Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Movie set

Brenry

I am in the process of rebuilding my cab, and I only see mame video set from .128 online. Can anyone confirm these are compatible with the current .130 + editions of mame? I remember there was a renaming overall last summer on roms.

Also having a heck of a time getting my console editions in order. For example my genesis set was 900 roms and the pack online was only 500. I ditched that and got a condensed "complete" pack off UG tracker with 600 and was missing about 10 video titles. Went to the FTP thinking np I can just complete it this way, but I have found the snes and genesis are really short numbered. Snes for example was missing nearly 150 titles off a "complete" pack and I'm not talking dupes or japanese titles, talking name brand ones like Adams family, yoshi, and countless others.

The console ones I can get by with and just generate my own. But my main concern is the Mame one since I don't have that system set up yet. Since a ton of roms got renamed a few months ago, is most of these videos not linked ?

If I remember correctly, only a few roms got renamed with the current MAME. I believe this started with 0.133.

As far as console games go, a lot of the videos are named incorrectly. Use FatMatch to rename them. Jochitko is working on a lot of the console sets and I believe he got most of the Genesis ones done. Have a look in his folder on the FTP.

:sarcastic:

k. well I was comparing number of video files in the directory to the rom sets for consoles. And again with the "complete" sets with videos/roms that underground gamer has, it has 100-200 more videos than the ones offered on emumovies. Those sets have dupes, foreign, and homebrew weeded out. Just the main release titles. When I was manually going down the list comparing what I have to the ones on ftp, it's not an issue of different naming or (U) (J) (E). It's just flat out missing titles.

For example in ftp, comparing the first 15 titles that show on my browser from my directory to the ones on emumovies. ftp is missing several.

AAAHH!! Real Monsters

Action 52

Adams Family

Adventures of Batman & Robin

Adventures of Mighty Max

Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle

Aero Blasters

Aero the Acrobat

Aero the Acro-bat 2

Aerobiz

After Burner II <<<<<<<<< i mean come on.. it's a famous popular sega title

Alien Storm

the list goes on.. it is missing a large amount of videos

As far as mame goes, would appreciate someone checking. I'm still downloading the files for my cab. I remember it being alot more than a couple files renamed, and the romsets on PD pretty much had to be redownloaded from scratch unless you were handy with clrmame.

Thanks for the tip on the renamer though, i'll look into it. But would be a lot more convenient to have the renamed files offered online for mame assuming people who buy subscriptions are not here because they are using a mame build from a year ago (.128) and be dependant on making their own movies for roms added since then.

k. well I was comparing number of video files in the directory to the rom sets for consoles. And again with the "complete" sets with videos/roms that underground gamer has, it has 100-200 more videos than the ones offered on emumovies. Those sets have dupes, foreign, and homebrew weeded out. Just the main release titles. When I was manually going down the list comparing what I have to the ones on ftp, it's not an issue of different naming or (U) (J) (E). It's just flat out missing titles.

For example in ftp, comparing the first 15 titles that show on my browser from my directory to the ones on emumovies. ftp is missing several.

AAAHH!! Real Monsters

Action 52

Adams Family

Adventures of Batman & Robin

Adventures of Mighty Max

Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle

Aero Blasters

Aero the Acrobat

Aero the Acro-bat 2

Aerobiz

After Burner II <<<<<<<<< i mean come on.. it's a famous popular sega title

Alien Storm

the list goes on.. it is missing a large amount of videos

As far as mame goes, would appreciate someone checking. I'm still downloading the files for my cab. I remember it being alot more than a couple files renamed, and the romsets on PD pretty much had to be redownloaded from scratch unless you were handy with clrmame.

Thanks for the tip on the renamer though, i'll look into it. But would be a lot more convenient to have the renamed files offered online for mame assuming people who buy subscriptions are not here because they are using a mame build from a year ago (.128) and be dependant on making their own movies for roms added since then.

The Genesis set from UG is our offering, I will look into why some are missing, I looked and they are missing. As far as mame we still need to go through rom by rom and veryify the videos are named correctly. As far as I know only about 50 games or so are missing from the mame set due to new releases since 128. I don't know of a better way to do it then by hand. If anybody feels like pitching in and doing like a letter at a time with missing lists, that would make it go faster. Otherwise it's on the top of the list once I get the site finished.

Thanks circo. All the videos you have created are great and for one person is certainly an overwhelming feeling. I know you bought some beefy hardware just to get the hyperpin videos in, and don't know much about it myself. But when I tried to generate my own videos in mame using fraps it got very choppy.

My purpose was not to critize, but more of bringing awareness that the sets on UG seem more complete than on FTP.

• 1 month later...

Okay according to the renameSET Dat there has been 1376 raw renames...of those I haven't a clue which are parents or working...at least not yet.

Going off the Mame Rankings INI for .134 we have the following stats:

Total Videos: 3177

Total Games: 3426

Videos That Are -

Missing: 617

Correct: 2809

Orphans: 84

Busted: 250

Clones: 34

Edit: Removed extraneous data from post and submitted as an attachment.

AWOL List.txt

HK -

hmm not pointless at all, plenty of useful data about some of what needs to be done... :)

Circo -

Good to hear, hopefully future documents will prove even more worthwhile.

Edit:

I've attached the AutoIt script that I wrote to create some of the information posted above.

One will need AutoIt installed as the script isn't compiled.

Further there are two variables at the top of the file that the end user will need to edit. ($Path_Mame, $Path_Video)

Mame Video ToDo List.zip

Archived