Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Download Service Beta Testing

Circo

Version 0.85 has been released.

This almost brings the service out of Beta by implementing client and server file CRC checking allowing updated files to be checked for and downloaded.

Excellent! Works like a dream, thank you. ;)

There's still a problem with the password not accepting the $ character though...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This works great I might say... Thanks Tom for the utility. Love the new updating feature. Keep them coming!

.:EDIT:. No sooner than I said that I started getting "Login Failure" upon starting this utility. Maybe it'll work itself out again?

Is anyone else besides me and Adultery having a login problem. Everytime I try to start the program I get a login failure message. I just updated from the beta version 7 to the newest version and the problem is still there. .............. and I was having such great luck using the download service to collect all of my artwork and such. Anyway, amazing program. It has maid my life so much more easy. hope this bug gets cleaned up soon ;)

Is anyone else besides me and Adultery having a login problem. Everytime I try to start the program I get a login failure message. I just updated from the beta version 7 to the newest version and the problem is still there. .............. and I was having such great luck using the download service to collect all of my artwork and such. Anyway, amazing program. It has maid my life so much more easy. hope this bug gets cleaned up soon ;)

I think there is an issue if you have characters in your password %$#$%^ etc, Tom is looking into this.

i have login issues as well, my password just uses characters and digits.

I tried resetting it to test as well.. no joy

hopefully this issue gets fixed soon ;)

Server is down at the moment, it should be back up soon.

Hi, is this available to all users? I've been a supporting member for over a year. Thanks.

Yes it is!

Yup, no special chars here either.

Maybe I'll be forced to actually play games on my rig for a while as you iron this out (Haha! Heaven forbid!!!). :)

Thanks for the help Cirno. :)

Adultery, try changing your password, note: it may take up to an hour for the change to make it to the other server. Also don't use your email address to log in.

hey, i'm using the download utility and I still have a lot of videos missing.. if i look at the missing.txt for my mame/snes/genesis sets there is a lot of videos listed in there, which have not downloaded..

i presume it's because my mame sets finds a rom e.g 1942 and there is no video on the server with this name ?

hey, i'm using the download utility and I still have a lot of videos missing.. if i look at the missing.txt for my mame/snes/genesis sets there is a lot of videos listed in there, which have not downloaded..

i presume it's because my mame sets finds a rom e.g 1942 and there is no video on the server with this name ?

I dont think anyone would say we have every video for every game ever created (although we try to strive to that) but it may be because your game file names simply do not match. Most of the content is in no intro filename naming format but it does try hard to match if the users files are not. Hope that answers your question.

Also for MAME games most front ends only require the parent rom video and files are not duplicated for the thousands of clones which essentialy have the same video.

Hell tspeirs,

I have a problem attempting to download FLV's which I hope you can assist me with to identify and solve the problem I have:

I have tried the latest .85 release today, and done what you have suggested earlier (reply from my earlier post).

I have setup the program (Download Service Utility (DSU)) to:

a) download System: mame, Available Media: Video_FLV_HI_QUAL

b) Match rom folder & Download Folder being the same path: G:\Emumovies Download Tool\Mame download folder

Note: The directory path I have is empty. I am hoping to download all of the Mame FLV files from the server to start and download a fresh version.

c) I have the options scan subfolders and check for update files enabled.

The problem I have when I select the GO! option is:

1) Within a second after selecting GO!, the DSU program gives me the status of complete.

2) A directory called MAME in my path above is created and has the two text files: have.txt missing.txt (both files are empty)

3) There are no FLV files downloaded?

Can you please advise how I can download the FLV files form the server? Am I doing something wrong?

I look forward to your help.

Thank you.

Dariusz

Thank you to everyone for your feedback on the new service so far.

I have just released a new version based on some of your feedback.

- Adds new options tab

- Options to throttle download speed and disable screensaver and standby when downloading

Please keep it coming...

Can you add a TODO list on your download thread or in the download zip? Just wanted to know if you thought the features I gave on (near the bottom of page 12) were a good idea and/or if you needed more information on them.

Awesome Tool. Thanks for providing this for the community and subscribers.

Until it stops creating its own folder structure I will not be able to use it to its fullest. It doesn't even follow the folder structure of the Hyperspin folder structure. It puts underscores in the top system folder name (Atari_2600).

It might be possible to have the user choose each folder if he first choses the ALL method, but if the user just chooses cartridges it would be nice if it would put files and check files straight from there.

Until then, this tool will definitely help getting everything.

Hell tspeirs,

I have a problem attempting to download FLV's which I hope you can assist me with to identify and solve the problem I have:

I have tried the latest .85 release today, and done what you have suggested earlier (reply from my earlier post).

I have setup the program (Download Service Utility (DSU)) to:

a) download System: mame, Available Media: Video_FLV_HI_QUAL

b) Match rom folder & Download Folder being the same path: G:\Emumovies Download Tool\Mame download folder

Note: The directory path I have is empty. I am hoping to download all of the Mame FLV files from the server to start and download a fresh version.

c) I have the options scan subfolders and check for update files enabled.

The problem I have when I select the GO! option is:

1) Within a second after selecting GO!, the DSU program gives me the status of complete.

2) A directory called MAME in my path above is created and has the two text files: have.txt missing.txt (both files are empty)

3) There are no FLV files downloaded?

Can you please advise how I can download the FLV files form the server? Am I doing something wrong?

I look forward to your help.

Thank you.

Dariusz

The download service utility is designed to only download content (to the download folder) if it finds a matching file (rom) in the match folder. Since the folder is empty it does not find anything and does not download anything. If you want a complete set you should use the FTP.

Can you add a TODO list on your download thread or in the download zip? Just wanted to know if you thought the features I gave on (near the bottom of page 12) were a good idea and/or if you needed more information on them.

The suggestions are a good idea and worthwhile although at the same time we need to avoid feature creep and keep the application simple and accessible for all, at least in this initial utility.

Awesome Tool. Thanks for providing this for the community and subscribers.

Until it stops creating its own folder structure I will not be able to use it to its fullest. It doesn't even follow the folder structure of the Hyperspin folder structure. It puts underscores in the top system folder name (Atari_2600).

It might be possible to have the user choose each folder if he first choses the ALL method, but if the user just chooses cartridges it would be nice if it would put files and check files straight from there.

Until then, this tool will definitely help getting everything.

Its difficult to do a one size fits all. The service is not specifically for hyperspin either but I understand your point.

I personally don't have a problem with just using windows explorer to complete the process.

That doesn't make scanning for new and updates media convenient at all. You first move all your media to the temp scanning folder scan it and move it back. To do a whole set you need to copy each folder to each download folder, run the tool grab a couple new files and then move 5 types of medias back to the correct folders. It makes a lot more sence to configure the download tool with your correct download dirs.

The download service utility is designed to only download content (to the download folder) if it finds a matching file (rom) in the match folder. Since the folder is empty it does not find anything and does not download anything. If you want a complete set you should use the FTP.

tspeirs,

Thank you for suggesting the correction to my problem.

Why do you suggest : 'If you want a complete set you should use the FTP.'? Why not use the DSU to do the job?

I will investigate the FTP option, but I am waiting for Circo to investigate my FTP issue - User / Password seems not to work any longer.

D

Archived