Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Download Service Beta Testing

Circo

Sega Game Gear has Advert listed as an available media. I found no matches. This is the first time I have come across a blank section. Is there an error is is there no data for it?

My error. There was a single advert, for X-men.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, would like to give this a try, so i just became a lifetime member.

Now all i need to do is to make 5 posts as far as i understood the first post.

Guess this tool should make life a lot easier.

If you want me to do some thorough testing then please add me into the beta test.

Thanks for this cool tool.

I need some help.. Im trying to use the Download utility service.. But when I open it up where it says System and Available media I hit the pull down tab and it shows nothing... I tried using my log in and password for the Emumovies website but it says log in failure???? Idk which log in to use???? I only have one and its to log in on the site???? Please help idk why I cant log in or see any systems in the boxes??? I tried changing my password but no luck still... this is getting insane... every link I recieve is either bad or dosent work???? maybe a step by step would help

thank you very much

I need some help.. Im trying to use the Download utility service.. But when I open it up where it says System and Available media I hit the pull down tab and it shows nothing... I tried using my log in and password for the Emumovies website but it says log in failure???? Idk which log in to use???? I only have one and its to log in on the site???? Please help idk why I cant log in or see any systems in the boxes??? I tried changing my password but no luck still... this is getting insane... every link I recieve is either bad or dosent work???? maybe a step by step would help

thank you very much

i had this problem initially, in the user ID box it showed [email protected] or maybe user@emumovies, once i removed the @emumovies and just used beav1s for userID instead of beav1s@emumovies it worked fine. so in userid box just try mmafan instead of mmafan@emumovies or w/e. hope this helps

as for the tool itself, its working great here. only problem i encountered so far was the too long filenames in the gba romset but it appears tom fixed this as it worked fine when i tried again today.. fantastic work on this, only suggestion i have which i think was already mentioned was use a checkbox system instead of dropdown menu for the available media selection.

One thing I can think of that may be a problem.

Re-downloading for a set of roms that have already been scanned.

Problem would be, if we keep the original download location, does the app scan that location for files already downloaded and skip them, rather than download them again?

The goal should be to point the download to your current media folders. I have been renaming mine to his standerds and changing my config paths to match.

It will not redownload any files that already exist matching the filenames exactly.

as mentions above, i would like to have more option on download folder for example default download folder for MAME is MAME but if my folder for mame right now is mame139b, i had to rename all my folder and subfolder to match default folder inorder to have correct scan so i don't have to download the complete set. If next couple version include that then i would be a happy man. other than that, it been working very well. Thanks alot. But please look into more options for download folder. Thanks again.

Well, would like to give this a try, so i just became a lifetime member.

Now all i need to do is to make 5 posts as far as i understood the first post.

Guess this tool should make life a lot easier.

If you want me to do some thorough testing then please add me into the beta test.

Thanks for this cool tool.

Actually it should be fully functioning for you regardless of post count.

Some things I have noted and working on, any advert media is having some serious issues with the renamer because the file names on the server are not rom names. I am going through and fixing this and it should end up being very cool in lets say gameex. For example I just added adverts and tv ads (which should shortly be supported in GameEx) that are now all named with the rom name of the game. If an ad has two or three games in it a file was made for each game vs the filename including every game with it. I am looking into a putting up a project tracker soon so we can manage naming issues.

For example if the nintendo set worked with the renamer 100% and the goodtools set only match 90% because of crazy variations in the naming I will add duplicates to ensure the renamer worked 100%. If we needed to test for other naming conventions such as tosec the same could be done.

The other issue I am noticing is with the computer sets (specifically commodore and amiga) the naming on our end is just horrendous. I will try to get this addressed asap though i may need some help and we can work on this thru the ftp if anyone is willing.

But so far it seems as if the download service has been a hit. I am so happy about this because there is a lot of expense with the additional server and the time involved. The way I see it if we can really shave MONTHS off of the set up process of a game box or arcade then it's completely worth it. The goal is to take this little section of the hobby to an entirely new level and make it more accessible to people. Everyone wants me to help them build a machine, with something like this it makes my job 10x easier as an end user. My hope was if I loved the idea then you guys would too. I want to give a HUGE thanks to Tom for all his hard work, and as a huge FE fanboy it's just so cool that I can call him a friend. And to all of our Members here at EmuMovies, thanks for trying this out and supporting this site in all the ways that you do. Its amazing to meet you guys from all over the world and you guys have pushed me to go from a simple little hobby site to this.

Circo

i had this problem initially, in the user ID box it showed [email protected] or maybe user@emumovies, once i removed the @emumovies and just used beav1s for userID instead of beav1s@emumovies it worked fine. so in userid box just try mmafan instead of mmafan@emumovies or w/e. hope this helps

I tried using my name mmafan but it still says Login Failure???? I see at the bottom left it says Status: Login: mmafan

but thats it??? Still no systems showing in the pull down tab or anything?? it says ( Version 0.4) at the top? Im clueless. please help if you can

I tried using my name mmafan but it still says Login Failure???? I see at the bottom left it says Status: Login: mmafan

but thats it??? Still no systems showing in the pull down tab or anything?? it says ( Version 0.4) at the top? Im clueless. please help if you can

I just added you as a friend, next time i see you on lets see if we cant figure out your issue one on one through the chat.

Correction hitting you up on chat now :)

Excellent work here. I am taking it through some trials, but so far so good. The one annoyance I have has already been mentioned a few times (the lack of control on the final download folder name so it can match your actual path). I manually modified my paths to match and am watching the progress now :)

this is what im seeing on my screen>??????? Im so lost lol please help

For the heck of it, try changing to password on the forums. Wait 2 min then go change it in the tool and try again.

For the heck of it, try changing to password on the forums. Wait 2 min then go change it in the tool and try again.

weird thing his login worked for me while testing, I am wondering if it is a connectivity thing with the new server. But I would expect more than one person would have this problem.

I just tried the new password and It still says Login Failure man this is getting really frustrating... I disabled all firewalls and have tried from 2 different computers idk

I just tried the new password and It still says Login Failure man this is getting really frustrating... I disabled all firewalls and have tried from 2 different computers idk

Disabled windows firewall and a third party FW that comes with most av software?

Do you have any kind of special NAT Router? Are you trying to do it from work with a corp firewall?

Shooting in the dark here.

If not try it from a friends house, or hook straight into your ISP.

Is there anything special about your network? Do you run Hamachi? Were your PCs corp imaged machines originally?

Sniffing the tool.

It looks like all his transfers connect through port 80 and all look to be outgoing. Really simple.

Unless you have corp firewall and the new server is on a blacklist, or you have done something funky with routing.

At a command prompt type this

telnet 67.159.36.98 80

If the prompt box clears and you only have a flashing cursor you have successfully connected.

Im direct connnected.. Idk whats up with it but what d you mean when you said

At a command prompt type this telnet 67.159.36.98 80 ???????? where do i put that at?

nothing special about my isp a very big and common company around here...

Im direct connnected.. Idk whats up with it but what d you mean when you said

At a command prompt type this telnet 67.159.36.98 80 ???????? where do i put that at?

nothing special about my isp a very big and common company around here...

Command prompt is an app in your accessories folder, it gives you a dos prompt

Command prompt is an app in your accessories folder, it gives you a dos prompt

I have the same problem as mmafan, login failure.

I tried the telnet thing and that worked fine here.

@mmafan, go to your windows button.

Click on "Run..."

Then you get a small window saying "type the name of a program, foler.......bla bla bla.

Then type CMD there and press enter.

Then you get a DOS window where you can enter the : TELNET IP PORT (67.159.36.98 80) and press enter.

If there is a good connection then indeed the DOS window goes black with a blinking cursor.

@ Circo,

I have the same problem, same screen shot.

But am able to make a connection through telnet.

Set up my lifetime supporter account last night, might that have something to do with it ?

Used to be a non supporting user for months since i did not use the services much until now.

Just entered my user name and password as that i use on the site.

Also changed it to see what happened, but 5 minutes ago it still was not working.

Archived