Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

EmuMovies Download Service Utility Private Beta

Circo

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about our Download Service Utility?

• I am so excited! This is what I have been waiting for!
    • I think it could be useful.
    • Meh...I could care less.

I am happy to announce that our new Download Service Utility is now in Private Beta Testing.

This new service has been in development for the better part of the year and has been tough for me to be quiet about. This is a reinvention in how we here at EmuMovies intend to deliver content. This is not a replacement for the FTP but another "More Efficient" way to deliver content to our members.

What this does is allow the Member to populate their front end with videos and artwork with just a couple of button clicks. It compares your rom folder to the content on the server and only downloads the content that you need. It also automatically renames all media files to match your Roms, alleviating the need to use 3rd party re-namers such as fat-match. Basically this means that a months work of sorting and renaming to get everything working in your front-end take only a matter of minutes. Everything is completely automatic needing only the simplest direction of the Member.

As of 8/20/2010 Lifetime Members, Content Contributors, Developers, and Staff have all been invited to participate in the private beta. Hopefully we will open it up to other member classes soon. This service utilizes it's own separate server that the site and FTP. So it's important that we take some baby steps as we work out the final bugs and polish up the service. We would very much appreciate any and all feedback on this service so we can get it out to everyone as quickly as possible.

See the video below for a complete demo and walk through:

(The audio got a little mangled but I didn't want to wait to get this out)

View Download Service Beta Testing Thread

I need to throw a shout out to our latest EmuMovies Team Member....Mr. Tom Speirs (tspeirs). Tom is the main programmer behind our new Download Service Utility. You may have heard the name before as Tom created this little program called GameEx a few years ago :)

Tom has been promoted from Developer Status to Moderator and I can't tell you how excited I am to have him as part of our team.

I need to throw a shout out to our latest EmuMovies Team Member....Mr. Tom Speirs (tspeirs). Tom is the main programmer behind our new Download Service Utility. You may have heard the name before as Tom created this little program called GameEx a few years ago :)

Tom has been promoted from Developer Status to Moderator and I can't tell you how excited I am to have him as part of our team.

Welcome aboard Mr. Speirs

Nice work on the Downloader haven't found any issues yet it's very solid so far.

Guest nhuse

When I run the application, I get an error that states "The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Any thoughts on the problem? Thanks!

When I run the application, I get an error that states "The application failed to initialize properly (Oxc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Any thoughts on the problem? Thanks!

The application requires .net framework 2 SP1 or above.

Archived