Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Explanation of Member Classes - Updated 09/2015

Circo

I am excited to announce a new user class, Advanced Member. The Advanced Member class is being introduced to encourage and reward Basic Members who participate in our community. Once a Basic Member hits 20 approved posts (No Spam or Bumping) they will automatically be promoted to Advanced Member which gives you more daily downloads and bandwidth in our Download Section without having to donate. Below is the new breakdown of our user classes.  

Basic Members

• 384kb/s bandwidth cap
  • 1 Gigabyte data transfer per day
  • Basic Access to Download Service (Artwork Only, 250mb/day cap)
  • Access to 240p Video Content

Advanced Members (20 forum posts)

• 500kb/s bandwidth cap
  • 1.5 Gigabytes data transfer per day
  • Basic Access to Download Service (Artwork Only, 250mb/day cap)
  • Access to 240p Video Content

Supporting Members / Lifetime Members (Donated to the Site)

• Download unlimited files per day
  • No bandwidth cap
  • No transfer cap
  • Full Access to F.T.P. File Server
  • Full Access to Download Service (Artwork and Videos)
  • Access to 480p Video Content

Content Contributors / Developers / Elite Members

• Download unlimited files per day
  • No bandwidth cap
  • No transfer cap
  • Full Access to F.T.P. File Server
  • Full Access to Download Service (Artwork and Videos)
  • Access to 480p Video Content

NOTICE:  DO NOT CREATE DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS, DUPLICATE ACCOUNTS ARE AUTO BANNED BY SYSTEM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this new concept but it will be hard for most because of time consumed to download files. Would there be a Contributing Class as some might want to upload artwork and how would they be rewarded for their contributions? I know we need more forum posts. But do you think that the site could handle it if it did. The topics are very limiting. It is kinda sad you know a lot of views and not one single post to say thank you.

There is already a Content Contributor Class, if you want to contribute you just need to pm Circo.

Yes But it is limited to video, not artwork as I have already did the Nintendo Gamecube boxset and my status has not changed.

I plan on subbing soon I guess, I need those videos :)

• 7 months later...

meh.. how the hell am i suppose to write 20 legit posts all i can do is comment other topics theres nothing new about arcades.. oh well...

• 1 month later...
Guest warzoneroger

I believe it is not hard to get to 20 posts, if you are interested in what the community has to share.

• 2 weeks later...

That's pretty generous that the bar is set so low at only posts. I would've thought it would be at least 150 or so.

• 1 month later...

well here's my first post, so hope to get to 20 someday and improve my download limit :bow:

• 2 weeks later...
That's pretty generous that the bar is set so low at only posts. I would've thought it would be at least 150 or so.

20 Makes sense, seeing as most people wouldn't have much to say until there actually able to use the full service.  Does "approved" just mean it can't be flagged or does it have to be liked?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to getting advanced member status. This might just be the best website for movie snaps ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, im only a basic member but today, instead of 50, i can only download 5 files for some reason (5 small mp4 videos, no more than a few MBs total) :(

Yesterday i downloaded more than that.

Nothing has changed, it's still 50

It seems im affected from some kind of error. I managed to download 3 more files and now i get the limit message again. Its pretty random...

• 3 weeks later...

I think that the Basic user has the same privileges as an advanced user now?  Or is an Advanced user even higher now?

I would also like to know what does "approved" forum posts means. My guess is that any post count unless its flagged or deleted by the staff.

That's exactly right

• 2 weeks later...

So if u read this right, in order to get videos without paying I have to manually download them? Because of the flashy intro to this site, its very confusing as to where to start and go. I wonder if that's to keep people out unless they need it.

Fortytwo

I think it's a nice middle ground, having the ability to gain some benefits without having to dole out money every month or for a life time membership. Then again if a little more was offered even that might not be such a bad idea.

• 3 weeks later...

So do we just post on here to gain access to the "advanced member" class ?

Or do we have to post on Twitter?

thanks guys

Also, just as a heads up I just build my own arcade machine and used the vendor Groovy Game Gear for my products.  They did a great job and I highly reccommend ! 

Twitter? This is a forum, by definition it's for posting and replying to topics ;)

Awesome. Thanks for the information and resources. It makes my Arcade Cabinet project all the more fun.

Archived