Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Checking collections?

beev

I was curious if anybody knew of a program that would check through the rom collections and tell you what you're missing and possibly verify that it's a good dump?

Is there also a program that can do that with an iso as well?

Check out clrmamepro and/or Google clrmamepro alternatives. You will need the .dat for the collection you have i.e. no-into, goodset or tosec. If you have no idea what collection you have get all the dats and it should sort them for you. It will also fix the names to be in line with the collection. For cd based games look into the redump project. Redump will do you no good unless the game is dumped following their standards. Luckily rom based games will be one of the three stated above, unless you acquired them a long, long, long time ago. If you find it would be easier to just start over, I personally like the naming convention and standards of no-intro the most.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip on Redump. I use clrmamepro a lot. Great little program. Saves a lot of leg work. I didn't realize there was a specific program for CD based games consoles. thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes I would like a good program for this as well. Something with options for sorting and renaming by full retail set, bootlegs or hacks, homebrew, stuff like that. The ones I tried in the past either seemed like some games were missing or didn't like the way the apps organized the roms.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/16/2016 at 10:26 AM, ThePagel said:

Check out clrmamepro and/or Google clrmamepro alternatives. You will need the .dat for the collection you have i.e. no-into, goodset or tosec. If you have no idea what collection you have get all the dats and it should sort them for you. It will also fix the names to be in line with the collection. For cd based games look into the redump project. Redump will do you no good unless the game is dumped following their standards. Luckily rom based games will be one of the three stated above, unless you acquired them a long, long, long time ago. If you find it would be easier to just start over, I personally like the naming convention and standards of no-intro the most.

Will try this out.

• 2 months later...

Archived