Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Tiny Home Huge Setup

mccorkled

A bit off topic, but all on topic...

I am hoping to hear from some experts or anyone with any awesome tips to help me finish my setup. I have been working on this project (mostly the games) for about 6 years now and I would really like to wrap it all up here soon. I am using Kodi as my main front end that pulls from my Synology server running Plex and launches Hyperspin for my games. I will get into much more specific detail further down.

PC:
Moneual MonCaso 932 HTPC Case with 7" touch screen
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjPtdAk51_0DRSzX1QvRh
stock image

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0
Corsair Hydro Series H75 CPU Water Cooler
ASUS Z170 Ppr Gaming Motherboard
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti (I HATE this POS)
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 2280 250GB SATA III
LG Black 16X Blu-Ray ReWriter w/ 3D Playback

SERVER:
Synology 3615xs
8x WD Red 8TB NAS Hard Disk Drives

I used to have a Drobo (still do if anyone is interested in purchasing it with drives included 29TB total. $2,700) and I needed more storage so I moved up to the Synology device. Synology has a bunch of applications that you can run directly off the server that handles most anything. I recently learned about Docker and Linux containers which were a huge pain to setup the other day but now that it is all working it's great. The containers are a better way to run programs because they do not alter the Synology in any way and rather... run in a container. Anyways, I am running Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, LazyLibrarian, SABnzbd, and Plex off of the server currently. Working on trying to get Calibre and Lychee working currently.

Here is a video of our setup.

As you can see, the HTPC case is great for displaying console information and then game information. I set this up using HyperMarquee and EDS. My Hyperspin theme is AeonNox. I was helping to work on this theme but I was banned over at HS because I did not like the way the mods were treating paid members. Anyways... everything is finally working great and I am really happy about everything. As I mentioned, I have got into a lot of other projects since I was last here and one of those projects happens to be building a tiny home. You can read all about that here. Sasquatters

We are planning on making it very modern inside and one of the things we would like to do is bring our home theater setup into the bus. We have a 64" curved Samsung right now but we will be down grading to something like a 32-36" Samsung but we have a screen and projector for watching movies on the rooftop deck. We also want to make it a smart home using the Synology as the main hub but this has not been looked into very much.

So...

Does anyone have any ideas or anything really that can help bring this setup to the next level? We have all of the hardware to make it happen, but just lack ideas. Perhaps there is nothing else we can do and we have reached the end? I hope not, I need more tech in my life! Hope to hear some great ideas.

screenshot003.thumb.png.743de8814f4a5c61aec9de8afcfc34c4.png

screenshot000.thumb.png.a9f6cb33ed68821dbf5df68b190e71e9.png

screenshot001.thumb.png.53c620f76a7adbd6b788d36513663a77.png

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/23/2018 at 3:11 PM, morize said:

Why do you hate your 980 GTX?

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I am not getting notifications for some reason and emumovies isn't working on TapaTalk anymore. My card constantly overheats for no reason, glitches, makes the audio go crazy, and then restarts the PC. I love when that happens in the middle of editing something. :facepalm:

On 8/3/2018 at 10:03 AM, mccorkled said:

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I am not getting notifications for some reason and emumovies isn't working on TapaTalk anymore. My card constantly overheats for no reason, glitches, makes the audio go crazy, and then restarts the PC. I love when that happens in the middle of editing something. :facepalm:

I'll fix tapatalk soon.  I have been troubleshooting some various small website issues and I disabled tapatalk along the way.  I had a family vacation in the middle of that so its been drug out.  A few more days of smooth sailing and I will re-enable.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived