If i have a snap folder for NES system, and have some snaps there, it's possible to download ONLY the missing snaps acording to my NES roms?

(Excuse my english)

I think thats coming up but there I can already tell there are going to be a lot of file changes on the server side so it may be awhile till we get that part perfect.

Only one question:

(Excuse my english)

It currently does do that but the destination dir has to exactly match where the tool is attempting to download to.

Ok, i understand!!

I think it could be cool if you can combine your work with Tom Spiers (GameEx).

I'm using GameEx for years and think the best result could be downloading media inside frontend only for missing media.

I know this project will be possible in a near future and will be the best solution for our emulators.

GameEx + Emumovies :praising:

Thanks another time for your work!!!!

I have finished several runs of MAME updates trying to make it blink, and it has come out rock solid. I really didn't expect anything else.

Now I am moving on to my C64 sets. If anything would make it go a little sideways I think that will.

Ok, i understand!!

I think it could be cool if you can combine your work with Tom Spiers (GameEx).

I'm using GameEx for years and think the best result could be downloading media inside frontend only for missing media.

I know this project will be possible in a near future and will be the best solution for our emulators.

GameEx + Emumovies :praising:

Thanks another time for your work!!!!

Who wants to tell Evil that Tom Speirs coded this service for EmuMovies and will be including it's functionality directly into GameEx soon ;)

Your right it would be a good idea greeting.gif

Who wants to tell Evil that Tom Speirs coded this service for EmuMovies and will be including it's functionality directly into GameEx soon :praising:

Your right it would be a good idea greeting.gif

OMG!!!! Sorry, i don't know it!!!

It's relly cool!!!

Thanks Circo and Tom for your great job!!!!

Just a quick suggestion. Rather than a droplist of choices of what to get, can we have a series of check boxes?

Would be easier.

Congrats on the release!

Great idea!

Archived