Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

My salutations

KristianD

Greetings!

I am new to the Mame/Arcade/Hyperspin game.

My goal is to build a full arcade cabinet in the next year with a little help from my ''woodworking'' friend and maybe with the help of great experienceced and skilled people that roaM around in this forum...

Salutations,

Je découvres tout ce qui relève de MAME, l'arcade et Hyperspin.

Mon but est de bâtir un meuble d'arcade complet au courant de la prochaine année avec un peu d'aide de mon ami Ébéniste et peut-être avec l'aide des gens expérimentés et qualifiés qui fréqueNtent ce forum...

No Habla Espanol

Can't wait to chat with you...

Au plaisir de vous parler...

Professionnel!

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Any idea what you're planning to build for your setup? 2player 4player, tracball, maybe even add 2 guns for all out fun?

Since it will be my first , I am thinking of maybe 2 players with a track-ball... no guns for now but I might say that some videos on YOUTUBE showing wireless light-guns and driving-wheels got me thinking.

But again, It being my first, I shall remain humble and aim for the basic 2-players and track-ball.

Still sounds like plenty of fun.  I'm just a dreamer when it comes to making a cab at this point.  Make sure to post some pics and possibly kick some ideas around here.

Do you plan on re-purposing an old pc or going with new pc parts to kick the build off?

Plan, plan and plan some more. Since you are new to hyperspin I would recommend getting that set up the way you want before you start investing in the cabinet. You might find you would prefer a tube TV over a lcd or the other way around, that can change the build considerably.

On 2016-05-15 at 7:24 AM, beev said:

Still sounds like plenty of fun.  I'm just a dreamer when it comes to making a cab at this point.  Make sure to post some pics and possibly kick some ideas around here.

Do you plan on re-purposing an old pc or going with new pc parts to kick the build off?

I am not quite sure about that for now but I might be leaning on the side of re-purposing an old pc, might I find the basic configuration info...

On 2016-05-19 at 0:09 AM, helmgar said:

Welcome to the obsession..... I mean hobby

I know right?

I just can't seem to get this out of my system.

Like it's the only thing I can think about, I spend countless hours on the web trying to get inspiration and just discovring that reality I just didn't knew existed...

It is an obsession...

All this being said,

I am juggling about the idea of starting my adventure by building an arcade fight stick (in order to test/developp my wiring abilities) before throwing myself in building full cabinet.

Any of you got advices on this TOPIC?

I've seen lots of videos and forum posts but i'm looking for some kind of DiY kit for an USB arcade stick kit to test on my computer.

If any of you have references it would be just ...turbo-nice!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I built a standing arcade cabinet with my old man, it was easier than i thought but still a challenge, if i had any advice it would be to be sure of the size, and think ahead..I moved and sadly didnt have space for the cabinet...

A few years ago i built a bed in the barn that was extremely heavy... It turned out it was too big to get up the stairs and of course i glued everything instead of just screws. We had to get it into my room through the roof.