Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Video Submission Guidelines and Tutorial [2011 Version] (Basic)

Circo

Can't guarantee the turnaround time, but since they are not full sets it will be quick, couple days at most usually. Sometimes the same day, depends how busy I am, but they will stay in the official collection forever and it's much appreciated :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No prob. I have FRAPS. I'm new to this but gonna give it a go. If it doesn't work then oh well lol what settings should i use for fraps? Movies-30fps or 29.97? half-size or full-size?

Alright so I did a little more tweaking. I'm doing 30fps half-size. I'm using an xvid codec at the time of compression. a 30 sec clip is about 10mb. since these are pc games i'm doing them full screen also. Thoughts???? (ignore post above this one.)

hmm you should be using FRAP's native encoder for capture...for one it's faster than Xvid...however the files are a lot larger.

Post capture Circo recommends Xvid level 1 or 2...from my understanding...however I recommend x264 set for lossless video stream & FLAC for lossless audio stream stuffed into a MKV file.

However Circo will likely bark at me for making such a suggestion when I have yet to put in place a tool chain to make this easy.

That said if you just encode the video stream in x264 lossless and PCM wave for audio in an AVI container through VirtualDub that would be awesome.

If you have a registered TSCC codec that would likely be best...while not as likely to get as small as x264 the newer TSCC codec does rather well and is commonly used.

Shouldn't really be any diff on your end Circo other than I'd have to change up the AviSynth scripts a bit...basically make a condition if AVI do it this way...if MKV then do it this other way.

Yeah at present it's more difficult for submitters...and even if made simple...it would take longer than encoding to Xvid or TSCC.

Alright so lets try this route.... i uploaded a video under uploads/tkropp17 you let me know lol a lot of my pc games run at 1440x1600 (i have a 16:10 setup on my projector) i believe this is 1024*768. i'm new to this but i'd really like to help the community if i can. if not i'm still making these for my own system lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Since it's been over a year, I just wanted to double check if anything has changed with regard to your guidelines and/or the procedure you'd recommend? There's a few games I want to make trailers for, but I didn't want to buy fraps to get rid of the watermark just to find out that it wasn't necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you explain the below final step processes for me:

- Videos will be cropped, sized and edited together with transitions
- Audio will be normalized
- Final FLV and AVI versions will be encoded

I am doing videos of videogame hacks that won't be included in emumovies so I was just doing them for myself and wanted to know how to finish everything once I have a 10 second time video and a 30 second game play video.

Thanks for any assistance that is provided.

That's great, I wasn't aware of that. I'll submit some for the 32x in the next couple of days  :-)

In regards to title screen shots, what do you do for games that don't have a title screen i.e. Soulstar X (USA) (Proto) for the Sega 32x

It doesn't have a title screen so I created a custom one based on the Sega CD version of the game to use in my emulator frontend. Do you accept custom title screens if the game does not contain one?

2n0suvc.png

I went ahead and uploaded one of the games I have completed already which is a hack of Doom for the 32x.

No rush but whenever you have time please take a look and let me know if everything was done correctly incase I need to make any changes prior to uploading any additional items to the FTP.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.

This is interesting. I'll have to give it a try soon.

P.S. Is there a thread with what's lacking on the video database? I browsed some of my roms but all matched what was already uploaded :S

P.S. Made one just like you instructed and to finalise I copied a generic mp4 setting (from one of the database) to match size and etc.

hmm it would take like 10 extra lines of code for "HyperSpin Asset XML Audit" to create a missing list.

However thats processing one system at a time, but countless asset folders. So Snaps, Titles, Videos, Manuals,... could all be done in one shot.

Rain might be doing something fancyer...but for basic auditing...I already have code in place.

I can have missing lists done in no time already, but my dbs are usually larger than the ones on HList (and naming doesn't match exactly) so quite a few of the games with missing vids wouldn't even be on HList dbs.

Nologic, your Audit tool should really be able to take some CLI parameters and you could audit everything in no time, if you feed it with the ini and XML file plus a switch to audit immediately you could easily create a launcher/bat file to audit all systems at once.

Archived